Photo

Is Shaving Causing My Jawline/chin Acne? (Pics)

shaving jawline acne facial hair blackhead blackheads shaving cream

No replies to this topic

#1 Nightblade

Nightblade

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hey all,

In the past few months, my acne has been the worse it's ever been. I've been doing a lot of research when I get the chance, but I can't exactly attribute it to any specific cause.

Things I've experimented with include:

- Changing from Cetaphil to a natural, tea tree oil-infused cleanser - no change yet

- Dropping liquid dairy from my diet - no noticeable change after two months

- cutting out processed sugars - nothing

- removing SLS-based products from my daily routine (toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner) - inconclusive so far

Then I started thinking about way back when my acne first started up - I think it was back at the start of 12th grade. I had started shaving before that, but I had always used an electric razor and only shaved above my lip and under it without shaving cream. However, in my senior year of high school, I started shaving with a triple-blade Gillette Mach 3 and Gillette-brand shaving cream. As the year progressed, I eventually just started shaving my entire face - jawline, chin, upper lip and lower.

I just looked at some pictures and noticed a disturbing pattern. The acne, as you can see for yourself, is primarily around my jawline, upper/lower lip, and chin, as well as under it - an area I just recently started shaving. These areas that are covered in acne are most commonly areas where I actually have facial hair.

yG9baJg.jpg?1C0YFi37.jpg?2

Additionally, there's a huge gap on my face where my acne is so much clearer, around my cheeks. In fact, thinking about my acne hotspots got me thinking - I barely have any acne on the rest of my face, just my upper half! The areas below my eyes and my forehead are pretty much entirely clear. My nose is covered in blackheads and has been for like, several years now, but that's a different story.

So, what do you guys think? Can I pin this all on shaving and call it a day? I'm already looking into new shaving creams, so are there any that you'd recommend?

Honestly, I don't even know what kind of acne this is. They look like blemish-type scars to me, but they're really annoying because they never seem to go away.

Edited by Nightblade, 07 February 2013 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users