Photo
- - - - -

acne on the head

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 dmg212k3

dmg212k3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:07 PM

Over the last year I have has white heads and red spots all over my scalp.
Does anyone know what these are and what i can do to help it.
Im in a sales job and people see this and its isnt good.
Also it doesnt just come when i have a hair cut or things like that it hapens all the time.
thanks

#2 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:23 AM

I would see a dermatologist for a for sure diagnosis.Salicylic acid is good for many scalp conditions. Scalpacin is a good product and has salicylic acid, and it is not too expensive.Is it possible you have an allergy to a hair care product or a hair product you're using is clogging your pores? I get breakouts in my hairline at times, so I keep conditioner use to a minimum, and very little styling stuff. I work in a restaurant, so health codes require my hair to be up which keeps my haircare simple. I hope you get some relief, The Apple.

#3 werd

werd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:37 PM

let your hair grow out and thicken... screw it no one sees mine... not much you can do man.... any acne product is bleaching and i dont think anyone wants to use it on their head

#4 werd

werd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:38 PM

just dont wear caps maybe? try to not be in conditions that would cause you to sweat... im a head sweater myself

#5 Guest_Me2JustLikeYou_*

Guest_Me2JustLikeYou_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:19 PM

I am sorry to say this and no offense to anyone but it sounds like herpes. The only real way to know is talk with your doctor about it and get tested straight away. Deal with it and do not let denial and shame keep you from leading a normal life. It's common

http://www.dermatlas.org

#6 Guest_Me2JustLikeYou_*

Guest_Me2JustLikeYou_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:02 PM

In addition to what i've already said I should stress that anyone with suspicious acne, rash, bumps, itch (acne does not itch but herpes does!), and discomfort anywhere on their body especially their head, hands, feet, groin and butt should call their family doctor and speak with them about it. It's confidential! You can trust a doctor with any information! Have yourself tested at no matter what age you are even if you have never had sex. I'm not trying to scare anyone or make fun of anyone. Don't be ashamed.

As for haircuts... ask your doctor and they will tell you that a hairstylist will wear gloves while cutting someones hair and they will be discrete and keep a person with a contagious health condition a secret.

*someone in this forum should write up a sticky about suspicious rashes and what if it's not acne but something else...

#7 deville

deville

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:46 PM

I know it's smelly, but I use tea tree oil on my scalp...I get these irritating whiteheads, but the tto has totally dried them out. I usually apply the oil when I know that I'll be home studying all day, cause the smell really lingers in the hair, and then I just wash it off at night.

#8 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:31 AM

If you can't tolerate the TTO smell, emu oil does quite well as a substitute.I can't tolerate that smell at all.Certain smells trigger my migraines and that is one of them.