Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accutane And Metabolism

5 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm a 'survivor' of accutane (roaccutane in Australia). I suffered minimal side effects - dry eyes, sore joints etc when on it - 10 months in 2002, can't remember the dosage.

I was thankful for what it did for my skin, and my confidence. (Huge cystic acne that started at age 20) I always thought that the outcome of better skin outweighed the side effects that I got. Except for the 30 kilogram weight gain.

Until now.......I am on the constant struggle to lose and maintain a healthy weight. I'm a healthy active female and find it so difficult to lose weight, whereas before accutane I had no issues.

What I would love to know, has anyone else noticed a possible effect on their previously healthy metabolism after the use of accutane? What about your immune system?

Thanks for your time :)

Katie

Never heard of the 2 being related but I guess its possible. I developed facial sweating from Accutane and my acne returned. I think I would rather just have gain some weight..

Hi! I'm a 'survivor' of accutane (roaccutane in Australia). I suffered minimal side effects - dry eyes, sore joints etc when on it - 10 months in 2002, can't remember the dosage.

I was thankful for what it did for my skin, and my confidence. (Huge cystic acne that started at age 20) I always thought that the outcome of better skin outweighed the side effects that I got. Except for the 30 kilogram weight gain.

Until now.......I am on the constant struggle to lose and maintain a healthy weight. I'm a healthy active female and find it so difficult to lose weight, whereas before accutane I had no issues.

What I would love to know, has anyone else noticed a possible effect on their previously healthy metabolism after the use of accutane? What about your immune system?

Thanks for your time smile.png

Katie

1 person likes this

Yes I've had those tested and they are all okay. Not sure what else might be a factor? Getting older maybe? I'm 31 these days ;)

Well yea, metabolism decreases throughout life afaik.

I've read a bit of accutane-related info but I have never seen lower metabolism iirc.

Do you work out? Training uses calories and also increases metabolism