2 replies to this topic

#1 tristan

tristan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:33 AM

Hi, I've been on acne treatments for the last few years

Anyhow, I can pretty much vouch for being on EVERY acne treatment EXCEPT Accutane (Sorry, will never consider it!)

I'm currently on Differen (gel) 0.1% & Minocycline (Minotabs) 2x50mg daily which stings me about $70NZD a month (government doesn't seem to class acne as something that should be subsidised..)

I've found it to be the most effective of all the treatments

Anyhow, i've been on it since mid-late last year but it's just working too slow for my liking neutral.gif Plus with summer coming up (New Zealand here! eusa_dance.gif) I know it's just going to shoot back up (I can't help it, I love the sun and I can't really avoid it)

So I have been reading a few diet websites regarding acne..

I have a feeling I'm needing some more Vitamin A and Zinc in my system.

Unfortunately, being a student, I can't really afford to buy much of the natural products that have Vitamin A & Zinc so i'm kind've forced to go the pill way..

I'm just wondering, should I try a different way before this?

Also, does anyone know if the vitamins will cause problems with my current medication?

I also wouldn't mind going to see a Homeopath to see what they can offer :>

I don't really have a 'diet' as such (pretty much just eat whatevers the cheapest/easiest to make sad.gif), but if it doesn't require me to spend a tonne of money every week then i'm MORE than happy to change how I eat. I've only got about $30NZD ($20~ USD?) a week to spend (No job at the moment, uni is too busy!).

I don't use any moisturiser (but I do use a face wash in the shower..) as I don't think my skin is that dry (it was with other medications but it seems fine here) but if I should still be using it let me know smile.gif

Anything else you guys can think of? I'll keep browsing these forums reading stuff too lol.gif

If you have any questions please don't hesitate!

Cheers,

Tristan

#2 tristan

tristan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:02 AM

Also wouldn't mind trying some B5 too

Well, pretty much _anything_ that'd help out a bit more

And if at all possible, could someone in the know check out http://www.expressgroup.co.nz, find the right products for me (vitamin a, b5 etc. I have Vitamin C already (2x500mg daily)) you'd be a legend in my books eusa_pray.gif

#3 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(tristan @ Oct 9 2004, 04:02 AM)
Also wouldn't mind trying some B5 too

Well, pretty much _anything_ that'd help out a bit more

And if at all possible, could someone in the know check out http://www.expressgroup.co.nz, find the right products for me (vitamin a, b5 etc. I have Vitamin C already (2x500mg daily)) you'd be a legend in my books  eusa_pray.gif

View Post

Vit B

Vit A

Vit E

Zinc

Those look good. THe EFA there is only omega-3 and omega-6, you should find a omega 3-6-9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users