3 replies to this topic

#1 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

So I was wondering if grains are the primary cause of someone's acne, would hummus have a significant effect as well? The hummus is made of chickpeas, garlic, sesame seeds and olive oil. I have been eating about one serving of it.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

It doesn't contain any grains, but does contain other seeds which are harder to digest than say, a banana. Do you have digestion issues? Do you have problems with grains? If so, you may want to avoid all seeds for a few months while consuming healing foods.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#3 Ind1g0

Ind1g0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Some people also may have problems with legumes and things like chickpeas and lentils. Try it out- you'll probably notice if you're sensitive to it pretty soon after. Other than that, hummus is a very healthy treat

#4 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

hard to know for me what causes acne tbh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users