76 replies to this topic

#41 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

yeah its been a few weeks thinking about doin it this weekend ...maybe next..

I would just pick a small area and test it out. Dont do it all over. Retin-a has a tendency to thin out the skin and make it more fragile. Seriously be careful I used retin-a 4 a loong time.

#42 twitchz

twitchz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

so what products are you using besides retin-a. Any vitamin C or A? Do you continue using retin-a the night after rolling as well? Lastly did you get a script to buy retin-a or did you just get it online if so can you hook it up =D?

#43 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

i haven't rolled since i've started using retin a ...i got the vit c powder from owndoc i use in the morning wash off after a hour or so ...retin a every night ... alldaychemist has retin a for 4$ a tube ...

#44 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

here is a higher res picture showing the diff in 7 months ...retin a 0.1 is a miracle worker for me everyday my face gets smoother ...its even eating away alot of the bigger pores and pits that were on my face ...i honestly don't even mind the huge craters i'll work on them with needling but removing all that sundamaged lumpy layered skin is awesome!

newfaces_zps6bb99e7e.jpg

#45 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Rob: If you have prior sun damage, I would recommend that you consider doing a 25 percent TCA peel. Using Retin-A is a good primer for that type of peel. Both Retin-A and peels have made my skin look a lot better. You are showing some great improvement - some of the best that I've seen posted on this site. Matt

#46 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

i have horid sun damage ...went to work in construction out of hs at 18 and never wore sun block on top of cystic acne ...matt u are my savior i feel so much better!

matt what is ur recomendation for a peel?

#47 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Rob: I would wait until the irritation from the Retin-A has subsided before you attempt a 25 percent TCA peel. This is a medium depth peel and it will remove a tremendous amount of visible sun damage that you might have. You'll need a good five days to recover and you'll want to stay secluded indoors out of the sun. This peel burns like crazy and your face will tighten up and wrinkle while the outer layer of your skin prepares to peel. Your skin will peel off in sheets and the underlying skin is pink and vibrant looking. Collagen deposition and remodeling starts over the next several weeks/ months. Sunscreen will need to be worn to prevent hyper pigmentation. Can't wait to see your photos in six months. Matt

#48 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

yeah thats gonna be hard for me to do ...the retin a is working like a peel just slowly right matt? its basically acid eating away the old skin? i used a facial scrub today after the steam room and applied a vitamin e lotion i got at the dollar tree ...u can really see how the retin a is removing wrinkles as well ...
also ...matt next time i needle did u say to apply retin a after needling that night? i normally use lotion
also its ok to apply the vitamin e lotion then after it drys a sunscreen ?

notice around my eye the wrinkles are dissapearing the right pic was taking today after the scrub the left pic yesterday

eye_zps1ba3498a.jpg

#49 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I apply vitamin E oil at night to my face after applying Retin-A.

In the morning, I apply the Reviva Labs product following by sunscreen.

By doing so, I have antioxidants and vitamins which stimulate collagen production 24 hours a day on my face.

Yes, I apply the Retin-A to my face after rolling. It allows the medicine to penetrate much deeper into my skin.

So far, so good.

Matt

Edited by mr. matt, 10 February 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#50 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

thats awesome ...so retin a and vitamin e after rolling also ....what kinda tca would you recomend for me ?

#51 twitchz

twitchz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

hey mr matt which reviva products did you use and where did you get the vitamin e? I currently have micro retina pump prescribed by the my dermatologist. I had 3 sessions of PDT and to be honest it helps a little, but not by much. If you ask me he just wants more money. Rob your results look great I'm gonna continue taking retin - a for as long as I can, and dermaroll once a month and see if that gets me the results I want. 

#52 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

what is pdt ...he reviva labs vit e is from vitacost i think i ordered some too ...haven't use it yet because i'm still using the powder which i mix strong ...the retin a is a must that i'm gonna use for the rest of my life ...if you go to owndoc you can see a youtube video of a 70yo man that uses derma roller and uses retin a and he look 30yo! he swears by retin a

#53 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

hey mr matt which reviva products did you use and where did you get the vitamin e? I currently have micro retina pump prescribed by the my dermatologist. I had 3 sessions of PDT and to be honest it helps a little, but not by much. If you ask me he just wants more money. Rob your results look great I'm gonna continue taking retin - a for as long as I can, and dermaroll once a month and see if that gets me the results I want. 

I buy the Vitamin E oil from a store called Trader Joe's.  It's really inexpensive and it lasts for months.

I purchase a topical cream containing Ester C, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and DMAE from Reviva Labs and sold at www.vitacost.com.  It's really inexpensive and I RARELY ever recommend any type of product.  I'm on sold on this one - my skin looks great.

RVL13772-2.jpg

Gentlemen, this product is FRAGRANCE-FREE and you won't smell like a flower if you use it.

Using topical vitamins a, c, and e (ACE) is your 'ace' in the hold, in my opinion, when it comes to skin care.  Vitamins A & C  promote collagen development (C is an antioxidant, too) and Vitamin E is a moisturizing antioxidant.

My family and friends have all mentioned how good my skin looks..  I encourage you to do your own research.

I've found that topical Vitamins A,C,E used in conjunction with dermarolling are a POWERFUL combination - especially is used with subcision for those of you with rolling scars.

Matt

#54 twitchz

twitchz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

hey dude pdt is photodynamic therapy, its for sun damage skin, acne, and acne scars. It did well for my acne, but for scars it didn't help much. I rolled last night and applied micro retina so far so good, Seems to me retin - a works better for me than pdt, cost me a lot for those treatments too. Hey how frequent do you think I should be rolling I have a .5 mm I believe its the smallest one. You know if you can get that vitamin c from whole foods? 

#55 LemonJimmy

LemonJimmy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

So Vitamin Cl_rv-1187.png

Vitamin E: Now what type of Vitamin E product do you use? would something like this work? http://www.walgreens...6145149-product If not, what do you recommend?

Retin A: https://www.alldaych...-a-ret-01-.html : is that what your using? or is it the cream?

Thanks, Jimmy

Edited by LemonJimmy, 12 February 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#56 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

i actually got a big tube of vitamin e lotion at the dollar tree/store lol that i apply all the time because my skin is more irritated from using the retin a at night ...anyway the vitamin e makes my skin so soft and i swear it smooths it out ...like matt said ....vitamin c mornings the vitamin e all day moisterizer its great!

#57 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

matt

is it ok to use a steam room daily while using retin a ?
when i apply the vitamin c cream it is really greasy and shiny what do you do about that ? wait a few minutes then wipe off ?

#58 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Rob: I haven't had any problems doing so. The Reviva Labs product will eventually absorb into your skin and you loose the shiny look. Matt

#59 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

faces_zpsa0a89b36.jpg

#60 goood

goood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hy Rob,

You made a great progress, are you still rolling?

what brand of roller do you use?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users