Photo

What Scar Treatment Should My Scars Require?

2 replies to this topic

#1 rahip4567

rahip4567

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Alright so when I was in high school i used to get these solid light brown material form between both side of my nose and i was young and stupid and eventually just began pushing them out and eventually led to scaring. I do have acne scars as well but the scars around the sides of my nose and small but noticeable when up in person. So I'm 20 now and I want to get these little dots removed from the sides of my nose but not sure what kind of treatment i should go for to remove them. Below are some pictures and would like some suggestions on how i should proceed before heading to the doctor.

Would chemical peeks be able to remove these scars or make them less noticeable?

Left Side

photoepb.jpg

Right Side

photo1qlm.jpg

Edited by rahip4567, 09 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#2 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

You have normal/large pores combined with some small boxcar/icepick scarring.

Retin-A

Fractional CO2

Skin Needling (dermarolling/dermastamping)

Excisions/Subcision

Are your possible options. Personally I would suggest either fractional co2 or skin needling. Chemical peels that can do something carry a lot of risks, and the ones that don't have the risks likely won't do anything for you.

#3 horchata

horchata

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I have the same kind of scars on both of my cheeks and is also looking for a suitable treatment. I went to a dermatologist and was suggested a series of Matrix RF treatments. Will look into Fractional co2 as well and try to find out what the differences are. Those treatments are really expensive so I feel like I really want to make the right decision..

And I'm using Retin-A, it's great and has made wonders for my skin. Has improved the dark marks I had on my cheeks and the overall condition of my skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users