44 replies to this topic

#41 Bonsai77

Bonsai77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Meditation, My Bonsai trees

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

A lady (the international student officer at university) once said that my smile is so nice that she did not even notice my acne, and that it will makes me look younger.

This was said to me during my first week in England. I told her that making eye contact was difficult because of my cysts, and she was very nice.

#42 Olivia94

Olivia94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Edited by Olivia94, 28 July 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#43 Olivia94

Olivia94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

The nicest thing anyone's ever said to me is just that it's improving I guess?

I remember the worst things I've had said. One that sticks out is from a couple of years ago when I was at school. A boy who was never particularly nice to me anyway, one day decided to tease me worse than normal. I was dealing with it until he said 'have you ever heard of Clearisil?'. Something about that comment made me snap and I kicked him in the balls.

I got sent home and given a weeks detention which wasn't how I wanted to be spending my time but I felt better so I guess it wasn't all bad :P

#44 ziggyandthestars

ziggyandthestars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

I had a friend who told me that my acne and redness was cute cause it made me look like i was blushing constantly rolleyes.gif for better of for worse at least she didn't aks me  what the hell is wrong with my  face. Other then that it makes me feel better when people say they don't even notice the acne and can look past it anyway :)

#45 ZhenZhu

ZhenZhu

licensed esthetician 2004

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I cleared my worst breakout in a 20 yr acne battle with Rx Chinese herbs.

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

Last night I was telling a young MUA that I was broken out and bummed about it, and I pointed at a scab I made on my chin that I couldn't cover, as if to say 'yes, I am mentioning it so you don't have to' like overweight people tend to do, as a pre-emptive defense.  She said "I thought it was a beauty mark, the rest of your complexion is so beautiful" (I was able to hide most of it with extensions and makeup, but that made me feel a little better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users