oily skin

3 replies to this topic

#1 GJ777

GJ777

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hi.  I'm using Differin .3 gel for my acne.  I have very oily skin, but it is sensitive, it seems.  When I use cleansers with sulfates (ammonium or sodium), I tend to get white, dandruff-like flakes on my face. 

Can anyone recommend any cleansers that are sulfate free that are good for someone with oily skin?

Thanks.

#2 Semmer

Semmer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi.  I'm using Differin .3 gel for my acne.  I have very oily skin, but it is sensitive, it seems.  When I use cleansers with sulfates (ammonium or sodium), I tend to get white, dandruff-like flakes on my face. 

Can anyone recommend any cleansers that are sulfate free that are good for someone with oily skin?

Thanks.

Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap. I use the lavender kind, It's been a god-send. Cleans well, but don't over-do it. I have super oily skin, and it takes time for your skin to normalize, but ultimately, even with my super oily skin, I've comfortably been able to make my routine: no washing in the morning, just water from the shower and towel dry (leaves a tiny "film" or "barrier" for your skin to naturally fight off bacteria), then at night I wash my makeup and grime off with castile soap. I have sensitive skin, so i have to use a mild chemical exfoliant -- toner of raw Bragg's ACV. After this, i use a cotton ball and jojoba oil ONLY on my t-zone, and let it sit. Then i brush my teeth, and then wipe off excess jojoba oil (i use Zum Face toner for this, but you can just use water :) :)

Good luck!

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

i love hylunia cleansers. their entire product line is free of sulfates, parabens, phosphates, fragrance etc. most of their cleansers are around $27-29 but they are well worth it and a bottle lasts a very long time. the product is concentrated and you lathers very quickly so you dont need much of it.

http://www.hylunia.com

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Water. Or oil cleanse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users