needling tca makeup

5 replies to this topic

#1 lfc 1304

lfc 1304

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Can someone who has done a tca peel on themselves please answer my question.

The bridge of my nose is riddled with scarred pores but the redness of them really makes them stand out so i am looking into buying a TCA peel kit from here : http://www.mandyswak.../tca-skin-peels

the peel only contains 30ml however and i believe i will need the TCA undiluted to have any effect , will this mean i only get 1 peel out of the bottle or does the texture of the peel mean a tiny blob spreads out over the area you desire to apply it  too ?

Hope that makes sense and any help appreciated! I know the site says the kit will last enough for several treatments but like most on here I do not trust any website when it comes to any acne related product.

P.S please do not just reply to say i should be careful using these products as i have done home needling/ dermastamp before and know what I am doing . 

Edited by lfc 1304, 13 February 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#2 Acnepolis

Acnepolis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hey!

I have no idea how many tca peels you'll get from one bottle.. but several I'm sure even if you treat the whole face.

By no means don't use 50% tca peel undiluted unless you are treating invidual tiny scars which they call the tca cross method. When treating larger areas 30% is in my opinion the strongest you can go with and for beginner that's still too high.

If you get the 50% tca peel dilute it with water so its half water half tca which gives you a 25 % solution. If you dont get enough frosting from applying one layer of that just wait a few minutes and add another layer.

edit: oh and when treating your nose (or any area) add the peel very carefully. The peel is like water and and if you add too much it will drip and the peel depth will be uneven.. (I'm bad at explaining in english, sorry :<) for example the "crack" where the nose meets face gathers easily a lot of peel and can result in a nasty burn there.

Edited by Acnepolis, 14 February 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#3 lfc 1304

lfc 1304

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

Thank you so much for the reply and don't worry your English seems very good!

Regarding the peel and it being like water can you tell me how to apply it? Looking at the website i presumed it was with a cotton bud to the affected area ( in my case the nose)

#4 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

i'd like to try a 25% tca peel ...do you have to stay in for a week? can u go out ...how bad is it ? where should i order ? thanks!

#5 Natalie5511

Natalie5511

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

12.5 is strong enough! not only that you can " layer " it to bulk up the strength you will find its also a lot cheaper to buy.... if ur doing ur whole face it wont last long but if you do it in sections on only the bits that need attention it can last a long time

#6 a.p.

a.p.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I like the chemical peels MUAC(makeup artist choice) has to offer. I buy the jessner peel and it helps with acne, large pores, boxcar acne scars and fine lines.

Personally I would start out with something less harsh than TCA like lactic acid, madelic acid or jessners peel.

I only buy the sample sizes and its plenty if solution. You can do about 4 treatments if done correctly with the sample size.

Edited by a.p., 16 February 2013 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users