can vitamin complex cause acne? vitamins vitamin b biotin

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jekester

Jekester

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I take 1 tablet of Vitamin B complex every morning, along with other supplements from what my nutritionist recommended, the Vitamin B complex does include Biotin in it (it says 500mg) so I was just wondering,  does vitamin b complex cause acne and hairloss? I'm 18 and noticed my hair a bit thiner then it usually is, I usually have thick hair and what not.

If vitamin b complex is bad, is it ok to stop it instantly or do you have to go slow off it? thanks.

#2 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

I take 1 tablet of Vitamin B complex every morning, along with other supplements from what my nutritionist recommended, the Vitamin B complex does include Biotin in it (it says 500mg) so I was just wondering,  does vitamin b complex cause acne and hairloss? I'm 18 and noticed my hair a bit thiner then it usually is, I usually have thick hair and what not.

If vitamin b complex is bad, is it ok to stop it instantly or do you have to go slow off it? thanks.

Actually B5 can cause hair growth so I would go see a doctor, maybe have your vitamin levels checked. Too much B12 can cause acne!

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

A b-complex with C & zinc was the first thing I ever noticed improving my skin.

You aren't taking a mega dose are you?
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy, health, and expanding and manipulating my mind to have it be what I want. I want everyone else to be warmed by the sun light that reveals the world of corruption we live in! We will heal and be lovely again!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

B vitamins excessively, especially in supplement form are a no go! I would OD my multivitamin, taking 3 at once cause I was all like, better more than less....such a  bad idea!eusa_wall.gif

#5 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

The most balanced B complex I found on the market was solgar's stress formula b complex with vitamin C, and even that gave me small whiteheads in areas where I don't normally break out (only from supplements that bother me). Usually b complex formulas, even the raw food kind, have too much B12 and B6, while the other Bs are at a much lower %. Who needs 4000% of B12 daily, unless they have a serious condition? I'm anemic and even I don't need that much in a day.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#6 Sunsetismellow

Sunsetismellow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Yes!! It does i took b12 Beacuse its suppouse to help with nervous system or something ( i took advice from my mom ) since she said it wuld help. And bam! Got the worst acne of my life right now:/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users