Photo

1 Week After Regimen

regimen impression good acne oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm 17 and i had a huge breakout a month ago, i always had pimples here and there, maybe because i started using the neutrogena face wash and that reacted with my skin.. i was really bumbed out but when i found this online and saw so many good reviews about it, so i decided to risk the chance and buy this.. after one week, i've notice some flaking as mentioned in this forum BUT that didn't really bother me much because my acne had reduced about 50%(oily skin) yeyyyyy. So some people said that in the first few weeks you will start breaking out before it gets better? i'm some-what prepared for it, but right now my skin is healing and it looks great! I'm currently only using the Cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer. Acne is a problem that causes many people to lose confidence in themselves and it is a pain to wake up every morning looking at your face, i never thought about that on other people with acne before i experienced it myself. I will try to update my progress as it goes... smile.png good so far.. some what.

ps: this is my first time reviewing a product, so sorry if 'anything' is wrong...

Edited by Huysnation, 01 February 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#2 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

second week-ish

well last week was pretty horrible, i broke out all over my face(cheeks, forehead, chin), i'm starting to look like i have a sunburn all over my face except my eye so it's probably the BP, i'm thinking of using less until my skin adjust, I'm also experiencing flakiness(doesn't bother me much) should i be concern and get like jojoba oil? But recently i been waking up with no pimple or very tiny ones yeyyy :) and my acne scars are fading away.

I got into the habit of popping my pimple :( which sucks, but if you don't pop the whiteheads do they magically disappear??? they seem to only get bigger

#3 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Popping a pimple is okay as long as you do it right. I usually do it when it's "really ripe" so that I can pop it really gently, and then I put some BP on it and I find it goes away pretty quickly. As long as you're not harshly forcing the pimple to pop it should be fine. 

It does go away on its own and I guess to be on the safe side (no scarring) it's better to leave it alone...but sometimes if it's in a really obvious spot I'd rather be ugly for a day then a week haha.

#4 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

END of 5th week

so over the last few weeks i had a bunch fo break outs.. when does it get better... worst of all when i ran out of cleanser, i started using the Neutrogena oil-free acne wash and my face went from 1-2 small pimple a day to a war. :( can't wait till my acne.org stuff arives... this is driving me nuts.

#5 Fischer1

Fischer1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hey dude, the whole reason why i got acne today is because of products, i had just about acne free skin but i had like 1 or 2 pimples every other week, so i wanted them gone and i read on the internet that salic acid was good so i bought Neutrogena oil-free acne wash and if im not wrong that stuff i orange and it smells pretty bad, so i continued to use it and my skin became a war zone just like you described... so what i would do is to STOP using that poor product, it has totally ruined my skin. Then i started using the regiment, and the regiment to be honest is just a pain in the ass (truely it works) but it also breaks down the skin in my exerience so my skin became really vulnerable so when on the regiment i would still get pimples and they left me with a red mark and after about 2 months of the regiment my face was full of red dots because my skin could not repair efficiently. I now have quit the regiment and my skin from my nose and down is all good, but my forehead is all fucked up from the benzyl peroxide so i have alot of non-infamatory acne there. I am still trying to reduce my acne and right know im having good succes with pantothen, 

I wish you all luck and hope that my information was useful (i feel like we walked the same footsteps). 

If you have more questions please just ask :)

#6 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

END of 5th week

so over the last few weeks i had a bunch fo break outs.. when does it get better... worst of all when i ran out of cleanser, i started using the Neutrogena oil-free acne wash and my face went from 1-2 small pimple a day to a war. sad.png can't wait till my acne.org stuff arives... this is driving me nuts.

I was still breaking out on my 3rd and 4th week. I've also seen other posters mention breakouts up to their 7th-8th week. I guess its different for everybody but only those who are really dedicated get to see results. Keep it up, and don't get discouraged.

#7 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

9Th week, that's 3 months wow!

sadly i still get random breakouts and then it would stop then i would get whiteheads(that i can't seem to stop popping, only the ones that are ready, i also clean my face and hand before/after).

I've been for about a month using jojoba oil with the acne.org moisturizer

i also just bought new bottle of BP and AHA( to help with my scars) 

-me sad- 

i'm also using Vitamin D-3 1000 IU, 1 pill per day as instructed.

Edited by huyn0396, 30 March 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#8 Gillianbb

Gillianbb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I m on day 17.i m still breakout :( i m thinking if it is suitable for me or not .Lets support each other.Acne will go away soon

#9 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

hopefully ;)

#10 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's perfectly normal to experience breakouts well into the regimen. Remember that the skin has to regenerate itself, so there is underlying acne still waiting to come to the surface, which BP helps to speed up the process. I still experienced breakouts into my 12 week on the regimen, but my acne was severe and knew that it would take time to completely heal. Relax and continue doing the regimen. Eventually they will subside and you will have beautiful skin again. If you are still experiencing horrible breakouts, you may want to take a look at how you are doing the regimen. Take the acne questionnaire to be sure you aren't deviating from the regimen. http://www.acne.org/personalized-advice.html  Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!! smile.png

#11 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

10th Week

I started using AHA at night, and moisterizer in the morning, i also take 3 pill of 1000 IU a day.  

My face started turning a bit red like i'm getting sun burned, but i don't use AHA in the morning :/, maybe i should stop on the AHA for a bit? idk or maybe because it's the BP

without using the jojoba oil with the moisterizer, my face feel like its getting rough again..

#12 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

12th week

Since the 10th week, i haven't had any major breakout around my cheek which is really good, i only been having tiny whiteheads around my jawline area, maybe it's working? idk, but i really need to fix my scaring though, i've been using 1/2 moisterizer and 1/2 AHA with alittle Jojoba oil at night every night and then regular moisturizer in the morning. i have a bunch of brown/orangish marks on my cheeks that i need to fade away.

#13 huyn0396

huyn0396

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

So far the regimen has done a really good job, the acne on my cheeks has reduced about 80%. I still have acne around my jawline a bit, and some little here and there, but overall it's slowing down. I still have major scar problems, i have a bunch of brownish marks on both of my cheeks :(, i been using aha for about 1.5 months. I'm also thinking of switching to another moisterizer rather than dan's because it just cost too much, ideas?

#14 Gillianbb

Gillianbb

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have same problems wif u guys .My acne is gone after week 8.But,I still get a lot of red marks on my face.I gonna visit the dermologist on thursday.I will see which product she will recommend.The dermologist told me benzoyl peroxide shudnt b applied the whole face for a long time.