Photo

Severe Breakout, Would Love Advice With Pic - Infected?

oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 Sarsar123

Sarsar123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

No have no access to anything like shots, I think the cysts will go down on their own they usually do in the end, although thru come back! I've kinda given up working on reducing scarring, it's so pointless as my acne just ruins any healing. Tonight I sat looking at my scars and red face and just can't understand how it's got so bad all these years later

#22 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

awe that's too bad the cortisone really helps get rid of those suckers. i know how you feel i was finally on a nice clear path and then my cystic acne came back in november and has been full force since. my derm had me on a few different antibiotics but nothing was working (i probably became resistant after being on them for so long) so they gave me spiro to try and then i will start accutane soon. 5 weeks after going off antibiotics i asked for another one to try and am currently on keflex and it seems to be helping thank goodness! its so upsetting to have this cystic acne and i know for me being 35 it makes it so much worse with having to go to work everyday and things like that. i have faith though that the spiro and the antibiotics will work for you. the duac should help as well so just stay positive that in a few weeks things will get better wink.png

Edited by tracy521, 15 February 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#23 Sarsar123

Sarsar123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

It's very frustrating in your 30s to still be battling this :(

Today everything is looking dry and crusty but overall better, much much less inflamed and nothing new has formed for at least 2 days now. The big cluster of cysts are flat ( scabby) and there are just 2 other deep cysts still up but they don't seem to be changing in size or look likely to pop as so deep. But still getting cystic lumps in my back, even tho I have used duac there too. I'm gonna give flucloxacillin a while to keep working I think I'm too scared to come off already!

I realise I need to sort my diet out but it's a bad cycle. I'm very down and low mood so I treat myself to cheer myself up but maybe make it worse. All over the years my diet seems to make no real difference to my skin, which is what are me think its gotta be hormonal!

#24 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

hey sarsar, how bad are the cystic lumps on your back?

Also, how long have you been taking antibiotics? Dont you think that the antibiotics could be the reason your acne is getting worse?

#25 Sarsar123

Sarsar123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

Less than a week this time fir antibiotic But my history is a few years before I finally got out on accutane in 2007, and I've had 2 long lots of metronidazole due to an infection and surgery. This has caused me IBS. Then I've had tonsilitus recently so ended up on more. I don't want to be on them but have to admit the change is already drastic (will do a pic) so perhaps I've had a bacteria that's made it quite this bad. I'm planning on doing 2 weeks of the fluclox and asking to get differin cream along with bP cream. i start spiro on Wednesday too. I don't want to be reliant on antibiotics or risk more gut issues. But no I don't think it's what made it worse this time around.

The cysts on my back come to head very quickly so not very deep, they deflate quick but now leaving really dark scars.

I've been using a glycolic and sacilic acid exfoliant on my back, only occasionally on face and this also helps.