Retinoids For Oily Skin After Accutane

7 posts in this topic

Been off accutane for 6 months. My skin is 100% clear but the oil has returned. Can i use retinoids to clear up the oil as i have heard conflicting reports that is will make my skin oiler?

Not sure about oiliness but retinoids in theory should help pores stay cleat thus keeping acne away and help fad marks. As for oiliness, check with your derm

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end. Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I just went off Retin A after 2 months because it made my skin a grease pit! It was horrible

Tretiinoin cream did the same thing to me. Got super oily when never had oily skin before. Been a month since last time I used and I'm STILL oily as hell. Did your oily skin return back to normal after you quit Retin A? How long did it take?

I ended up trying again with the Retin A Micro. I started with the .4 percent and then increased to the .1 percent which is the highest strength Micro. It has helped some with the oily skin but has been amazing with the acne. I tried switching back and forth between the Micro and Dan's benzoyl peroxide regimen but it made my skin peel like crazy. I decided the oily skin was better than peeling like a snake every day.

The only acne treatments that have consistent scientific evidence for reducing oil/sebum production are Accutane and hormonal treatments (e.g. spironolactone – only used in women):

post-145613-1305630762_thumb.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

post-145613-0-17017300-1378442199.jpg