76 replies to this topic

#1 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

i can't send you a message your inbox is full but when is the best time to use the vit c and retin a cream ? do you use it after rolling or needling ?

#2 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Rob:

Sorry that my inbox is full.

I use a topical Vitamin C cream from Reviva Labs every morning and then apply sunscreen to my face.

I can't recommend this product enough - it contains a powerful antioxidant called alpha-lipoic acid which Dr. Perracone recommends for acne scarring along with a skin tightening agent called DMAE.

I apply Retin-A each evening and then put on vitamin E e-mail from Trader Joe's - another powerful antioxidant and natural moisturizer.

I also apply these products each time that I dermaroll to ensure better penetration.

The last time that I saw my dermatologist last year he asked me if I was using a serum of some type on my skin and I told him about this product.  Fairly inexpensive and it lasts a long time.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Matt

#3 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

thanks ...i didn't think about the vit e cream and i'll good the vit c ...i just ordered the powder from sara and mixed my own ..

#4 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

matt what type of sunscreen do you use and is this the type of cream?
RVL13772-2.jpg

#5 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yes, this is exactly what I use on my face every morning. It's low cost and has the antioxidants your skin needs long with the Ester C to build collagen. I highly recommend this product which is something that I rarely ever do. I switch between Neutragena and Banana Boat broad spectrum sunscreens. Matt

#6 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

so is the retin a cream basically a type of acid or peel ? i think that'll help my skin alot ...and can you buy the vitamin c cream anywhere or do you have to order it?

#7 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm going to try this but i was wondering if the cream negates the need for a vitamin c serum?  I use a diy serum at the moment but should i stop using this if i'm going to use the cream?  I don't want to over do it.  As for where to order it from i just ordered mine on amazon.  

#8 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

my skin is on fire after 4 nights of retin a 0.1 use ...i gotta take a night off from it!

#9 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

so is the retin a cream basically a type of acid or peel ? i think that'll help my skin alot ...and can you buy the vitamin c cream anywhere or do you have to order it?

Retin-A can cause peeling and it can create collagen because it is a derivative of Vitamin A.

I order the Reviva Lab cream at vitacost.com.

I'm going to try this but i was wondering if the cream negates the need for a vitamin c serum?  I use a diy serum at the moment but should i stop using this if i'm going to use the cream?  I don't want to over do it.  As for where to order it from i just ordered mine on amazon.  

I used to make my own vitamin c serum, but my wife pointed out to me that it was making our pillow cases turn yellow - a sign of oxidation.

My dermatologist whom I highly respect advises against making your own vitamin c serum for this very reason - it can oxidize and create problems for your skin.

I wouldn't use more than one type of Vitamin C serum on your face each day - it may be too irritating.

#10 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Retin-A can cause peeling and it can create collagen because it is a derivative of Vitamin A.

I order the Reviva Lab cream at vitacost.com.

>I'm going to try this but i was wondering if the cream negates the need for a vitamin c serum?  I use a diy serum at the moment but should i stop using this if i'm going to use the cream?  I don't want to over do it.  As for where to order it from i just ordered mine on amazon.  

I used to make my own vitamin c serum, but my wife pointed out to me that it was making our pillow cases turn yellow - a sign of oxidation.

My dermatologist whom I highly respect advises against making your own vitamin c serum for this very reason - it can oxidize and create problems for your skin.

I wouldn't use more than one type of Vitamin C serum on your face each day - it may be too irritating.

That's interesting to know, my pillowcases turn yellow too but i didn't realise it meant it was oxidizing.  I'll try just using the Reviva Lab one. 

#11 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

matt i honestly can't believe how much better my skin is looking allready ...its even getting rid of the large pores!

the lighting is a lil differerent but the pic on the left is today and the one on the right is last june b4 i started rolling ...but the use of retin a and vitamin c in the last week is really making the diff i wish i had started using it when i started rolling!

meep_zpsbb0c5294.jpg

Edited by Rob_X_22, 30 January 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#12 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Congratulations on your recent success. I've found that other creams/serums I've used didn't do anything. I believe that the DMAE in this product actually helps tighten your skin while the Vitamin C works to develop collagen. Dr. Perracone claims that alpha-lipoic acid effectively works on acne scars. When you apply this product after dermarolling, it soaks in and begins to do its job. Your skin is definitely improving.

#13 HopeJ1245

HopeJ1245

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

It doesn't break you out Matt? The ingredients include soybean oil and vegetable oil. As someone with acne- prone skin I'm not sure I would use that.

#14 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

i had alot of white capsule looking things around the back of my jaw from cystic acne and there dissapearing as well...i'm using the vitamin c powder i got from sara mat that you mix and i can only leave it on around an hour its really potent ...the reviva labs stuff should be here friday

#15 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hi Rob,
I ordered this product by the recommendation of Mr Matt. I've been using it for approx 4 weeks now and have not had any problems with breakouts.

#16 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hi Rob,
I ordered this product by the recommendation of Mr Matt. I've been using it for approx 4 weeks now and have not had any problems with breakouts.

you are using retin a ? BTW i found a website where u can get retin a for 3$ thats alot cheaper then anything else i've found ...pm me if u want the addy

Edited by Rob_X_22, 31 January 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#17 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

here is the other side of my face
meeep_zpsbcfdd577.jpg

#18 Rob_X_22

Rob_X_22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

matt do you use retin a every night?

#19 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Ide use the retin-a every night personally. But scale back of im getting too red. Skins lookin good bro

#20 scarfaces

scarfaces

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Hey there Rob...great Job. bro..your skin definitely looks great...and its indeed improving...may i know what are are treatments you are using?

Edited by scarfaces, 02 February 2013 - 02:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users