Bye

accutane

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hey nomo. I'm sorry to hear your triglycerides are off! My doc never really went over my bloodwork with me, so I'm assuming they're ok? Hopefully? But I am glad you're seeing progress already!! I unfortunately am not. 
Did your doc recommend that kind of diet for you?
I definitely have been eating pretty badly lately. Like fast food every other day and a bunch of junk food. It's bad.

And I just had Waffle House for dinner last night. Fml. Gaining so much weight!

Edited by foxtrotter, 29 March 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#42 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Month 2 Day 8: bigger bumps around my temples and cheeks... Seems like my IB is continuing. Had to part my hair more towards the middle today to hide the sides of my face cause its disgusting! I keep peeling the extra skin on the corners of my lips to the point where they sometimes bleed for a good 10 minutes. Ha. Yeah my lips look frighteningly clownish. Oh well. And I've noticed more dried boogers stuck inside my nose. Some of which are bloody. Gross yeah. My chin has been more flakey lately.

I had a dream my skin got cleared up most of the way with the accutane and woke up to two whiteheads on the big bumps that I have on my cheeks. Boo :(

Oh and I have also been able to go days without washing my hair. But I hope that's not what is keeping me from clearing since my long bangs always touch my cheeks and I always touch my hair with my hands causin bacteria to get on my face. Idk. Fuck it.

Edited by foxtrotter, 29 March 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#43 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

No he just said low fat.  I attempted the low carb and vegan, but no way....I'm gonna stick with super low carbs and low fat--chx and fish.  we'll see.  I may just one of those people that it raises my trigs ....if that's the case, I'm willing to go on lipitor for a few months in order to stay on it.

foxtrotter, you'll start clearing up.... still am breaking out due to old stuff...but, it's much better.

#44 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

I have the worst migraine. Ever.
I thought it was from poor sleep last night cause it was super hot and my dog kept waking me up so I took a nap, and woke up and the migraine was still there. Last time I had a migraine, whenever I'd eat, it'd be gone. So I ate a whole bunch of grapes thinking they'd hydrate me, but me. Migraines still there.. Just chugged a whole water bottle like 10 min ago, still here.

Seriously making me reconsider staying on this drug. Like wtf my Derm didn't even go over my bloodworm or my overall health. Or even cared to ask about the side effects I had or how I was doing overall.

Bye.

#45 charlotte93

charlotte93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I feel your pain foxtrotter! I'm on day 17 and my IB is awful! Starting to question whether the spots i had before accutane were so bad :/ But we started this process for a reason so we may as well finish it!! Try to stay positive and not lose hope :) I just tell myself that however i feel today is short term and come summer i'm going to be going out with no make-up on and full of confidence!! WE WILL HAVE CLEAR SKIN :) Stay strong :)

#46 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

I feel your pain foxtrotter! I'm on day 17 and my IB is awful! Starting to question whether the spots i had before accutane were so bad :/ But we started this process for a reason so we may as well finish it!! Try to stay positive and not lose hope smile.png I just tell myself that however i feel today is short term and come summer i'm going to be going out with no make-up on and full of confidence!! WE WILL HAVE CLEAR SKIN smile.png Stay strong smile.png

Thanks Charlotte. Yeah, I know I need to stay strong.. and I'm trying to! I try to believe that come summer time I won't have to put on any makeup too haha.

Month 2 Day 10: So there was a bump that had a flake on it, so i scratched the flake off and then saw a head to a pimple, I applied a teeny bit of pressure and BAM ooze of pus/blood. then more blood. then BAM it looked like a damn ice pick scar. I freaked out and washed it with some dial soap then put some vaseline on it so it would heal up really fast.. So scared I fucked up. GRRRRRR! HATE THESE DAMN PIMPLES! 

I have came across some good products to use though:

Neosporin Cream- I apply a dot on the pimples I popped right after. Heals them up pretty well so they don't scab n what not.

Petroleum jelly/vaseline- I get a qtip and swirl some around my nose to prevent waking up with crusty ass boogers some of which are bloody. 

Cerave Moisturizing Cream- still using. Love this stuff. Slowly clearing the rash on my right hand with it 

Still praying for improvementeusa_pray.gif

#47 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

You GUYS.

I noticed a significant improvement these past two days. I did a few things differently and I'm not sure which one is the exact reason why I've had improvement.

First, I started taking Udo's 369 Oil Blend supplements. But only two capsules at dinner. 

I washed my face THREE times a day. (This could be it) I wash once in the morning, once after I get home from school (wash my makeup off yuck), and once more before bed. I think this really helped because from the time I washed my face after school to just going to bed, bacteria built up on my face and sleeping with it over night just didn't do a thing to my cheek pimples (especially rubbing all over my pillow).

I started eating yogurt again.

I am feeling more hopeful these days!! I hope it continues to improve :) :) :)

#48 cheezycakes

cheezycakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Really really happy for you! Sounds like you're over the hump.

#49 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Forgot to take Oil supplements yesterday and now I'm feeling like my breakout is worsening. god damnnnnnn

#50 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Does anyone have any experience smoking medicinal mj while on accutane? 

#51 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Month 2 Week 3 Update:

Bumps are flattening out. Still have red/pink marks all over my cheeks. I mentioned lower back pain to my derm and she gave me a shock kinda face and told me if it was persistent I'd be taken off the medication. Ffffff.I had these weird chappy red extensions on the edges of my lips for a while, but I am treating it with plain ol vaseline and it's healing up pretty nicely. Derm prescribed me nystatin but I saw that it was white petroleum and something else? idk. don't really feel like paying 10 bucks for a cream that my tub o' petrojelly will solve ha. I will be staying on 60mg for Month 3. I hate these stupid white heads that will randomly show up! I drove home from school to visit my derm and on the way, one formed. 

I asked my derm about picking and she said I could. I told her my concern about scarring and how I notice a little stupid rolling scar on my cheek. Didn't matter. and I was so shocked because I always thought it would scar this n that if you picked... But she was so sure that my skin would turn around no matter what. (I hope I can trust her) (She has outstanding credentials in terms of undergrad school and med school)

She asked if I would like for her to pop my random whitehead, and I said SURE! it was actually pretty nice knowing you have a professional pop your pimples cause knowing me, i probably wouldve f'd it all up and make it worse. 

But later that night, a pimple formed again in that same spot!! but it wasn't a whitehead. I applied a little pressure and BAM shot out a nice little hard yellow thing with some ooze. (sorry, graphic)

I got some sunscreen moisturizer samples.. the cerave and eucerin one. going to try the eucerin one today to see how i like it. Anyone have any sunscreen recommendations? 

#52 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Had a shot to drink today. But drank a lot of water later on. Hope I'm alright haha

#53 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi there.  My face is totally wrecked right now.  I think we just have to be patient.  I am gonna try to just roll with it until month 4.  My doctor also looked at me shockingly when I mentioned pains and fatigue.  Seriously?? You haven't heard this shit before?? Whatever.  I think they relate depression and fatigue together and that is what concerns them.  Mine did tell me to take ibuprofen regularly for pains....genius, I know, but it does make a huge difference.  Also, i have had some microcysts that have been there forever, now finally purging out, thank God.  I am 1 month 13 days. It's so gross to think of all the bacteria in your face.

Hope you are doing well! Pot is not gonna effect your skin either way. 

#54 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi there.  My face is totally wrecked right now.  I think we just have to be patient.  I am gonna try to just roll with it until month 4.  My doctor also looked at me shockingly when I mentioned pains and fatigue.  Seriously?? You haven't heard this shit before?? Whatever.  I think they relate depression and fatigue together and that is what concerns them.  Mine did tell me to take ibuprofen regularly for pains....genius, I know, but it does make a huge difference.  Also, i have had some microcysts that have been there forever, now finally purging out, thank God.  I am 1 month 13 days. It's so gross to think of all the bacteria in your face.

Hope you are doing well! Pot is not gonna effect your skin either way. 

Thanks for keeping up to date with this! I'm starting to wonder if anyone else even reads this page. ha 

I'm sorry your face is wrecked. I'm not completely satisfied with how mine looks, I'm just trying to roll with it and thank god I'll be outta school in a few weeks. But yeah, I was surprised my derm was surprised when I told her about my lower back pains.. like, isn't that normal? to be having some aches? idk. Have you reached the point where your nose starts to purge and you get cactus pores!? get tweezers and pluck them out! it's seriously so much fun haha. Anyway, keep me updated with your progress!

Month 2 Day 25 ish?: Something I want to note. Ive been having this weird tender soreness around my tear duct area on my left upper eye lid. I don't see anything. and sometimes it's pinkish. it'll be tender in the mornings and subside throughout the day goes on.. sometimes it'll itch but i try not to touch it with my dirty nails. i think it could be since i was using eye drops and putting the eye dropper basically in my tear ducts which could pass bacteria n what not. but i'm starting to get concerned! 

#55 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Put vaseline on my eye lid that was irritated last night, and the pain is pretty much gone! God. I love vaseline. 

#56 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Put vaseline on my eye lid that was irritated last night, and the pain is pretty much gone! God. I love vaseline. 

I have the same thing!! in the corner of one eye is a tiny patch of continuous irritation, like eczema-ish.  weird.  I am almost 2 months in and still breaking out like bananas, probably worse than before.  I hope this stops eventually!  I am starting to worry I may be one of the people it just doesn't work for. :(

#57 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hey nomo. Did you put Vaseline on it one night? I only did for a night and it went away. But keep your head up! Everything gets better during month 3. I continued to break out like almost a week into my month 3 but I've been seeing improvement overall. It's just these red marks that are of m concern now! And my long term health..... I am just praying I won't regret this later in my life. I hate stumbling upon accutane horror stories and reading them bc my mind will trick me into thinking that it'll happen to me. And the mind holds a TON of power. Just keep yourself positive. You're going to be clear soon!

#58 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

nothing really new to share. i'm still getting pimples on my cheeks.... and i have the tendency to pop them. i notice some pitted scarring which i'm hating. but my derm supposedly says theres nothing to worry about this that, everything will get better, no one fails accutane. anyway. i just wanna rant about how bad my initial breakout made my face. before i never had ANY red scarring or any scarring in general. and now i'm left with sooo many because of my IB. i'm halfway into month 3 and if I don't see significant improvement in these scars, like everyone else seems to be doing around month 3, i will cryyyyyyyyyy.

my next appt for month 4 is on wednesday. and i head to the beach that day too for vacation. gotta talk to her about being out in the sun n what not. even though i see improvement in my skin overall (from the IB), i am contemplating on asking her for prednisone the steroid to make this stupid breakout go away.

weird thing is i get pimples on one cheek, my other cheek is smooth. and vice versa. i'm just so sick of forming these pimples!!! why isn't accutane giving me that CLEAR skin everyone else gets? :(

#59 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Good news: No new actives!

Bad news: I got ringworm.

Seriously fml it itches and freaked me out last night when I noticed a ring on my back. Glad my Derm prescribed me nystatin cream, some sources say it works, some say the opposite. Whatever. Bought lotrimin cream anyway. Hoping this goes away cause I don't want anyone else to get it!!
I probably got it while I was in the pool yesterday. I have no idea how else. I'm on vacation by the beach and I've noticed I've been more itchy.. Could be the sun drying me up.