Photo

What Acne Treatment System Is Right For Me?

acne treatment verticalpharmacy adult acne treatment mild acne black heads

2 replies to this topic

#1 Stalina Dsouza

Stalina Dsouza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm confused with all of the info-mercials and what acne treatment system will treat my skin. I have mild acne and normal-to-dry skin. I wash my face twice a day daily but that doesn't seem to get rid of the few zits/black heads. Help me!

#2 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Go to a derm and look into dietary modifications

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Avoid soap and try oil cleansing. especially Since you have dry skin. Use a quality, dark bottled, properly stored high linoleic acid containing oil like safflower.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users