23 replies to this topic

#21 paulxdragon

paulxdragon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

do any of your acne scar?

Nope, scarring has never been an issue for me, none of my acne has ever left even the remotest scar. However, my red marks tend to linger longer than usual.

>Hi Paul,

I'm also from New Zealand and I feel as if we have the exact same problem. Everything you've described in your logs are the same as me. My face is clear, however I only get acne on my chest and neck. I started oratane 21 days ago and just yesterday, I had a major break out on my chest. However my diet is pretty clean and I don't drink. I'm on 20mg a day and your logs are very encouraging. Could you please give me some advice and tips? I get the red acne too, do they scar after they go? Is it bad to pop them?

Thanks

Hey man, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one in New Zealand who suffers from just chest and neck acne (it's the worst isn't it?). My advice to you is to stick with the tane no matter what, and don't overtake your dose like I did (for some reason, I feel this screwed up my progress). I also suggest that you don't use acne washes or topical creams, just let your skin be itself. Wash with an antibacterial soap maybe 2-3 times a week, but gently.

If you follow this guideline and just stick the treatment out until the end, you will be overjoyed with the results, just like I am now, I haven't had a zit in close to 3 weeks now, and the ones I did have are now all healed.

And just a reminder, some people on this forum see results after the first 4 months, for me, it's taken a lot longer, it's just about being patient, the medicine works for EVERYONE, you just need to give it TIME.

Day 222

All of my acne has now either healed or gone away, I think I'm now finally in the clear, which is great because I've got a triple 21s't coming up in 2 weeks, and can't wait to get my drink on and have a good time. I am now at 130mg/kg, of course I will still be taking Oratane well past my 150mg/kg goal, as my doctor has prescribed me for at least another 3 months, and quite frankly, I don't find the side effects that annoying.

what diet do you consume?

I wouldn't say I really have a "diet" as I eat when I'm hungry, I don't eat breakfast and I don't even eat lunch on most occasions, I just eat when I take my pill. I am a student, and so I don't have much money to live on... the food I eat is mostly healthy, I try to stay away from fizzy drinks and buy orange juice or cranberry juice instead... I would say some of the major foods I consume are rolls from the bakery (consisting of fried chicken, lettuce, carrot, cheese and mayo), pumpkin soup (home made), and a lot of bread. This is basically (as boring as it sounds), my "diet".

The myth of whether diet has anything to do with acne is most likely not true, HOWEVER, I have noticed that whenever I consume ANYTHING caffeinated I will get pimples only on my upper lip, and I'm sure this is to do with caffeine, because otherwise I never get acne on my face.

I hope this answers your question.

#22 paulxdragon

paulxdragon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Day 235

Acne continues to improve, haven't had a pimple in almost a month which is exciting news, however, tomorrow I will be drinking a shitload, due to having a triple 21st party to go to, we'll see how things go after that.

I'm now at 139mg/kg

Edited by paulxdragon, 20 June 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#23 paulxdragon

paulxdragon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Day 249

Woke up this morning rocking 1 new small pimple on the back of my neck (most likely due to consuming junk food, and only junk food over the course of 1 and a half weeks now... chocolate, chips, fizzy drink, fried chips, you name it, I ate it). Anyway, other than that I have been acne free, though the one pimple on the right side of my neck that has been healing for some time, is still healing as it has been for almost a month now.

I am now at about 148mg/kg.

Edited by paulxdragon, 03 July 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#24 paulxdragon

paulxdragon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Just like a mega late update, I finished my course at 10 months in I believe and have been relatively acne free, I had a VERY mild breakout of 2-3 pimples about 3 weeks after ending my accutane course, but now everything's great! - I will add, however, that I still have some red marks that are taking their time to fade, but they're only visible for about 3 hours after I shower. I've noticed that not showering has greatly improved the condition of my skin as well. I think it's the over use of products and the showering daily that causes acne, just let your skin be itself, sometimes I don't shower for 3 days, despite sweating it out at the gym for an hour every day and then walking 5k's home in the heat my skin still looks great, if not better than when I do shower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users