Photo
- - - - -

Vinegar And Bacne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 buzz08

buzz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Hi all,

I have been using the vinegar treatment for my back for maybe 6 months now. At the start, it was brilliant. I started clearing up and everything was going well. I was using Japanese Rice Vinegar before a shower maybe once or twice a day.

However, I then moved to a more humid climate. The vinegar was still working with maybe a few more outbreaks, but I understood the reason for this.

Just before Christmas 2012, I switched the soap I was using in the shower to Cetaphil Cleansing Bar. This broke me out big time. I have now decided to stop using all soap on my back and instead I apply Apple Cider VInegar with some Tea-Tree Oil on my back with a cleansing pad before I shower. 

For all those interested, I will keep this updated weekly. If I do not see results within 2 weeks, I may resort back to the soap I was using before Christmas (Dove Beauty Bar).

Anybody with question feel free to ask, and also anybody with advice is very welcome!

#2 buzz08

buzz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Ok so update! I have started putting some of the diluted ACV on my back when going to bed and although it is only my 2nd day after doing this, I feel like it may be working. I will continue this for the week and see if it keeps clearing my acne up. Fingers crossed!

#3 txngrl

txngrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ok so update! I have started putting some of the diluted ACV on my back when going to bed and although it is only my 2nd day after doing this, I feel like it may be working. I will continue this for the week and see if it keeps clearing my acne up. Fingers crossed!

how much do you dilute the ACV?  Like 50/50?   Have you tried using it full strength?  And are you still not using any soap on your back?

#4 buzz08

buzz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

how much do you dilute the ACV?  Like 50/50?   Have you tried using it full strength?  And are you still not using any soap on your back?

I have the bottle diluted 50/50. I have tried using it full strength but stopped as I felt it was too irritating. No I still am not using any soap. If I am to revert back to soap, it will be a dove beauty bar as they worked well in the past for me.

Are you on a similar regimen?

#5 txngrl

txngrl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have the bottle diluted 50/50. I have tried using it full strength but stopped as I felt it was too irritating. No I still am not using any soap. If I am to revert back to soap, it will be a dove beauty bar as they worked well in the past for me.

No, but my son has used it as a toner on his face.  He was using it straight though.  He was also drinking it diluted with water.  It is very good for you, both topically and to drink.

#6 buzz08

buzz08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

No, but my son has used it as a toner on his face.  He was using it straight though.  He was also drinking it diluted with water.  It is very good for you, both topically and to drink.

Oh I see, not sure if I would care to drink it unless it was proven to have benefits. I have also now decided to revert back to washing off the vinegar as Dove soap worked for me before. Fingers crossed!

#7 TheGoodSon

TheGoodSon

Hey let's be friends.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Please keep me posted on this. I've been trying apple cider vinegar off and on. As far as I can tell it's working for me slightly. My back doesn't break out when I use it. I just need to stop my back from getting oily all the time. There will be this layer of filth I can scratch under my fingernails when I wet my skin. Anyone else have this issue?

#8 Tom Busby

Tom Busby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Vinegar is slightly acidic, and you are on the right track in my opinion. 

Bar soaps are generally alkaline, and most body washes are a neutral pH of 7, so I formulate a low pH body wash at about 5.  I discussed this in my long write up:  http://www.acne.org/...rial/?p=3335108

Posts like yours about the benefits of vinegar started my thought process about using a low pH, which has been very helpful to me, so thank you!

#9 sarahcastle

sarahcastle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I have tried using vinegar for my acne in the past and it worked great. I used white vinegar becasue it is acidic with a low pH that can eliminate germs quickly. You can also take the apple cider vinegar orally by consuming it to better help you.