Photo

all Green Tea stuff here....

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:10 PM

there are too many topics about green tea flooding the board so i thought i'd make this topic for posts about green tea only! let the others die down so this will be the only one. i think it'll help clean out the boards of all the green tea posts. lemme know what you think!

#2 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:22 PM

OK I have a question for everyone on green tea. How did the idea that green tea helps prevent acne get started? Was there a scientific study that found green tea a useful treatment? If so, did it offer an explanation as to why it helps? Or did somebody just start drinking green tea and found it helped prevent acne? I understand that green tea contains antioxidants which promote good health, but I don't recall ever reading that anitoxidants are specifically recommended to treat acne.

#3 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(SteveBrown @ Oct 8 2004, 08:22 PM)
OK I have a question for everyone on green tea. How did the idea that green tea helps prevent acne get started? Was there a scientific study that found green tea a useful treatment? If so, did it offer an explanation as to why it helps? Or did somebody just start drinking green tea and found it helped prevent acne? I understand that green tea contains antioxidants which promote good health, but I don't recall ever reading that anitoxidants are specifically recommended to treat acne.

View Post

Alot of people have heard about green tea and decided to research green tea.

Also i'll put one question to death

Q:Does acne improve when drinking green tea?
A:OH HELL YES!!!!!
Life is all about living!

#4 funkybuddha528

funkybuddha528

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

how much should i be drinking?

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:57 PM

I did a post about teas about a week ago. While it wasn't specifically about green tea, it was about hte alternatives(I've written too many posts just about green tea). I've been drinking green tea since i was little and have branched off into other teas the past 5 or so years. Anyway, my consensus is that if you want the best benefits drink white tea(if you can get some that's affordable), as it has everything green does but in higher quantities.

If you want the highest antioxidants than drink rooibos tea. Rooibos has SOD, which is extremely potent. However green tea and white tea also have tons of antioxidants and other benefits so they are still recommended over rooibos. Cocoa has even more antioxidants than green tea.

If you want to lower your cholesterol, improve fat metabolization(some say related to acne), then the best bet buy far is Pu-Erh tea. It's hard to get and comes in hundreds of varieties and is usally really old. Oh ya, you grate the stuff in your tea like parmesean in pasta. This tea works better at lowering cholesterol and raising good cholesterol than any medication tested. Green tea and white tea also do a good job with this.

To get the recommended anounts of phenols drink 2-3 cups of good green tea a day. 1 cup of white tea. With rooibos or pu-erh I'm not sure how much to drink but if you want to lower cholesterol and such, 1-2 cups of pu-erh a day will do it.

Finally there is green tea powder. It's the best as you actually ingest the tea leaves. It's very very expensive. I'm wondering what makes it so expensive though. Perhapse you could just grind up your loose leaf into a powder, or better yet, grind up your white tea. Anyway I'll look into that and get back to you(I know a few tea distributors and I'll ask what's so special).

#6 tehoterone

tehoterone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:26 PM

Newbie here, but I was wondering if there is caffeine in green tea, and if so wouldn't the caffeine have an adverse effect on your skin because its dehydrating?

Also is a green tea and normal tea mix be as good/better/worse than green tea by itself?

Thanx well in advance for any replies.

#7 MB1983

MB1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:11 PM

How long after drinking green tea, will you start to see any effects on your acne?

#8 dude16

dude16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:03 PM

Another question. How much green tea should I drink daily? and Does it matter if I put a little sugar in it?