Good evening! As I am very new to posting on this website, I would like to keep a follow up of my journey with the Differin Cream 0.1%.
I have been struggling with acne for not as long as many others, but it's still an issue I'd like to confront.
I've been dealing with "bad" acne for about 8 months. (I've had acne before that, but it wasn't much of anything compared to now).
My biggest problem area of acne is on my forehead.
I'm a junior in high school, and the stress has been adding up since day 1 of school. It really does suck when acne just decides to come at what seems to be the most stressful times of your life so far (stress is a known acne causer, so no surprise there haha).
Right now, it's probably the worst it's been in a few months. After researching and thinking, I decided I needed to do something about it. Thus, I started Differin yesterday.
Throughout my acne life so far, I have used (including Differin of course):
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, 0.5% Salicylic Acid*
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser*
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub, 2% Salycylic Acid
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (this still is awesome)
- Acne Masque with 10% Sulfur
- Clindamycin Phosphate Topical gel 1%
- Retin-A Gel 0.025% (not using)
- Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 50*
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream*
- Coppertone ultraguard suncren lotion SPF 70+
- Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 70
- Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 35
As far as home remedies, I have used so many. From honey, oats, yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, etc.
Hair products (just because people say that hair products can be a causing factor of acne):
- Matrix Biolage Full Lift Volumizing Shampoo*
- Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality Conditioner*
- Head & Shoulders itchy scalp care 2 in 1 with eucalyptus*
- Matrix Biolage Smoothing Shine Milk Spray*
- Pureology Anti-Fade Complex Color Max UV Defense Spray*
- bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment (This broke me out SO much worse than I already was. It made me so frustrated and upset, it was awful. If you'd like to hear more about it, let me know.)
* = using currently
If you have any questions about any of these products that I've used (or any questions at all), I am more than happy to let you know my experience/input.
Edited by mysecretinsecurity, 13 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.