Photo

Roaccutane- Journey To Clear Skin. Edited-Pictures Added.

97 replies to this topic

#41 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Day 41

My nosebleeds have slowed right down, so I'm happy about that. My hands and arms have been sorted with hydro cream, though is starting to appear again futher up the arm. Still breaking out, & have had 2 small spots appear on chest after having nothing there for a while. My skin feels so smooth everywhere. Seen loads of people stating that in their logs and wondered how/why, now I see smile.png
Now that my nosebleeds aren't happening as much I'm pleased with it all and my minimal side effects smile.png

Edited by NoMoreDotToDot, 14 March 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#42 Rorius

Rorius

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Bit gay you're still breaking out, I've found the breakouts have almost stopped for me now, although my acne is milder.

I haven't had any rashes although I have got a bit more itchy, & where I itch I tend to wear the skin down a bit & go red.

Will all be over soon! :)

#43 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for this log....very informative and detailed.  Helps my anxiety about the possible side effects.  Your skin is looking great!  Yay!

#44 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Thanks nomo smile.png

Day 46

I haven't had a proper nose bleed in about a week now..woo! My hands and lower arms are still clear from eczema, though developed dermatitis on my upper arms now, and a patch on my tummy. Though I wouldn't say my body feels dry at all. My lips were becoming very sore, so have been applying the Aquaphor 3/4x a day and is helping it so much.

The two spots on my chest have gone, so now am completely clear again, is great smile.png My face looks a state at the moment- have 9 actives sad.png Get working on my face soon please, Roaccutane!!

I had a delivery arrive early yesterday morning, I had no make up on, I looked in the mirror debating whether I could just once answer the door to the man I would never see again. Not.a.chance! So I answered my buzzer phone praying it wouldn't need to be signed "Yes, it does need a signature". Dammit, so now I couldn't pretend I wasn't in so had to think of something fast. What was the first thing that came to mind that gave me a good enough reason to not be able to come down and collect the parcel?
"I can't come down I'm afraid...I'm feeding my baby!" My baby?! I don't even have a fricking baby! It worked though, he said he would sign it for me and leave it outside my front door! So acne has caused me to create an imaginary baby wink.png Hopefully soon enough I'll be able to answer the door make up free, without having to pop out more imaginary babies!

Edited by NoMoreDotToDot, 14 March 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#45 Rorius

Rorius

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm feeding my baby? You really are special.

I've had a bit of a breakout along my jaw, but luckily I haven't shaved for a while so I'm sporting a nice bushy beard to hide it all for the moment. I guess you can't use that one though :(

#46 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

My hands are like yours, but very dry

My hands are like yours, but very dry

#47 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

I'm feeding my baby? You really are special.

I've had a bit of a breakout along my jaw, but luckily I haven't shaved for a while so I'm sporting a nice bushy beard to hide it all for the moment. I guess you can't use that one though :(

Haha, I know I know!
Mine is around the jaw as well :( yes, I've tried the beard look before & it just didn't suit me, so that's ruled out ;) how you doing with the side effects? Still getting away with the minimum?

#48 Rorius

Rorius

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yep, still only dry lips. Just lucky I spose!

#49 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Day 53

Still breaking out a lot. My skin has been looking such a state sad.png Even been breaking out on my hair line, and after having none on my chest a few appeared but did quickly disappear. My 2 month appointment is next week, and as I haven't had a nose bleed in weeks (yay!) I'm hoping she'll bump my dose up from 40mg to 60mg now.
Side effects are only extremely dry/cracked lips, and eczema. Also, for a few weeks I've been suffering from inflamed Achilles tendons. If I sit down for a long period and then get up, I struggle to put my feet on the ground properly, and the same first thing in the morning. I had a google, and seems it can happen. Get occasional throbbing in my wrists & back, but nothing major. There's such a hype about the side effects to this drug, I thought it would be worse than it actually is, so I am pleasantly surprised! smile.png

Edited by NoMoreDotToDot, 14 March 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#50 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is this eczema/dermatitis also? It appeared on my wrist a few days ago and I'm not 100% sure. It's all raised bumps (doesn't show up well on here). Looks like a collection of mosquito bites, but it definitely isn't that (not the season for those yet here!)

image.jpg

Edited by NoMoreDotToDot, 14 March 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#51 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Looks like eczema.  I have it too.  Steroid cream helps and moisturize moisturize moisturize

#52 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

^ Thank you!

Day 59

Soo, day 59! I have my derm appointment tomorrow for my third month of the medication. Am hoping she'll raise my dosage from 40mg to 60mg. Still getting spots on my back, the odd spot here and there on my chest which disappear quickly. On my face, one day it's not too bad in terms of  actives, then the next I have a collection of them. Also keep getting under the skin spots. You can vaguely see them on the surface, but when you feel it it's all mainly underneath and painful. Is that a cyst? I have never really looked up the different types. Maybe I should. The spots are leaving behind horrid red marks which are a bugga to cover with my make up at the moment, along with the flaking which you can see in the pictures I've attached.

Side effects. Nothing much to report. The peeling lips and a cracked corner. Both eczema and dermatitis on my arms. A moan of mine though are my heels. Becoming more and more painful to walk around after sitting down, and the area is incredibly tender. With my sporting background, I've been applying what I know to try and sort it, but to no avail.

image(1).jpeg

image(2).jpeg

Why do my pictures come out sideways!?

#53 cheezycakes

cheezycakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Looks really good! All your current ones are drying up + no new ones I can see. Don't worry about the red marks; it looks like they would fade real fast with your skin type. 

#54 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Looks really good! All your current ones are drying up + no new ones I can see. Don't worry about the red marks; it looks like they would fade real fast with your skin type. 

#55 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Day 70

Whey, it's a great feeling coming back on here and seeing my last photo update and realising there's a difference to how my skin is now.

I had my Derm appointment after I posted my last update, and she upped my dosage to 60mg after taking a look closely at my face and back. She stated she doesn't think I'll need to be on it for longer than six months, and not need to go any higher.

I currently have no actives, just red marks along my jaw line (none going onto my cheeks like in the pictures above). Back is still bad but hope that clears up soon. I just hope I've now turned a corner with this treatment and finally am seeing improvements, and isn't just a good phase and then bam out of nowhere more appear.

Since upping it to 60mg my skin on my face is just peeling as if I've been sunburnt. Today I couldn't put foundation on (just concealer) because of this. My lips just look awful. Through out the treatment so far I've just had one side that's cracked, but the other one has now too. The skin on my lips which is peeling off is peeling all around the outline of my mouth too. I put on Aquaphor religiously, but it's just not cutting it anymore. Anyone got any other recommendations?

Also my arms and hands look a state from the dermatits, and my heels are still pretty painful.

But despite the side effects, it's totally worth it and am just focusing on the long term rather than the short term. rolleyes.gif

#56 everythingthatshimmers

everythingthatshimmers

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

My dermatologist suggested hydrocortisone ointment but it can only be used once a day or once every other day. There is also Dr. Dan's Cortibalm which has cortisone in it but it hasn't made much difference for me. Good luck!

#57 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

My dermatologist suggested hydrocortisone ointment but it can only be used once a day or once every other day. There is also Dr. Dan's Cortibalm which has cortisone in it but it hasn't made much difference for me. Good luck!

Thank you, I'll look into it!

Had to add pictures as chuffed with progress!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by NoMoreDotToDot, 02 April 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#58 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

im so jealous how come your marks faded so quickly

#59 NoMoreDotToDot

NoMoreDotToDot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

im so jealous how come your marks faded so quickly

To be honest, I have no idea. Especially considering my last pictures were taken 11 days ago and my red marks normally stick around for months. Surely it wouldn't of been the jump from 40mg to 60mg? Though my back is still the same with the red marks. Only different thing I do with my face is use the Cocoa Butter? hhmmm...

Edited by NoMoreDotToDot, 02 April 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#60 omgmike4

omgmike4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Looks good. Improving a lot. I also just switched from 40mg to 60mg. :dD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users