Had To Recommend This Foundation:

makeup foundation

5 replies to this topic

#1 Lily87

Lily87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Ex pro makeup artist, always looking for acne cures!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just a quick post to say that I'm an ex-makeup artist, I have acne and have worked with clients who have acne, and the best foundation I could ever recommend is Lancome's Teint Miracle. It is absolutely brilliant in every way....it's not the cheapest but its worth the money.

*Moderator edit - URL removed - read the board rules*

But in short, it's lightweight with good coverage, looks natural, has SPF and lasts all day.

Give it a go, you won't regret it, I promise!

#2 veiledxbeauty

veiledxbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Sounds great. Know of anywhere you can purchase it without spending over forty-something dollars?

I'm on a budget when it comes to make-up;

though almost everything cheap seems, well...cheapened. rolleyes.gif

Oh, and has it oxidized over oil or moisturizer?

I hate when you find perfect coverage and it turns you orange. *sigh*

#3 Lily87

Lily87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well, I'm afraid to say that I've only ever bought it at the recommended retail price for about £27 but I think you could probably find it cheaper online- although you'd have to go into a shop and test it out to get your colour match. Looking at your photo, I'd hazard a guess that shade 010 might be a good match for you.

As for oxidisation- I've never had that problem with this product. I used it on over 20 brides last year and it stayed true to its colour on everyone.

Here's a bit of info about it from the web:

Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator SPF 15 - # 02 Lys Rose 30ml/1oz With a lightweight oil-free & moisture-rich formula. . Developed with Aura-Inside technology to re-create & enhance skins natural radiance . . Offers SPF 15 protection to resist UV rays. . Creates a fresh sleek uniform & perfect complexion. . Perfect for sensitive skin . . . . Long-wearing dermatologically-tested non-comedogenic

Hope that helps- I know the price isn't ideal but it really does last forever (unless you leave your brand new bottle on the train like I did last week- ouch!)

#4 Lily87

Lily87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well, I'm afraid to say that I've only ever bought it at the recommended retail price for about £27 but I think you could probably find it cheaper online- although you'd have to go into a shop and test it out to get your colour match. Looking at your photo, I'd hazard a guess that shade 010 might be a good match for you.

As for oxidisation- I've never had that problem with this product. I used it on over 20 brides last year and it stayed true to its colour on everyone.

Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator SPF 15 - # 02 Lys Rose 30ml/1oz With a lightweight oil-free & moisture-rich formula. . Developed with Aura-Inside technology to re-create & enhance skins natural radiance . . Offers SPF 15 protection to resist UV rays. . Creates a fresh sleek uniform & perfect complexion. . Perfect for sensitive skin . . . . Long-wearing dermatologically-tested non-comedogenic

Hope that helps- I know the price isn't ideal but it really does last forever (unless you leave your brand new bottle on the train like I did last week- ouch!)

#5 veiledxbeauty

veiledxbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ah, thanks for the info. Very helpful. This may be my next foundation. amused.gif  And my profile pic isn't exactly true to my colour. It's been through Gimp to make me look aged for a particular macabre shoot. A more accurate shading is featured in my blog. I'm pale when I'm not flared up with Rosacea (then I'd describe my shade as being more of a tomato red hue). Wonder if they carry that shade...blush.png

#6 Lily87

Lily87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Ah ok- I couldn't see your profile pic too well as I was viewing it on my iPhone but I could see you had some makeup on- judging by your neck colour though I thought maybe 010 (which is one of the palest shades). Definitely test them out in the shop, but I always recommend stepping outside and checking the colour in natural daylight as quite often in those department stores they will give you a shade which is too dark. As for the Rosacea redness- I'm sure you've heard it a hundred times already but green concealer and primers are great for balancing redness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users