Photo

How To Use Regimen

how to regimen jojoba oil aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 kreational

kreational

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have the 3 step regimen on it's way and have done a lot of research about it. Because numerous people have stated that they get excessively dry skin and that jojoba oil was really helpful I went on ebay and bought this. http://www.ebay.com....#ht_3048wt_1401 Can you please tell me if that would be a good substitute because if it isn't the next time I order the regimen I will purchase dan's jojobal oil bottle. Also, how should I use jojoba oil? Add a couple of drops ( how many ) directly on the moisturizer and mix it then apply it?

I also have a lot of scar and hyper pigmentations. How can I remove these scars and marks left over and even my skin tone? Is this what the AHA is for? If not, what is the AHA for? Any product recommendations and how to use it to remove scars and even out skin tone?

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

I've not used any other jojoba oil apart from dan's but you apply it exactly as you describe, by adding a few drops to the moisturiser.

As for scars and hyper pigmentation, I would suggest just concentrate first on getting your skin adjusted to the regimen and getting clear.  You will find that over time the HP will start to fade and as you will not be breaking out any longer (if the regimen is successful for you) then you wont be getting any new PH marking.

Goodluck! smile.png

#3 kreational

kreational

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I've not used any other jojoba oil apart from dan's but you apply it exactly as you describe, but adding a few drops to the moisturiser.

As for scars and hyper pigmentation, I would suggest just concentrate first on getting your skin adjusted to the regimen and getting clear.  YOu will find that over time the HP will start to fade and as you will not be breaking out any longer (if the regimen is successful for you) then you wont be getting any new PH marking.

Goodluck! smile.png

Thank you for the advice ayeaye!

I will try the regimen first and worry about scars later :)

Could you please tell me what AHA does though? I know it is provided in some kits but not in mine so I was wondering if I may be missing a critical step.

#4 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

In my opinion AHA is an important part of the regimen but you shouldn't use it until at least 4 weeks after starting to use BP.  I always suggest starting to use AHA only after your skin has adjusted well to BP and has started to already clear.  This is because at first AHA is quite irritating to the skin and if your skin is already irritated by the BP then you will just end up with a red, itchy and sore face.

AHA acts as a chemical exfoliator, helping to hydrate your skin and I also found that it helped a lot with texture.  Many people find it helps with pigmentation too, but personally I found that time itself was the best healer of PH problems.  BUT AHA certainly made my skin glow and reduced the appearance of wrinkles.  Not that I have any wrinkles of course.....No ;)

#5 kreational

kreational

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I have another question!

Does it matter when I apply the BP? By this I mean in the morning I am in a rush to go to school so after I cleanse my face and pat dry it can I apply the BP straight away? Give that 10 minutes and then apply moisturizer+jojoba oil? I feel after I pat dry it my face is dry enough to apply BP or must I wait that 15mins for it to get perfectly dry?

#6 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I have never waited 15 mins personally but I have naturally dry skin.   I always recommend following the regimen instructions exactly for best results, but I think 5 mins is long enough to wait after cleansing.  Another trick you could use is to use a fan on your face to dry it off completely.  After patting dry your skin may feel like its dried off, but the BP is absorbed much better if your skin is "parched' dry.

#7 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

AHA is also great as an on-the-spot treatment. Better than anything i've tried before. If you catch it early enough (this is the key), it will clear it up before it gets a chance to develop into a proper spot. Amazing stuff. 

Simply dab a very small amount on to the spot that you can feel is forming. Do about 2 or 3 times a day (about 6 hours apart). No more than that otherwise it will dry your skin up too much, damage your skin and make the spot more noticeable.

Edited by tricky, 19 February 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#8 kreational

kreational

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Does anyone know if I can apply BP to my T zone area and eyebrow area? What I'm worried about is it bleaching my eye brows and hair. I have pimples that grow JUST above my eyebrows and some in between my eyebrows and above my nose. So my question is if 2.5% BP is strong enough to do some noticeable bleaching? Please reply

#9 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Yes, it bleaches eyebrows. I have very dark hair and brows and it bleached them within a couple of weeks.  I'm the same as you, get pimples just above (and sometimes in) my brows so applying BP to that area was essential to getting clear.  I continue to apply BP but I now dye my eyebrows every couple of weeks.

#10 kreational

kreational

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

I am a guy! Dying my eyebrows is absurb! ahahaha.... Thinking about it makes me laugh >< Moreover, is there something I can do or is the only way to not apply it near my brows cause it is literally sitting right above my left brow -_-

edit: what color does it dye it to? if its not as noticeable i might apply it there

Edited by kreational, 26 February 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#11 kreational

kreational

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Hey ayeaye mod,

I just received the regimen and I have started to use it. However, it's been almost 2 hours after I appled regimen and my face still STINGS and BURNS quite badly. I was wondering if this is a normal reaction? I will only be applying it once a day until the second week. I feel like scratching it but I don't dare touch it...

Also, my first reaction about the cleanser was it was a bit weak. I didn't feel like it did much. I was thinking if I would be able to swap it out for my cetaphil one after this one runs out. Is that ok or is it better to stick with the products? THIS BURNING REALLY SUCKS :(

#12 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Hmm...yes you have a point about dying your eyebrows if you're a guy.  I have very dark hair and it dyed mine a gingery brown.  But if you have light brown or fair eyebrows it probably wouldnt make much of a difference.

As far as the burning goes, yes that is completely normal and I'm afraid it just gets worse in the first few weeks.  I sometimes had to take panadol just to be able to sleep at night because of the burning/itching.  But it started coming good after 3 weeks as my skin adjusted to the BP.

Just make sure you're following the regimen instructions exactly and don't use too much BP at first.  Just a small amount once per day in the first week and slowly building up.  As far as products go, in the first 4 weeks I switched from Acne.org products to cetaphil because i just didn't find the acne.org products to be moisturising enough.  But once my face was used to the bp I switched back to the regimen products and thats when I really experienced a big improvement and really started to get clear quickly.

So basically, I don't think it really matters if you use Dan's products or cetaphil, so long as you're consistent with following the regimen instructions exactly and that you slowly build up the the full amount of BP, you have a great chance of becoming clear.

Good luck!