4 replies to this topic

#1 Lexykraugh

Lexykraugh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I used to use EPIDUO gel but then I stopped because my skin didnt look as clear in the beginning and I didnt want to have to use it my entire life... so i slowly discontinued it. However, it was a slow process but slowly littly bumps started resurfacing and BAM now look at me! Ive never had a breakout this bad in my life...... ever.
What type of acne is this? severe, mild or moderate?

Also... would I be elligible for accutane? I would really like to take it, ive heard wonders! 

This picture is before BENZOYL PEROXIDE CLEAN AND CLEAR 3 STEPS. HOW COME ITS GETTING WORSE? and my skin is oily + dry at the same time and has a very unconfortable texture...

photo (4)
Album: My chin acne
1 images
2 comments

#2 Lexykraugh

Lexykraugh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

plz... someone answer..:(

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

How long were you on Epiduo?  Usually it take 3 months to really judge if an acne regimen is working for you or not - not fully clear but seeing consistent improvement.

As for accutane, i wouldn't recommend doing that till you've tried the usual round of treatments as your acne is not severe and accutane is a drug that cab have serious and sometimes permanent side effects. 

Some options are retinoids

diet changes (worth a shot)

Good Luck with your decision and keep your head up

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#4 Lexykraugh

Lexykraugh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I used epiduo for about 1 year now, but I stopped it. Is that why its gotten so bad? And now im using BP, and its really making it worse, in 1 week i went from having 1 pimple to 10 + painful pimples all on my chin.... how can this happen? Should i discontinue?

#5 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

i would go back to using epiduo then if i were you. if i am correct epiduo is bp + differin right? it must have been working really well for you so i would definitley go back to using it. your chin doesnt look that bad though. is that the only place you are breaking out? i dont think they will give you accutane. i have been trying to get it for years and my derm keeps telling me my acne is hormonal so i am on spironolactone now but am not seeing results yet. you could try asking for spiro though it works wonders for many people.

Edited by tracy521, 04 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users