76 replies to this topic

#21 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

thanks and yes i think last night was 4th or 5 night in a row and today my skin is beet red on fire ...i think i'll not use it tonight ...anyway i've been needling my skin for 6 months and just started retin a 0.1 and vit c mornings ...

#22 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

matt do you use retin a every night?

Yes, I typically apply Retin-A every night before I go to sleep.

I'm concerned that you purchased yours online.  Did you have a prescription?

Retin-A can irritate your skin, but I never had this type of reaction.  I hope that you're using the real stuff and not something manufactured overseas.

Just a bit concerned for you, Rob.

Matt

#23 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

yeah i got it online ...the vit c actually burns when i apply it also i mix it ...i may have to make it not as strong next time ..does ur face never peel from the retin a matt?

#24 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

yeah i got it online ...the vit c actually burns when i apply it also i mix it ...i may have to make it not as strong next time ..does ur face never peel from the retin a matt?

Sometimes, Retin-A use will result in visible peeling on my face, but it is rare.

I do know that it is causing cell turnover and producing collagen because my skin looks very healthy today;I have not always been able to say that.

Yesterday, I saw my younger brother who said to me, "You're skin looks so smooth and you keep looking younger and younger."

I attribute this success to all of the subcision treatments I've had along with the chemical peels, dermarolling, topical cream, and fruit smoothies. Combined, they have all resulted in significant collagen development and a huge reduction in the appearance of my scarring.

I hope that your skin calms down soon. Don't forget to wear your sunscreen-you need to protect your investment.

#25 HopeJ1245

HopeJ1245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think I'm going to go ahead and try the reviva vitamin c cream since @polecat said it didn't cause a breakout. It's just that when you're very acne prone anything that lists oil as an ingredient can be scary.

#26 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

i'm using roc 30spf all day moisterizer but its not enough using aloe vera on top of that ...its still red lol goin to not use the retin a for a few days

#27 pumpkin21

pumpkin21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

my skin is on fire after 4 nights of retin a 0.1 use ...i gotta take a night off from it!

Is that the same strength as 10,000 IU/100gm??

#28 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

i have no idea man ...i can look on the tube? google it

0.1 is pretty strong stuff

#29 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

matt i have some like razor bumps around my jaw that are being tough to get rid of so far with the retin a ...would u recommend tazorac ? isn't it stronger then retin a 0.1 ....btw people who want smaller pores use retin a ...my strawberry nose is getting better and better using it

#30 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm not sure; you may want to consult with an MD to get the wisest council. Matt

#31 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Rob I would def. continue using Vit c sreum, retin-a, and of course a good sunscreen/sun block. I have skin similar to yours...porous skin,sun damage. It will take a lot of patience and many months of continous use but eventually you will notice an improvement in skin texture/tone. However, it will never get rid of your scarring. For that, maybe for you, fillers/laser might be your best option. Not to sure though as scarring is particularly hard to treat.

#32 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

yeah the scars will get there attention when i remove all the bad skin around them ...i have years of sun damaged skin i'm trying to get rid of ...thanks!

btw how often do u use retin a 0.1 ?

#33 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

i'm washing the vitamin c off about an hour after applying ...it burns too....anyway alot of people on here asking about ways to get rid of pores on nose....i use to have a worse strawberry nose then a 70yo man and its gett better ever day ....this pic is 7 months apart the one on the left is even brighter lighting u can tell by the hair color and the scars and pits look alot worse ...the retin a is improving my skin everyday ...i can't wait to get a few months into using it

newface_zpscfbd56ad.jpg

#34 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

i'm washing the vitamin c off about an hour after applying ...it burns too....anyway alot of people on here asking about ways to get rid of pores on nose....i use to have a worse strawberry nose then a 70yo man and its gett better ever day ....this pic is 7 months apart the one on the left is even brighter lighting u can tell by the hair color and the scars and pits look alot worse ...the retin a is improving my skin everyday ...i can't wait to get a few months into using it

newface_zpscfbd56ad.jpg

Wow!  What an improvement.  I think that you'll be amazed that between the topical Vitamin A and Vitamin C, you'll see steady improvement over the course of time.  I also apply Vitamin E oil on my face at night over the Retin-A.

Vitamins, A, C, E are what I call the complexion 'trifecta'.  It's a terrific combination of antioxidants which improve the appearance of your skin.

Thanks for posting your photos, Rob!

We can all learn from one another's experiences.

Matt

#35 John96

John96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm 16 with huge pores on my cheek and nose. I was wondering if it would be safe for me to use the stuff you used to get rid of my huge pores??? any risk in causing permanent damage to my skin? 

#36 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

if u do i'd start out with something real weak bc u have such young skin .02 or somin

#37 twitchz

twitchz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

hey man, I think you're results are remarkable. How frequent were you rolling and what was your regimen if you don't mind me asking. 

#38 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

i have rolled 10-12 times in about 7 months but prolly only once in the last two months ...it slowed down due to work ...i would try to roll on friday nights so i could stay out of the sun for a couple of days ...my skin would be really red because i rolled pretty hard ...my skin was tough ...but honestly the biggest difference has come from starting retin a about a week ago ...its amazing how much better it looks after removing the damaged skin ...i'll prolly have to roll alot softer now because my skin feels softer ...i also used single needles on the pits and dermastamp on the craters and then rolled the entire area ...i used 2 mm which is also the deepest u can go ...honestly i would start retin a for a lil while then roll maybe a month into it

#39 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

i have rolled 10-12 times in about 7 months but prolly only once in the last two months ...it slowed down due to work ...i would try to roll on friday nights so i could stay out of the sun for a couple of days ...my skin would be really red because i rolled pretty hard ...my skin was tough ...but honestly the biggest difference has come from starting retin a about a week ago ...its amazing how much better it looks after removing the damaged skin ...i'll prolly have to roll alot softer now because my skin feels softer ...i also used single needles on the pits and dermastamp on the craters and then rolled the entire area ...i used 2 mm which is also the deepest u can go ...honestly i would start retin a for a lil while then roll maybe a month into it

i would deff be more careful with rolling now that your on retin-a

#40 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

yeah its been a few weeks thinking about doin it this weekend ...maybe next..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users