Cleansers

oily skin

4 replies to this topic

#1 akashwin

akashwin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I am a social counselor, helping uneducated and educated people on healthy lifestyle. I love this precious life enjoying with peace of mind. enjoy the outdoors, laughing, traveling going to cultural events, and socializing with quality people. Its just better living and sharing life with someone else

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Dermatologists agree that the most effective way to manage oily skin is to cleanse your face both morning and night. "Always use a gentle cleanser since harsh soaps can trigger the skin to increase oil production," April Armstrong, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at the University of California, Davis, says. Also, beware of the buff. A washcloth or buff puff can actually stimulate more oil secretion.

If a basic facial cleanser doesn’t cut oiliness, try a product that includes an acid such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid.  "Many products containing these acids are marketed as acne facial care products. They’re great for people with acne, but they’re also fine for people whose problem is just oily skin," Armstrong says.  "Since some of these ingredients can be irritating, buy a small size to see how your skin responds. People often have to try several products before they find the one that works best for them." Wash with warm water, not hot, because temperature extremes can irritate skin.

#2 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Edited by CBIOT13, 11 March 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#3 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Oily skin.

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

You don't have oily skin, do you?

#4 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

HAHAHA I saw this earlier, put up an absolute rant about what crap this post is, then actually had the sense to delete it lol. It's straight up copy and paste from an internet article too.

#5 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Oily skin.

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

I just didn't understand why he even posted this. It almost looks like spam. He clearly has no experience with oily skin himself, so what's the point of posting that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users