52 replies to this topic

#41 crashoran

crashoran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yeah man number 2. Do you know we have cell phones now too? Cmon man where have you been living? Haven't you ever heard of people surviving cancer?  Have you ever been to a church or even touched a bible? The law of attraction ?? Thats the trendy one of the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure any mainstream magazine will even have some kind of self-help way to get through something maybe even talking about the law of attraction. Every since yoga was exploited people have been learning there are medical alternatives and miracles. I'm just the only person I know that know that has applied something that coincides with law of attraction in the most detailing way possible because I spent 10000 hours searching and suffering for it. But what do i know I just care about people and want to help because no one could help me.  I hate seeing people slit their wrists over something  that is an easy fix not too mention a life changing fix . I would also be a selfish person if I didn't at least try to help someone whether its talking them through it or just telling them their house is in fire. Right now  you're house is basically on fire and I'm telling you need to leave and you're kind of like "what's fire? I have acne I can't leave."

You probably just stopped stressing over acne and your body began to produce less cortisol. Stop making ridiculous claims.

#42 COSMICROCK

COSMICROCK

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

What about scientific evidence?

Um...On my face? lol. This is like lifting weights or learning how to swim. Its the time and experience that is proof . And we are talking about getting over the fear of acne here. Not positive thinking.

Positive thinking is usually negative:

" Well I'm really ugly but I will deal with it". <------Wrong! 

That is not what I'm promoting.  I'm not even making a claim my friend or trying to sell something In fact this stuff has been written over and over. I shouldn't have to tell you about books like "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne if you haven't  heard of it I suggest looking into it. I'm just giving you free advice because no one had it when I needed it and I lost a lot of time because of it.  I didn't have another year to give to this shit, maybe you do/want to, but I didn't.

I would have blown my head off.   The end result is getting over the fear of acne. Thats why its there. You cannot be afraid of it and have it out of your life at the same time. lol. Its just impossible. And thats how it works for anything in life.  Like learning how to swim, you're not going to learn by being scared shitless on the sand. " I'll learn to swim as soon as I get over the fear of water". You gotta jump in. but if you don't like it and it still freaks you out, you just get out the water  and repeat until you are not afraid.. You can always go back to what you were doing (the 60000 IUs of Vitamin A). But personally finding some miracle drug/regimen just never worked for me, and I as I can see in every post, for anyone else either. Just like lifting weights theres no miracle drug with no side effects that is affordable and safe.  Plus if there was, I would never have control over the situation. Or better yet, learned not to not let it  control me . If it didn't ruin a part of your life then be thankful!

#43 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

I take those amounts of vitamin A because I suffer from very oily skin. No amount of "positive thinking" is going to stop my sebum production.

Could you please stop hijacking my thread now?

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 15 September 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#44 Razz777

Razz777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

FredTheBelgian,  What type / brand of Viatmin A do you take? 

Thanks.

#45 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm using Now Foods 25000 IU Vitamin from fish oil. I've been taking high doses (50000 IU then 25000 IU) for about a year.

#46 jjj333kkk2

jjj333kkk2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

This is dangerous business. You are risking significant side effects in the long-term by shocking your body with such long-term high doses. If you are willing to do this then you should just take isotretinoin. I imagine it will give you better results with less risk.

#47 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

This is dangerous business. You are risking significant side effects in the long-term by shocking your body with such long-term high doses. If you are willing to do this then you should just take isotretinoin. I imagine it will give you better results with less risk.

I couldn't agree more, assuming you can find a derm willing to prescribe it. At least then you'd have someone to turn to for questions and to monitor your bloodwork results.

But I doubt you'd get many derms to prescribe accutane for oily skin. Mine sure won't LOL

Edited by CBIOT13, 13 October 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#48 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Yeah of course, instead of taking vitamin A, that at least is natural (even though toxic in very very high doses I admit), take a chemical medicine that has a countless list of potential harmful side-effects at the prescribed dose! Sometimes the logic of people on the internet amazes me. And if no doctor is even going to prescribe this poison for oily skin only? Then what am I supposed to do? Nothing and accept my fate as a greaseball? No thank you.

Almost two years on the vitamin A (25000 IU), still nothing to report regarding side-effects.

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 02 June 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#49 CaliDrummer

CaliDrummer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

braggs apple cider vinegar works for me

#50 stilltrying1

stilltrying1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Yeah of course, instead of taking vitamin A, that at least is natural (even though toxic in very very high doses I admit), take a chemical medicine that has a countless list of potential harmful side-effects at the prescribed dose! Sometimes the logic of people on the internet amazes me. And if no doctor is even going to prescribe this poison for oily skin only? Then what am I supposed to do? Nothing and accept my fate as a greaseball? No thank you.

Almost two years on the vitamin A (25000 IU), still nothing to report regarding side-effects.

is your oily skin still under control after all this time? any other changes in your supplimentation? 

#51 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

Still under control yes, and still the same supplemenation than in my signature :).

#52 timeandspace

timeandspace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I would love to know what kind of fish oil you use. I've heard that fermented cod liver oil is really good for acne but it's flipping expensive ($60-80 for 5 weeks supply)

I use oil for my oily skin....jojoba

#53 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

This one:

51J%2BQQImlvL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 05 June 2014 - 06:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users