Photo

On Progesterone Want To Stop Spiro Help!

spiro

3 replies to this topic

#1 Artichoke1

Artichoke1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm hoping I have finally found my cure in progesterone. I am still taking 50mg of spiro a day. I want to stop taking it. What will happen? Will I stay feminine? Will I start to look manly and ugly again? Is progesterone going to cure all my problems?!!
I had symptoms of estrogen dominance this whole time and didn't know.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm hoping I have finally found my cure in progesterone. I am still taking 50mg of spiro a day. I want to stop taking it. What will happen? Will I stay feminine? Will I start to look manly and ugly again? Is progesterone going to cure all my problems?!!
I had symptoms of estrogen dominance this whole time and didn't know.

From what I understand progesterone regulates both estrogens and androgens, so if you are using progesterone appropriately (on days 12-26 of your cycle if you're pre-menopausal) and you have figured out a good dose (not too low to be ineffective, not so high that you get symptoms of excess progesterone), you may be able to stop using the spiro. You won't become more "manly"...like I said it's supposed to regulate androgens.

There's a member by the name of "hearts" on here who had great success with progesterone if you want to try to talk to her.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 Artichoke1

Artichoke1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Update: I stopped taking spiro about 5 days ago and everything seems fine. I did get a few zits but I put progesterone cream on them and they went away or healed quickly. I have also had some sexual dreams. Those are fun! I will update again after a while. So far so good. 

#4 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Ha! When I was on progesterone suppositories in my first trimester of pregnancy I was having the most vivid sex dreams! I do think it's because the progesterone was having an androgenic effect though - as that is what controls sex drive in addition to acne. I was breaking out quite badly then also. Hopefully you'll have different results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users