49 replies to this topic

#41 Bonsai77

Bonsai77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Meditation, My Bonsai trees

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

A lady (the international student officer at university) once said that my smile is so nice that she did not even notice my acne, and that it will makes me look younger.

This was said to me during my first week in England. I told her that making eye contact was difficult because of my cysts, and she was very nice.

どうも

#42 Olivia94

Olivia94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Edited by Olivia94, 28 July 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#43 Olivia94

Olivia94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

The nicest thing anyone's ever said to me is just that it's improving I guess?

I remember the worst things I've had said. One that sticks out is from a couple of years ago when I was at school. A boy who was never particularly nice to me anyway, one day decided to tease me worse than normal. I was dealing with it until he said 'have you ever heard of Clearisil?'. Something about that comment made me snap and I kicked him in the balls.

I got sent home and given a weeks detention which wasn't how I wanted to be spending my time but I felt better so I guess it wasn't all bad :P

#44 ziggyandthestars

ziggyandthestars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

I had a friend who told me that my acne and redness was cute cause it made me look like i was blushing constantly rolleyes.gif for better of for worse at least she didn't aks me  what the hell is wrong with my  face. Other then that it makes me feel better when people say they don't even notice the acne and can look past it anyway :)

#45 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

Last night I was telling a young MUA that I was broken out and bummed about it, and I pointed at a scab I made on my chin that I couldn't cover, as if to say 'yes, I am mentioning it so you don't have to' like overweight people tend to do, as a pre-emptive defense.  She said "I thought it was a beauty mark, the rest of your complexion is so beautiful" (I was able to hide most of it with extensions and makeup, but that made me feel a little better. 

• Clear Skin and Anxiety Maintenance Routine:
  • Supplements: Shi wei Bei Du Tang (powder by Sun Ten) and the Zhen Zhu An Chuang Pan (tablets by Guang Ci Tang)  both for acne+ other Chinese mood stabilizers. 
  •  20,000IU+ of Vitamin D/day (+ antioxidants and multi with minerals)
  • Diet: Ultra Meal and Orac Energy Greens shakes- no meat, coffee,  dairy, gluten or alcohol
  • Topical: crysanthemum and MSM baths and cleansing with Proactiv Deep and Kavi Coral on Konjac sponge to exfoliate, and Jason Aloe and Tea Tree and Hyaluronic Acid to heal and hydrate. 
  • Lifestyle: 8 hrs sleep, light exercise only, >1hr sun exposure daily, no fluoride toothpastes, no sulfate shampoos, clean shower/pillowcase.

#46 Arinata

Arinata

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Makeup, K-dramas, Dance, Piano, Art, Food

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

I was fussing to my friend about how I was breaking out and how I hate having acne and her boyfriend stared at my cheek and got really close to my face and said ''shut up''

That made me feel 100x better.

Best reason to be told to shut up, ever.

#47 Melloman

Melloman

Mainus Man

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, fighting, martial arts, artwork, reading, saving the world, samurai champloo

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

I remember this one girl liked me who was really hot, back in when my acne was bad.  I didn't understand how she could possibly want to go out with me when I looked like that.  Anyway, one day she wore this one shirt that revealed a lot of her titties.  They had all kindz a acne!  Cystic, too.  She kept walking up to me, and revealing them.

1. I think she did that to make me feel better.  I didn't realize this at the time, but I almost felt like shit when I did.

2. I don't think her titty acne was usually that bad.  I think she made it worse to make me feel better, which almost made me feel like shit when I realized this.

3. WTF?!?!

People tend to remember the bad more than the good, because it usually affects them more, unless the good was just that good.

Edited by Melloman, 08 January 2015 - 07:14 PM.

Relax
I'm a vegetarian
I suspect I have leaky gut which caused food sensitivities which lead to acne.  Note: Food Sensitivity is different from allergies and intolerances!  I stopped doing things to my face, and started doing nothing but focus on diet.  My acne has never been more clear. I'm recovering from cystic acne. 

#48 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:What interests me is the future limits of technology & science. I enjoy learning about other cultures & watching documentary films about a variety of subjects. Video games are a big thing for me, I play on a ps3 at the moment hit me up on there if you want to play sometime. I'm agnostic athiest. From 1 to 10 I honestly think I'm a 4 1/2 (yeah it sucks). But other then that I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person with good personal attributes. Some of them being as follows:honest, honorable, moral, understanding, tolerant, reasonable, open thinker, charitable. A few physical things i like about my self are: tall, my hair, my voice, my top row teeth & I my oder is never really too bad lol.

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

I'm sorry for being the grinch on this one people, but I gotta say this particular topic annoy's the hell out of me. I mean c'mon its so unrealistic. What, your gonna tell me that someone happen to go "hello sir wow you acne looks great today!" Oh please get real -_-... no one has ever said a single nice thing about my cow manure for a face & no one ever fucking will grrrrr (grinds teeth in frustration).

#49 happiness123

happiness123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

The nicest thing anyone can do about my acne is look me straight in the eyes when we're talking(not at the acne around my face) and never say a thing about acne at all. I find it quite rude when people complain about having one pimple when talking to me because if they think their one zit is gross, what do they think about my face full of zits!? Like I said, the nicest thing I think someone can do is to never mention acne and treat me like any other person.

#50 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

I've been breaking out somewhat and have been a bit of a drama queen about it. I have psychological issues with my skin, which I think border on some form of OCD/BDD. But I was crying to my friends about it yesterday, and they were all so kind about it. They all told me they hadn't even noticed I was breaking out and that it really wasn't bad at all. Maybe they were lying, who knows, but it comforted me to think that people really notice less than we think. I also hung out with a bunch of people yesterday and not one person stared at my skin or treated me any differently. It made me feel good about myself, even if I do have some skin troubles right now.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users