Photo

My Retin-A And Isotrex 0.025% Gel Diary(Pictures) - Stopped At Week 14; Azelaic Acid

retin-a diary gel retin a bioderma avene 0.025% initial breakout red marks isotrex

50 replies to this topic

#21 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Just to warn everyone who uses or plans to use any kind of vitamin A derivative.

Being out and not wearing sunscreen will make your skin extremely red sensitive so in return you will get more acne!

I can confirm it. If you look at my week 8, my skin is red (actually sunburnt) - i've been out on the sun not wearing sunscreen! And i got acne immidiately!

So, do yourself a favour and apply it. Lots of it and a high factor! (50)

Seriously; for the most part i have been using it but when i haven't my skin has been awful!

And because summer is very near, i am thinking how on Earth will this function? Once i am done, i am planning to start using azelaic acid instead of isotretinoin. It cleared my skin once already(worked very well) and it doesn't make skin as sensitive as this thing.

#22 grn93

grn93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Football , cycling , swimming , pools , travels

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I also use Retin a 0.025%. Starting the third month. Weekend I was on vacation and use sunscreen 50 +, however, my skin was red and it hurt! I wonder to continue I use Retin-A? Maybe every other day?

Never give up ;)

#23 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

I also use Retin a 0.025%. Starting the third month. Weekend I was on vacation and use sunscreen 50 +, however, my skin was red and it hurt! I wonder to continue I use Retin-A? Maybe every other day?

If I were you, I would stop using it until my skin felt normal again. You don't want to cause any damage!

And try to spend zero time out on the sun, really. You can go and sunbathe your hands to get your vitamin D, but just keep your face in the shadow. smile.png

WEEK 10

(using: Isotrex)

Ok so it's week 10. My pimples from last week are still healing. But I actually DIDN'T GET ANY NEW ONES. *knock on wood*

My skin feels better that the last week.

That's pretty much it for this week. I ate  a ton of sugar because of the holidays but didn't affect my skin(it never did). Even a bit of mayo didn't break me out!

I do use a new moisturizer for deep repair but actually it's a very special face cream. My aunt bought it for me as my birthday gift. She uses it and my cousin also uses it and she told me it improved their skin a lot! She doesn't get any more breakouts. And my cousin's skin texture improved very much. So i checked out their site and it's made by a woman who got three gold medals for innovation in Geneva, Seoul and Kuwait. http://www.anaya.si/en/index.html

I don't know if you can buy it anywhere where you live, i doubt it. Because It's a Slovenian product and she mainly sells it there and on East.

But i love it because it makes my skin so hydrated and supple and regenerated. The way it works is quite special. So far so good, it's a little expensive though..

Anyway, here are my pictures, i know most if you only want to look at pictures, but pictures can be quite deceiving. Like these ones; most of it is red marks! There are no real active pimples!

As always; decide for yourself if my skin got any better proud.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-04-01 10.43.57.jpg
  • 2013-04-01 10.44.19.jpg

Edited by ADreamer, 01 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#24 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Just to let anyone who is also interested in tretinoin and isotretinoin(and the difference between them) know:

It's a study about influence of isomerism

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16724545

This one is a study about their photostability

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15778063

#25 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me
  • Interests:Not acne

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hey I basically have the exact same problem going on. I was on Accutane and it returned a few months after and now Im broke out pretty bad. Ive been on Bactrim for a month and Im no longer getting big breakouts. I also have Differin .03 but Im afraid to start it because of an IB!

Your skin looks much better by the way!

How long were you on Accutane for?

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

#26 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hey I basically have the exact same problem going on. I was on Accutane and it returned a few months after and now Im broke out pretty bad. Ive been on Bactrim for a month and Im no longer getting big breakouts. I also have Differin .03 but Im afraid to start it because of an IB!

Your skin looks much better by the way!

How long were you on Accutane for?

Oh I am sorry your acne came back! :/

I am starting  to convince myself it's actually a good thing; it means Accutane didn't affect you that much which as actually good... And your body got to where it was quickly.

I took Accutane for 5 months(i didn't finish my course; should have taken it for 6 and a half), 30mg a day. I finished earlier because after 5 months i got hives and stopped immidiatelly. Since my skin was already heaven i decided to never take this thing again. After a year i started getting little spots again. then a cyst or two. Actually nothing bad at all. And azeleic acid(after that) cleared me 99%. Until i started using Retin-A my skin was actually pretty nice. But this IB made my skin look awful! But I am starting to see results. eusa_pray.gif

I've googled Bactrim and it seems like it's an antibiotic. You know what i think? After trying Accutane as the most potent drug for acne I don't think taking antibiotics would do any good. It's temporary. I'd seriously if you haven't already- try azeleic acid. You need to use it for 6 months to get clear skin. But I helped me 99% and my skin is obviously a tough nut to crack. since accutane didn't even help.

About being afraid of IB. Don't be. Because these spots will come out sooner or later, so using an acne treatment will only fast forward it. After that, it's all worth it! :) I haven't used Differin but I heard good stuff about it. If you start using it, be persistent and stubborn!!

#27 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the advice! I wish I had as good of an out look as you do! After 6 plus years of having breakouts its starting to get to me lol. I have a dermatologist apt tomorrow so Ill see how that goes..

Well best of luck to you and I hope things keep going good for you!

#28 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

CWR24: No problem! I forgot to say that you can wait and see how my journey goes and than maybe try Isotrex yourself. :)

I hope your derm. appointment went well

Well thank you i wish the same

#29 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

WEEK 11

So, this week i got my period so I also got around 4 new pimples. Which isn't that bad.

Otherwise, my skin tone is getting better slowly, also the texture is better. Blackheads are easier to manage.

I've got nothing else to write.

Pictures:

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-04-07 10.15.56.jpg
  • 2013-04-07 10.17.07.jpg

#30 mirili

mirili

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Your skin definitely looks better. Fingers crossed for it getting better and better from now.

#31 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Looking good!

#32 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thanks! smile.png I hope so too. I wish my red marks would start fading quickly...

I started using turmeric again. This time my skin doesn't mind at all! I just couldn't wait until the end of my journey...Everybody's saying how great it is so i had to try using it again. My skin isn't as sensitive now and i used less turmeric so the outcome was great!

I noticed the skin feels so soft and supple and just clean after i use this mask. Also it's suppose to prevent blemishes and fade marks(if you use it regularly).

This is how I do it:

I mix two tablespoons of plain yoghurt, half a tea spoon of turmeric powder, a teaspoon of honey and half a tea spoon of either olive oil or jojoba oil. I apply this mask to my face,neck, chest and back(i have a couple of marks there). Leave it on while i shower the rest of my body lol then wash it off. Since I put a lot of yoghurt in my mask my skin isn't yellow afterwards smile.png I LOVE this mask. I'll be using it at least twice a week. I recommend it to all of you, no matter what type of skin you have.

Edited by ADreamer, 08 April 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#33 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

WEEK 12

a Iittle late

i am too busy to write every detail about week 12

i was and still am breaking out and i think there's going to be a lot more new breakouts before any dramatic changes take place

things aren't going anywhere or just really slowly, like i said: i feel like my process kind of stopped and i don't know if i should increase my isotr.strength. i am really irritated when i think things aren't going anywhere! There were improvements but it seems like my skin cleared to some extent but now it's just stagnating. is my skin going to improve? etc etc i wonder

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-04-14 09.35.03.jpg
  • 2013-04-14 09.35.26.jpg

#34 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hmm, there has definitely been improvement but i always that if after 12 weeks there hasn't been CONSISTENT improvement, it's time to re-evaluate, maybe add some bp in the am or some internal changes.  Keep us posted - i am definitely keeping up with this log

Good Luck

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#35 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Sasch83. I know, i do get an occasional breakout here and there... The strength i use is the lowest and my hormones are crazy so i guess it isn't enough to keep it under control. But I will say that i don't understand why simple azeleic acid cleared me 99% and this doesn't? Well, maybe it will eventually, i still think that with isotretinoin things take time. I've been there before, on Accutane i STARTED clearing up around day 100!  Pills take so long, let alone a topical treatment. I read my Roaccutane diary just now

So I am sure this will help. I need to be persistent. I just hope the pharmacy concoction (when she diluted my isotrex) is still good to use..:/ And that she didn't dilute it too much. Next time I'll ask her to not dilute it to 0.025 completely grinwink.gif

i am allergic to bp(i tried dan's products and my face burnt like thousands of wasps and my lips were swollen)

#36 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Youve still made a huge improvement in my opinion. Curious to see the next couple weeks!

#37 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thanks!  week 13 was better than last few weeks but i can't upload my photos just yet , i am having some technical issues...i have taken pictures in sunday so i'll write an update tommorow (hopefully)

#38 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

Hey guys! So firstly, i am sorry for being away for so long. Since my skin isn't getting any better(i mean red marks aren't going away) despite the fact i have been using this stuff over 14 weeks, i simply stopped using it a couple of days ago. I am not sure what else to write here... I decided to start doing OCM with castor and jojoba oil. I ordered both oils (cold pressed and organic) and until then i am only using my turmeric mask and my moisturizer.

I also decided to get some azeleic acid, since it saved my skin once already and i know i can count on it.

I am so sorry my attempt failed but this is life, not everyone benefits from the same thing. I guess i should keep looking.

Just to make this post less lame, i'll attach my pictures from week 13 smile.png

Would you guys want to read about OCM when i start doing it? Why OCM? I started watching this girl on Youtube who had pretty severe acne and her acne cleared up when she started doing OCM(username cloudyapples). And her skin now is flawless!! I truly belive and understand why oil could work. I am already pretty obsessed with oils when it comes to my diet so i am ready to give it a try.

Do you think i made a mistake by stopping? I mean, i feel things wouldn't get any better...Maybe i am wrong? Putting this Isotrex on felt like putting on nothing for the last month. I don't know what went wrong, maybe it's the isotrex and the fact i left it open lots of times and it went off. But i really don't want to use it anymore.

I'll try to get azeleic acid ASAP and tell you about that.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-04-21 09.48.37.jpg
  • 2013-04-21 09.49.01.jpg

#39 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Well to me it doesnt look like you have any active spots its just red mark right? I was in a similar situations in January using Epiduo. I was on it for 6 months and only had red marks then I got frustrated the marks werent going away so I stopped and tried other things. That did not work at all for me though I started breaking out pretty bad and that when I decided to start Epiduo again. Any way thats just my story but again Im in the same situation as you regarding these red marks.. I dont know what to do.

I am interested in what you end up doing though.

#40 ADreamer

ADreamer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well to me it doesnt look like you have any active spots its just red mark right? I was in a similar situations in January using Epiduo. I was on it for 6 months and only had red marks then I got frustrated the marks werent going away so I stopped and tried other things. That did not work at all for me though I started breaking out pretty bad and that when I decided to start Epiduo again. Any way thats just my story but again Im in the same situation as you regarding these red marks.. I dont know what to do.

I am interested in what you end up doing though.

Yes, week 13 i didn't have any active spots, you're right. Now, since i am not using this anymore, i already got a couple of new spots..

What my skin looks like now:It's mostly just little bumps and blackheads, these won't go away with tretinoin also red marks are still the same..which i hate because fading of the red marks and getting rid of unexplainable bumps and blackheads is mostly why i started using it!! before retin a and isotrex my skin was pretty nice with a couple of spots and red marks. and now this is such a disappointment because firstly it really broke me out and made my skin awful and then it never even took it to where it was before. my skin is worse then when i started!

i am sorry to hear you have the same problem as me, i know how it feels. it makes you feel like you still have horrible face with severe acne..

but i don't really give up, and neither should you! smile.png so i'll report here what i'll end up doing.

one minute after lol i already decided! i got my prescription today for az.acid so i'll pick it up in friday and start using it right away. along with even healthier diet, lots of water, even more exercise(if this is even possible since i am always moving one or the other way), OCM, sunscreen, turmeric. that's about it.

have a nice day guys i hope my diary doesn't discourage you...:/ every skin is different!

Edited by ADreamer, 30 April 2013 - 02:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users