Photo

Tired Of Looking Like A Monster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Monster

Miss Monster

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Im about to turn 32 and I'm sick & tired of looking like a monster! I've had acne since I was 12. I have it all, blackheads, huge pimples, cystic acne, scars galore, AND now I'm getting wrinkles!!! :'( I hate the way people look at me, with pity, horror, or they can't look at me at all. Little kids are scared of me & I hear them asking what's wrong with my face. My own kids (1 boy 3 girls) ask me if they're going to look like me. I would give anything to have clear skin. Im not seeking beauty or perfection, I just want to be normal. :(

#2 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

see if accutane is an option. If not you can try the regimen.

#3 mjg1980

mjg1980

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Miss M, have you ever been to a derm ?? I'm 32 as well , and I KNOW it's tough. Unfortunately I do not have insurance right now ...which makes it even tougher, cause they do have many different options . When I did have insurance my doc had me on a concoction of stuff including doxycycline . It worked a little bit .. My face and back were improving, but not improving like the doctor wanted them to . He said " I have very stubborn acne" . I know your pain, I wish I had answers. I still have not purchased the regimen cause I'm very weary about it . I did some lookin around at success stories and they all seem to be teen acne . Adult acne is much different : (

#4 Miss Monster

Miss Monster

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions.  :)  Unfortunately there is only one Dermatologist close to me and they wont see me because they don't have a contract with my insurance company.  I told them I would pay cash but they said there are new laws requiring them to bill my insurance before they bill me and they don't work with my insurance company.  :(  I haven't talked to my regular doctor about it, didn't realize there was anything they could do and they never brought it up even though I obviously could use some help in that area.  Maybe they didn't want to be rude.  :)  Anyhow, I started the Regimen about a week ago and have had great results though I'm not yet clear.  I have a lot of scarring too, not discoloration as much as deep icepick and boxcar scars.  Any ideas on what I can do about that?  I have a very limited budget for these sorts of things because I have 4 children and just cant justify spending hundreds of dollars on my appearance. :)

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Miss M, have you ever been to a derm ?? I'm 32 as well , and I KNOW it's tough. Unfortunately I do not have insurance right now ...which makes it even tougher, cause they do have many different options . When I did have insurance my doc had me on a concoction of stuff including doxycycline . It worked a little bit .. My face and back were improving, but not improving like the doctor wanted them to . He said " I have very stubborn acne" . I know your pain, I wish I had answers. I still have not purchased the regimen cause I'm very weary about it . I did some lookin around at success stories and they all seem to be teen acne . Adult acne is much different : (

Are you on any form of birth control pills or implants? Some help acne, but MANY actually make acne worse. 

#6 Miss Monster

Miss Monster

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

No, I'm not on any sort of birth control or anything like that.  :)  The Regimen was working wonderfully for a couple of weeks but now I'm experiencing a breakout on my chin.  :(  Luckily they're just little pimples and not the horrible cystic acne I was getting but I'm still concerned that my skin is getting use to the Regimen and it wont work much longer.

#7 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

No, I'm not on any sort of birth control or anything like that.  smile.png  The Regimen was working wonderfully for a couple of weeks but now I'm experiencing a breakout on my chin.  sad.png  Luckily they're just little pimples and not the horrible cystic acne I was getting but I'm still concerned that my skin is getting use to the Regimen and it wont work much longer.

If you get on a good birth control (one that helps acne, such as Yaz, Belara, or Dianette), you will probably have more success. Many women never clear their skin until they use hormonal treatment.

#8 bumpee

bumpee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I thought I wrote your post, it sounds so much like me ! I came on here today because a man on the street called me a monster..Another little girl who is about three also says:You are a scary monster ! I have three girls and my oldest is starting to get acne too. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday but Im scared he is going to cruel to me.