Why Do We Get Body Acne?

body acne

4 replies to this topic

#1 sherinfernando

sherinfernando

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Basically I love life and I love living life. I enjoy the outdoors, traveling, restaurants, laughing, going to cultural events, and socializing with quality people. Its just better living and sharing life with someone else

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

When I was on the Waikiki beach a few months ago, I saw this guy hanging out with his friends on the shore. While every other guy was wearing boardies (thankfully not tiny speedos), this one guy in particular was wearing a t-shirt as well. And not a sun smart I’m-protecting-myself-from-UV kind of t-shirt, it was just an ordinary t-shirt. And I could see his acne creeping up from underneath the back of his shirt and up his neck.

Back acne, or ‘bacne’, can be just as embarrassing, if not MORE embarrassing than facial acne if it’s severe enough. Some people, (and it’s usually men) can even feel the need to cover it up all the time, just like this guy did in Waikiki. Why do we get body acne?

#2 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

Who knows. I am one of them who has body acne, and I feel it is just as much if not more embarrassing then facial acne. No one understands my plight

#3 txngrl

txngrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Who knows. I am one of them who has body acne, and I feel it is just as much if not more embarrassing then facial acne. No one understands my plight

I understand your plight... I know it can be more embarrassing than facial acne b/c it doesn't seem as common.  I have yet to see another 13-18 yr old male with the same cystic issues on the back of their neck/shoulders/back as my son has.  And believe me, I look for it everywhere I go... doesn't seem to be plaguing others like it plagues my son.  And it keeps happening... and he keeps getting scars... and new cysts keep forming... it's extremely stressful and frustrating.  I wish I knew what was causing it.

btw, aren't you on Accutane now?  Hopefully that will help you.

#4 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

They cover it up, so that people do not say that they are ugly.

#5 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

body acne sucks so bad. It feels devastating. Like a disease rotting your skin away.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users