Photo

Daily 40% Lactic Acid Peel?

chemical peel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 wrongtiming

wrongtiming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't use it on my entire face. I've had it for about a month now, (from MUAC), and the first 3 weeks I used it twice a week as recommended. The past few days though, I've been doing it daily. My skin never has a negative reaction to it...it hardly stings when I use it. I use it only on one spot, which is the huge embarassing scar right in the middle of my forehead. I desperately need to get rid of this scar within a month before I go on spring break (the first week of march).

I have also been using Neutrogena's fight & fade toner on it twice daily for about 5 days now (it has glycolic acid), along with 4% hydroquinone.

I hate this. :(((

http://imgur.com/K2M3aRv,MMggIuW

Is it okay to use chemical peels daily if my skin isn't that sensitive to it? I haven't had a breakout in months.

The scar is a few months old. The top part, though, the dark circle at the top is about a week old...

#2 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

You know, I've actually been kind of wondering the same thing about lactic acid peels. I don't want to do one everyday, but they seem so incredibly gentle. The girl I heard about them from says that they make her face peel for a few days after each peel and that has never happened to me! I'm using the 50% one from Perfect Image. It makes my face a teeny bit red after but no real irritation and my acne just goes down and down during the following week after each peel. It's pretty amazing stuff. My skin hasn't looked this good in so long.

The weird thing is, I've never done any sort of peel before this. So you'd think my skin would be super sensitive to it. The instructions say to only leave it on 30 seconds in the beginning and slowly work up to 5 minutes. I'm already at 5 minutes after only three applications and even that isn't causing any peeling! Definite improvements though. I've been debating leaving it on for 6 minutes and seeing if it will give a deeper peel.

Sorry I don't really have an answer to your question, lol. I just wanted to say that I love lactic acid and that it's great for people who have sensitive skin. My skin is sensitive to everything but not this!

#3 ifeelugly

ifeelugly

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

I don't think you should use the peel everyday it could actually burn your skin and make it worse . You need a good exfoliant to remove the dull skin . Try Paula's choice products

#4 candy100

candy100

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Terrible idea; using a lactic acid peel everyday would destroy your skin's acid mantle and make your skin more weak/sensitive.

The whole point of a peel is to get rid of dead skin cells that the human eye cannot see....you are not giving your skin the chance to renew itself if you use such a peel everyday.

Exfoliate twice a week but also PATIENCE...marks will fade in time but constantly stripping your skin is going to do you no favours.

#5 andrewbleah

andrewbleah

I'm wise.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Exfoliate daily or even twice daily with 5-8% AHA but not more then this!

Lactic acid is a gentle acid but trust me using it everyday can only do wrong.

You think other's didin't think about this ? It's useless . If you are really that inpatiet get some laser tratment done ( IPL / v-beam)

#6 summerlove9

summerlove9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Perricone md has blue plasma, a natural peel that can be used daily!!

#7 veiledxbeauty

veiledxbeauty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I don't use it on my entire face. I've had it for about a month now, (from MUAC), and the first 3 weeks I used it twice a week as recommended. The past few days though, I've been doing it daily. My skin never has a negative reaction to it...it hardly stings when I use it. I use it only on one spot, which is the huge embarassing scar right in the middle of my forehead. I desperately need to get rid of this scar within a month before I go on spring break (the first week of march).

I have also been using Neutrogena's fight & fade toner on it twice daily for about 5 days now (it has glycolic acid), along with 4% hydroquinone.

I hate this. sad.png((

http://imgur.com/K2M3aRv,MMggIuW

Is it okay to use chemical peels daily if my skin isn't that sensitive to it? I haven't had a breakout in months.

The scar is a few months old. The top part, though, the dark circle at the top is about a week old...

Hello "WrongTiming"! I use an 85% unbuffered Lactic Acid peel from Skin Beauty Solutions (can be purchased on Amazon) once every five days. During those five days my skin has time to renew itself from the inside out, but only if left alone for that period of time. That means no irritation from harsh chemicals, no matter how strong the temptation to hurry the process along. You see, the strength of the peel, both percentage and time left on, determine the results. Anything below 70% will give minor results, especially if diluted (buffered), and doing 40% daily will only disrupt the healing process (which is crucial to scar lifting). I know how frustrating it is to wait to see results when you've been plagued so long with problem skin, but in this instance, patience is key to better treatment. Good luck to you! smile.png

#8 wrongtiming

wrongtiming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

i've been using retin a + hydroquinone, and turmeric every now and then. the LA peel twice a week.  i also have a clarisonic now, and it's fading really fast now!

http://i.imgur.com/nmv2p1L.jpg