Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hey everyone,

Gave this a quick search with no results

I was just wondering if anyone has had any positive  results steaming their face on the regimen?  I guess you would do it before washing your face.

I used to steam my face a lot but it didnt help with acne before the regimen, maybe it helps in other ways?  Possibly removing dead skin?  I can't remember.

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

#2 PennyPincher

PennyPincher

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I always cup my hands near the showerhead to make a mist that floats on my face, I don't think it has any results but it sure does feel great!

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I've steamed my face more times then I can poke a stick at and it never cleared me of acne.  Since following the regimen and becoming clear for the first time in 20 years, going for monthly facials (including steaming) was a very hard habit to break but break it I did and I've not looked back.

So my advice is, if you're following the regimen (or your version of it) and you're clear, don't fix something that isnt broken.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#4 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any positive  results steaming their face on the regimen?  I guess you would do it before washing your face.

I used to steam my face a lot but it didnt help with acne before the regimen, maybe it helps in other ways?  Possibly removing dead skin?  I can't remember.

I tried steaming and it didn't help with acne or unclogging pores, for me at least. It might help more so when it's warmer outside, but during the winter my skin gets dry very easily, so the steam dries out the skin and ends up just irritating it. I have found sauna's to be nice though.

#5 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hey everyone,

I tried steaming and it didn't help with acne or unclogging pores, for me at least. It might help more so when it's warmer outside, but during the winter my skin gets dry very easily, so the steam dries out the skin and ends up just irritating it. I have found sauna's to be nice though.

I've steamed my face more times then I can poke a stick at and it never cleared me of acne.  Since following the regimen and becoming clear for the first time in 20 years, going for monthly facials (including steaming) was a very hard habit to break but break it I did and I've not looked back.

So my advice is, if you're following the regimen (or your version of it) and you're clear, don't fix something that isnt broken.

Thanks for the replys!
I was just curious, since I had heard good stuff from other people, but like you said, don't need to fix something that isn't broken!
Thanks a lot

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users