Diet Change,,,,success Is Coming!

diet pcos low carb low gi insulin hormones vitamin vitamins vitamin d zinc

2 replies to this topic

#1 Lily87

Lily87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Ex pro makeup artist, always looking for acne cures!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hi all,

Just a really quick post to say that I have started following a low G.I diet. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes my acne and it has recently flared up again, much to my dismay.

Doctor was no help at all, so after years of trying nearly every prescriptive treatment available, I've finally started trying some natural remedies.

So far I seem to be having a lot of success with the low GI diet, vitamin D supplements, multivitamins & zinc, cod liver oil....

I have just started writing about it all so if anyone's interested please head over for a read....i'll be updating it regularly.

It isn't aimed just at people with PCOS related acne as from what i have read, the dietary causes of acne can also apply to those who don't have PCOS. It's all to do with insulin levels, high blood sugar and the effects it has on hormones (apparently- i must point out that i'm no doctor!).

I've been on the low GI diet now for 4 weeks and my skin is definitely improving (especially the cystic ones on my neck and jawline)- along with my other PCOS related symptoms.

*Moderator edit - URL removed - read the board rules*

Sorry- wrote that in a bit of a rush, that should have said- "I've started writing a **blog** about it all!" 

#2 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Good luck :) You could try cutting back on many foods and reintroducing them slowly to see if you react from them. Soy was the worst for me.

#3 Lily87

Lily87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Ex pro makeup artist, always looking for acne cures!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for the advice- that's interesting about soy. Once i start reintroducing foods I think i'll keep a food diet to try to identify what the triggers are. Anything is worth a go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users