Achievements

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Sorry, didn't read carefully.

#22 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

You could ask for prednisone, which is a steroid-like compound which helps with inflammation. It's usually reserved only for severe breakouts. You'll only be able to take it for a week or so because it can cause dependency and a long list of major side effects. I would say try to stick it out if you can, because anything your doctor can give you is only a short-term stop gap. If your IB lasts longer the week, all you'll have done is postpone it for a really short time. 

Ten months seems like a haul! I think I am already seeing a little improvement in my chest but my face is breaking out like crazyyyy ugh. I'm hating it.
Did your doc prescribe you anything to help the IB? Is there anything I could get prescribed?

I was on doxycycline for years, people tend to be put on a similar type of medication prior to starting Accutane. That won't really help you though. I would probably just ask  my derm if I was you. Ha actually the previous comment mentioned something while I was typing this up, so ttheir idea could work for you. As for the length of my course, so long as it works I don't mind (rather it than the alternative anyway).

Cool! I'm going to ask her about that. I am just afraid if I add something it'll affect the long term success of accutane or just not be good for me in addition to tane. Thats kinda why i didnt wanna take birth control because when i was on it it cleared me up pretty well and after i got off it i kept breaking out more and more... I'm just so ready for it to be month 5 already fffff. And I've taken doxycycline before and it gave me madd headaches like no other!

#23 jamie o

jamie o

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Cool! I'm going to ask her about that. I am just afraid if I add something it'll affect the long term success of accutane or just not be good for me in addition to tane. Thats kinda why i didnt wanna take birth control because when i was on it it cleared me up pretty well and after i got off it i kept breaking out more and more... I'm just so ready for it to be month 5 already fffff. And I've taken doxycycline before and it gave me madd headaches like no other!

I have seen quiet a few people on here who have had problems with doxycycline. Also take the birth control pill if it can help minimise your initial breakout, so many women taken it and have success with Accutane.

#24 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Day 13 update:

IB is still going on. Getting big cystic pimples :( so tempted to squeeze them but I am not.. I've noticed that my skin looks progressively worse as the day goes on.. Like the bumps are MUCH more calm when I wake up and then when I wash off my makeup after a long day at school I have new bumps and bigger bumps >:( it could just be that the medication is wearing off as the day goes on.. Already ready to get a higher dosage next month!

#25 cheezycakes

cheezycakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

I know this gets said a lot, but try not to worry about it too much; you're only on day 13. The accutane is not wearing off per se, it's just that the medicine takes time to build up significant concentration in your body. Everything you're seeing is completely normal. 

#26 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Day 18: No new improvements with my skin.. The top of my right hand is super dry and rough. I can't seem to stop trying to pick/peel at the corners of my lips even though they HURT BAD when i do... I can't really open my mouth very wide so eating is a little difficult. Going for my monthly blood work and check up on wednesday

#27 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Did your vag stop itching?  Mine started a couple days ago.  I'm day 11.  Sucks.  I took a diflucan.  Tried hydrocortizone cream.  And tried a special itchy vag cream.  Nothing has helped.  I'm 32 and never had a yeast infx in my life.  I take a probiotic daily.  No discharge.  Maybe it's just from dryness??  Anyone got the remedy?? 

#28 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Use tea tree oil!! It literally stopped the burning and itching for a good half day, if not longer. and yes. my vag did stop itching. haha thank god! I'd say it probably only lasted about a week? but yeah, vag creams/vagisil doesn't even really work well. if theres a trader joe's around you, i'd recommend the tea tree tingle body wash. it's pretty decently priced and it'll tingle in the shower and what not, but it's SUCH a relief. I also tried taking probiotics that I had and those didn't help at all. Best of luck!

Day 20: I can't stop obsessing how bad my skin has gotten. I can see almost every blackhead in every pore of my nose and I couldn't help but to pop a few and now theres like holes left in the ones I popped :X fml. prob wasn't a good idea.... seriously though I have sooo many more cysts on my right cheek than on my left which is weird because before accutane, I'd notice only getting the big ones on my left cheek and popping some of those. which kinda makes sense if i didn't pop many pimples on my right, so now theyre all pushing their ways out. I have popped every ZIT i have gotten because I cannot stand to look at a yellow pus filled pimple yuckkkk i hate them so much!! 

PLEASE tell me if you've had experience with this acne and whether or not popping them is ok for the future... i'd kill myself if i am causing myself to have a bunch of craters and what not because of not being able to handle this awful initial break out. 

Here are what my cheeks look like now. Kill me.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 7.13.15 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 7.13.34 PM.png

#29 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Dy 31: popped new dose of 60mg/day and will see how this goes.. Still getting new pimples. Literally had like a trifecta of pimples. Like three zits all touching into a triangle.... So I had to pop it at the end of the day. It scabbed, I picked the scab, then squeezed a little more pus... Now it's scabbed back and I'm so tempted to do the same, but I'm gonna just sleep on it and hope its on its way by the morning... Feeling ugly and I left my makeup at my place for the weekend by accident. Sooo ill be inside my parents house all weekend. Don't really care to see anyone.

Edited by foxtrotter, 22 March 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#30 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi foxtrotter.  i think your a week ahead of me. My vag did finally stop itching, lol!  It lasted about a week. Not sure why that happens to some of us and not others, maybe it just depends on our pH?? Who knows, just glad it went away.  Don't feel bad, my face is totally broken out right now, too.  Maybe it's good you don't have access to makeup so your face can just breathe.  It doesn't really hide it anyway, just makes us feel better.  Kinda like an ostrich. :)  I actually don't mind the breakouts because I think of it as my skin purging....it has to eventually.  I'd rather just get it over with.

I am single right now, and I thank God!! Every night I run around my apartment with my head drenched in vitamin E and olive oil for dry scalp and emu oil all over my face!! I am a real sight! :)  Someone else was saying that already in week 3 their pimps would rise up and then dry the next day...not for me.  My shit hangs out for a long time.  I guess it's the difference in acne and cystic acne. 

I am taking a rediculous amount of supplements, but really the ones that I notice make a difference are a multi, vit E, and fish oil.  I am religious about biotin also, because I don't wanna lose my hair.  I have great hair, that's about all I got right now! :) Oh and a good calcium, because research shows a considerable drop in serum calcium in the first few weeks of isotretinoin.  Women need to be careful about their calcium anyway.  It's a good habit to be in. 

Take care!!  Hang in there, girl.  In the big scheme of life, it's not such a big deal.  We know that...just easy to get consumed with this crap. 

#31 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hey nomo! I'm sorry you had to go through the dreaded yeast infection! Haha do you really put all those oils on your head? I'm afraid they'd seep down and clog the pores on my face! But yeah I def do get pimples that hang out for a minute! But he fully that'll all change with my higher dosage. I'm not taking any supplements cause I wanna save my liver.. And I'm pretty sure you're not to take any vitamin supplements with vitamin A... And I am NEVER taking biotin again! Three days after taking a tablet a day, I broke out in the worst acne ever and I researched online that it can cause breakouts.. How much calcium do you take? Do you think drinking almond milk daily is enough for me?

#32 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm taking 2000mg Ca twice daily.  Interesting about the biotin, I haven't noticed because I am in that intitial breakout phase....hard to determine the cause.  Maybe I'll stop it and only take it if I start to lose hair. You'll have to look at the box on the almond milk, but I would guess it is enough.  I wouldn't be so concerned, however, I don't eat dairy and only occassionally drink almond milk in a smoothie. 

Do you have insane fatigue sometimes?  Thank goodness it isn't every day, but a couple days of the week I feel exhausted and take a 3 hour nap!

#33 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm taking 2000mg Ca twice daily.  Interesting about the biotin, I haven't noticed because I am in that intitial breakout phase....hard to determine the cause.  Maybe I'll stop it and only take it if I start to lose hair. You'll have to look at the box on the almond milk, but I would guess it is enough.  I wouldn't be so concerned, however, I don't eat dairy and only occassionally drink almond milk in a smoothie. 

Do you have insane fatigue sometimes?  Thank goodness it isn't every day, but a couple days of the week I feel exhausted and take a 3 hour nap!

Haha, I wouldn't say insane fatigue. But before accutane I had bad sleep and insomnia almost (I'd be lucky to get 6 hrs of sleep time). Now I can fall asleep at ease! And sleep a good 9+ hrs. I love it.

Day 4 Month 2: 60- no new improvement. I'be been getting this recurring pimple/zit. In the previous tripod zone of zits... And I'm afraid to say its beginning to scar! Like a hypertrophic scar.... The kind that's left behind after getting stitches or soomething off that sort. God I really hope and pray its not though! I will hate myself for picking. Must see improvements please!! Losing hopeeee

Edited by foxtrotter, 25 March 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#34 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Oh, funny (not...haha,but,intersting funny).  I have said the same the thing= I have always had insomnia, but not anymore.  I used to go to bed at 1, now 10...which I love.  However, somedays, I am just exhausted. It's probably when I don't get a full eight -ten hrs.  I'll have to to pay more attn.

Oh man, I hope it doesn't turn into a hypertrophic scar. Was it an old cyst?  Try to keep it slathered in vit E or emu or some other oil. I hope it goes away! Don't touch it anymore.  I oil my face and hair a lot, but with noncomodegenic oil...emu or jojoba.  It won't clog your pores. Use it, and let accutane do the rest.

#35 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Oh, funny (not...haha,but,intersting funny).  I have said the same the thing= I have always had insomnia, but not anymore.  I used to go to bed at 1, now 10...which I love.  However, somedays, I am just exhausted. It's probably when I don't get a full eight -ten hrs.  I'll have to to pay more attn.

Oh man, I hope it doesn't turn into a hypertrophic scar. Was it an old cyst?  Try to keep it slathered in vit E or emu or some other oil. I hope it goes away! Don't touch it anymore.  I oil my face and hair a lot, but with noncomodegenic oil...emu or jojoba.  It won't clog your pores. Use it, and let accutane do the rest.

I dnt think it was an old cyst.. just a zitty one that popped up during IB and then it formed two others around it.. now like one big mess, I am praying it doesn't. But honestly the pimples on my cheeks kinda look like they could be hypertrophic a little since the skin around the pimple dot is like a smooth raised bump, instead of like my porous skin. If I'm making any sense...

And isn't sleeping more great?!? I personally enjoy it. Oh and the other day when I got like 7 hrs of sleep or like 6 hrs, I had the worst migraine towards the end of the day and it would NOT go away. The only time it would was when I'd be eating something. As soon as I wasn't eating, bam migraine. Finally healed with long nights rest.

Also I've been getting pain in my Achilles heels... Little sore. Prob due to increased dosage..
And I definitely gained weight!! I'm 5 lbs heavier. And my jeans feel tighter! Fmllll haha gotta stop eating all the junk n fast food.

#36 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

I dnt think it was an old cyst.. just a zitty one that popped up during IB and then it formed two others around it.. now like one big mess, I am praying it doesn't. But honestly the pimples on my cheeks kinda look like they could be hypertrophic a little since the skin around the pimple dot is like a smooth raised bump, instead of like my porous skin. If I'm making any sense...

And isn't sleeping more great?!? I personally enjoy it. Oh and the other day when I got like 7 hrs of sleep or like 6 hrs, I had the worst migraine towards the end of the day and it would NOT go away. The only time it would was when I'd be eating something. As soon as I wasn't eating, bam migraine. Finally healed with long nights rest.

Also I've been getting pain in my Achilles heels... Little sore. Prob due to increased dosage..
And I definitely gained weight!! I'm 5 lbs heavier. And my jeans feel tighter! Fmllll haha gotta stop eating all the junk n fast food.

Hey,
I'm having such trouble with my achillies heel as well (have written about it in my log). Is steadily getting worse and starting to struggle. I have a high pain threshold, but when I get up from sitting down, or when getting out of bed it's a really intense pain. It only used to be if sat down for long periods, but now I can sit down for 30 seconds and get up and it will hurt. Once I find a cure ill let you know lol!

#37 electricbetty

electricbetty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Jojoba oil is the best oil, it's nice and light and helps loads with the scarring.

Last night I had a shooting pain down my left arm, it was the worst. Why does taking concentrated vitamin A hurt us so much? My Dad was like, 'why are you walking bent over?' and I said the Roaccutane makes your back and joints hurt, and he asked why and I had no idea why it is. Did any of your dermatologists say why this happens?

#38 Guest_foxtrotter_*

Guest_foxtrotter_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hey,
I'm having such trouble with my achillies heel as well (have written about it in my log). Is steadily getting worse and starting to struggle. I have a high pain threshold, but when I get up from sitting down, or when getting out of bed it's a really intense pain. It only used to be if sat down for long periods, but now I can sit down for 30 seconds and get up and it will hurt. Once I find a cure ill let you know lol!

Oh my. I'm glad I'm not the only one. But it concerns me that yours got steadily worse! I hope it goes away. Just like this awful IB!! And lately I have been getting lower back pains like when I lift something heavy and put it down. Losing so much hope.

#39 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Jojoba oil is the best oil, it's nice and light and helps loads with the scarring.

Last night I had a shooting pain down my left arm, it was the worst. Why does taking concentrated vitamin A hurt us so much? My Dad was like, 'why are you walking bent over?' and I said the Roaccutane makes your back and joints hurt, and he asked why and I had no idea why it is. Did any of your dermatologists say why this happens?

Yes, I read a study that it depletes your calcium significantly in the first few weeks...however, it does return to baseline.

#40 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hey foxtrotter!  Hows it going?  I am almost done with month 1 and see a great change in the last couple days!! YAY!  I also have high triglycerides...:(  i don't want to stop the med.  :(  My doc is going to keep an eye on it for now.  How were your triglycerides?  mine were 71 to 255....yikes. 

I am on a mandatory plant based, low carb diet.  I think I  am starving to death! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users