vitamin b vitamin b5 vitamin a zinc oily skin

52 replies to this topic

#1 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

So this is what worked for me in a few months for controlling my oily skin, I'll keep it simple:

30 mg L-Optizinc, 500 mg of vitamin B5 and 25000 IU of vitamin A.

It took about 3 months to work full force, don't expect an overnight change or even changes in weeks. Also, try to do regular blood-checks for the vitamin A. I know it's dangerous, but I think it's worth it when you have an horribly oily skin like me. Everyday life is way better now that I have an oil production like other normal people. No more shiny greasy looking face, no more blotting like a weirdo in front of everybody.

Good luck to everyone.

Update: after 9 months on that regimen, I decided to drop one pill of each once a day. Also, if it doesn't work full-force for you, you can still add Milk of Magnesia to your regimen. I tried it and it can really make your skin look mate for an entire day.

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 11 February 2014 - 10:20 PM.

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

#2 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Oily skin.

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Do you think the vitamin A is doing most of the work, or are the others playing a big part as well? Are you getting Accutane-like side effects from the vitamin A?

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day

• Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day

• Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

#3 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

No side-effects at all in fact. Yes I think the Vitamin A is doing at least 70% of the work :).

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

#4 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Fred, have you gotten any bloodwork done? If yes, did it show anything? I'm glad it works for you, that just seems like an awful lot of Vitamin A lol

People never cease to amaze me. Some with their brilliance, others with their ignorance. eusa_think.gif

Here's A Few Acne.org Threads Of Mine You May Find Useful/Interesting (updated 7/25/13)

-- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/324606-flakydryoily-skin-try-this/

-- How to Ice Inflammed or Picked at Cysts http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327532-acne-redness-removal-trick/

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329385-ways-to-use-milk-of-magnesia-for-oily-skin/

Other Threads Worth Looking At

-- Oily Skin Research Thread: This shows some of our previous efforts and explains the mechanisms behind oily skin.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/326345-oily-skin-research/

-- My failed but enlightening experiment going the "less is more" route, aka "The Caveman Routine"

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327898-a-minimalist-approach-for-oily-skin/

#5 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Awful lot? it's an OK amount I think, just OK to control oily skin without side-effects. Nothing else than vitamin A will ease your oiliness. Plus it is damn cheap.

The problem is the scaremongers on this forum. They always tell It's safe to take accutane but not vitamin A. Why? if you're under the supervision of a doctor while doing it, I think it's very safe. My doctor told me to be careful but he's already done bloodworks on me after a year taking awful lots of Vitamin A. Everything always came back normal.

The thing is, for me :

No vitamin A = awful oily greasy disgusting skin

30000 to 50000 IU of vitamin A a day = normal skin, even beautiful skin

So, I guess I need it, kind of :).

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 24 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#6 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

So this is what worked for me in a few months for controlling my oily skin, I'll keep it simple:

30 mg L-Optizinc, 500 mg of vitamin B5, 500 mg L-Carnitine and 25000 IU of vitamin A. Each one of them twice a day, morning and before bed.

It took about 3 months to work full force, don't expect an overnight change or even changes in weeks. Also, try to do regular blood-checks for the vitamin A. I know it's dangerous, but I think it's worth it when you have an horribly oily skin like me. Everyday life is way better now that I have an oil production like other normal people. No more shiny greasy looking face, no more blotting like a weirdo in front of everybody.

Good luck to everyone smile.png.

Nice, wish this could be accomplished without the Vitamin A though. Why the L-Optizinc? Never heard of that one....

I would be a little worried that Vitamin A would irritate my eyes. I currently deal with dry eyes from having had LASIK surgery last Nov.

Also, isn't Vitamin A considered an anti-testosterone or something? Have you noticed any sexual side effects while mass dosing on Vitamin A?

Edited by John457, 24 February 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Current Skincare Regimen

MORNING

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Murad Acne Treatment Concealer (Light) 

NIGHT

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

OTHER

Monthly Chemical Peels (Salicylic and Glycolic Based)

Current Supplements: Zinc, Vitamin D3.

Past Efforts: Topical Treatments (BP, Evoclin, Differin, Duac, Ziana, Epiduo, etc.); Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn); Other Treatments (IsoLaz, Chemical Peels, Supplementation, Elimination Diets, etc.)

#7 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I had PRK in 2011 and was taking high doses vitamin A before and after it, my eyes were fine :). No vitamin A doesn't effect libido, everything is fine down there. L-Optizinc is just zinc with methionine and copper added.

#8 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hey Fred, have you experimented with different dosages for the Vitamin A? I'm not suggesting you change, as it's working for you, but did you use other dosages before doing 50,000IU a day?

I'm wondering if you would get the same effects with a lower dosage. It would not only make it safer, but would also more appealing for others to try so we could get some more results with this.

Thanks.

EDIT: I've been looking into this, and the mechanisms in the body by which Accutane works have been described as " chemically similar to an intentional Vitamin A overdose." Apparently Accutane and Vitamin A are closely related, only Accutane is about 100 times more potent than Vitamin A. This likely explains why you are seeing the good results, as a megadose of Vitamin A is likely the equivalent of a very low dose of Accutane. Just found this interesting.

Edited by CBIOT13, 01 March 2013 - 09:20 PM.

People never cease to amaze me. Some with their brilliance, others with their ignorance. eusa_think.gif

Here's A Few Acne.org Threads Of Mine You May Find Useful/Interesting (updated 7/25/13)

-- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/324606-flakydryoily-skin-try-this/

-- How to Ice Inflammed or Picked at Cysts http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327532-acne-redness-removal-trick/

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/329385-ways-to-use-milk-of-magnesia-for-oily-skin/

Other Threads Worth Looking At

-- Oily Skin Research Thread: This shows some of our previous efforts and explains the mechanisms behind oily skin.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/326345-oily-skin-research/

-- My failed but enlightening experiment going the "less is more" route, aka "The Caveman Routine"

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/327898-a-minimalist-approach-for-oily-skin/

#9 Drth

Drth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I want to know if a plateau effect happened to you and you had to up the dosage, and if it happened, how much time after beginning to take vitamin A?

#10 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean neutral.gif .

#11 Drth

Drth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Plateau effect occurs when a formerly effective measure ceases to cause further change.

I'm guessing it didn't happen then, ha. 

#12 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

No, still going well, even after 8 hours, my forehead isn't oily now, it's a big change for me :).

#13 Drth

Drth

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I have another question, did you have "blackheads" on your nose (sebaceous filaments, those that look like uniform blackheads covering all pores on the nose/sometimes chin and forehead, but that disappear when you look from a little distance unlike true blackheads and fill back a day after you first extract them)? If so, did they disappear/stop forming after vitamin A had its effect on your oily skin?

#14 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

The blackheads disappeared after taking vitamin B5. I was not taking any vitamin A at that time.

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 25 August 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#15 mikito

mikito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Fredbelgian, your testimony is very important for me. I am 43 years, female, and still suffering from cystic acne. I would like to ask you when you say your state is 100% clear, do you mean you don't have clogged pores, because I don't have pustules but I have little hard sebum under my skin, that break my skin, and I cant avoid picking, and  start bleeding. do you know what I mean?

The question is at the time you were taking b5 +lcarnitine, do those hard sebum in your skin disapear?

#16 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yes they did disappear, but it took about a month. Oh yes I know what you mean, try not to pick, well not too much. Sadly, the b5 & carnitine were not enough to take care of my skin oiliness. Good luck on your road to clear skin smile.png.

Edited by FredTheBelgian, 11 March 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#17 cameroncherry12

cameroncherry12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

I actually read in one of the natural remedy books to take Vitamin A at 25000 IU until acne was fixed and then reduce to 5000 throughout.

#18 FredTheBelgian

FredTheBelgian

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I could be a good idea indeed, see if it works for you, I'm keeping the 50000 IU as I'm very afraid of oiliness returning.

#19 crashoran

crashoran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Going to start trying this. I'm currently doing 60mg optizinc, 2g B5, 1g cysteine.

The zinc has completely cleared my back, but still struggling with my face here.

Edited by crashoran, 14 March 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#20 mikito

mikito

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Thank you FredBelgian, I,ll try B5 + l-carnitine, but I am afraid of taking higher doses of vitamine A. Actually I am experimenting just with 32 mg of zinc gluconate.

But it's a mess, some people has reported to have success with zinc + chromium, others with vitamine D3, others with B5 + L-carnitine, and you vitamine A, I want to try all of them, but separately in order to know what work and what doesn't work. I will keep updating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users