4 replies to this topic

#1 ramschi

ramschi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Hey there...

About 4 years ago (how time flies!) I've posted a thread, where I asked for help to treat my "bump" on my nose..

I hope it's ok to start a new thread on this, as the other one is pretty old now and I want to get current opinions.

I still suffer from a bump on my nose (my derm thinks it's a sebaceous cyst), that developed after a long-occuring pimple on the left side of my nose. My nose was always red thanks to that stupid pimple, and once it got so bad that I used drawing salve (I think that's what it's called). After a few days a white bump was there (were the re-occuring pimple used to be) and has not went away since! It seems to be a mixture of a scar / sebaceous cyst.

It looks similar to this one (altough mine is bit bigger/more visible)

http://i51.photobuck.../bumponnose.jpg

I'm 24 now and REALLY want to get rid of it. I guess the only way would be surgery, but I'm not sure wether the scar would look even worse than the bump. Derm told me there's nothing to do that wouldn't look worse than before.

I am suffering from rosacea, but having good results with finacea (acel. acid!).

Anyone ever had this problem and solved it?

thanks for your time,

ramschi

Edited by ramschi, 04 February 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#2 ramschi

ramschi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

I hope it's ok to bump this!

#3 ramschi

ramschi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Anyone?....

#4 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

I also have a bump on my nose after a cyst some four-five years ago. I think it's overgrown connective tissue on the site of inflammation, rather than a sebaceous cyst though, but I'm not sure. In any case, a hypertrophic scar like this seems fairly common on the nose.

I've tried to treat mine with hydrocortisone cream and a silicone sheet, but so far that hasn't worked. I've thought about getting a stronger hydrocortisone cream next and putting it on at night for a while. A cortisone shot should be more effective, but it's hard to get those here and I'm not sure if that would even help. My bump doesn't bother me that much, so I'm not considering any other treatments. Based on my search on the acne forum, people haven't really found appropriate treatments for this, although in some cases laser and some method that I can't remember (cauterization?) have helped. You should probably talk to a plastic surgeon and see what they have to say. If the scar really bothers you and looks visible and you find a very skilled plastic surgeon, getting it excised could probably be an option, though I'd imagine excisions on the nose are fairly challenging. If I were you, I'd first like to try laser or radiosurgery, if the doctor I was consulting thought it was a good idea.

Good luck! Keep us posted if you get the scar treated. :)

Edited by austra, 12 February 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#5 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

I've thought about this for a bit longer and I think your best bet is seriously going to a good plastic surgeon and ask if they think they could remove it with a nice cosmetic result. They remove moles and other kinds of growths all the time, so this should be a fairly easy thing, really. And if not, they will know best what treatment options you have. My guess is that they'd just simply shave it off, or try a cortisone shot. If not, then laser/excisions might be worth it, but they're a bit more complicated or costly. 

If you do go to a plastic surgeon, please keep us updated here. My nose bump doesn't bother me that much now, but who knows when I start to find it annoying and want to know ways to get completely rid of it.

Edited by austra, 13 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users