Photo

Differin Now Gp Advised Changing To Duac?

differin duac hormonal retinoids

2 replies to this topic

#1 cccaig

cccaig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hi guys

What are your thoughts on this? 

Started Differin and tetracycline(sp?) and after 4 months my acne had depressingly worsened so I decided to start the pill Yasmin as well. I was pretty sure my acne was hormonal related. After a month skin was much less oily but skin was drying up so I stopped the tetracycline (I think I had read on here you only needed the antibiotic for 3 months anyway just to help with the IB of differin). This helped the dryness and 3 months after being on Yasmin skin was clear! Just before having my time of the month I got a few spots so hoping this will continue to improve in time.

SO.. today went to GP and said I was going to ask to change from differin to Duac (this had worked great in the past when acne came back after roaccuntane) BUT I was happy with progress on the Pill so was happy to stick with this and the differin. He then said- no it would be a good idea to change to the duac actually now not on the oral antibiotics...?? Really, why?? He didn't really say so I'm left confused whether I think I should continue with pill and differin and see how month 4 of being on the pill goes. Or to take pill and change to Duac???

What would u do? Any experiences?

Thanks!

Edited by cccaig, 06 February 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

My motto is this: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If differin is working for you, keep using it.  If after a few more months you want to switch to something else, do retin a or a similar retinoid. I don't believe duac turns over skin cells.

Good Luck

#3 Sarsar123

Sarsar123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm a bit confused but it sounds like he means use duac because it has an antibiotic in it and you don't take it orally anymore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users