2 replies to this topic

#1 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2004 - 04:28 PM

I've read a lot about this being beneficial for your skin, and how it can be used in various ways to treat many skin conditions - acne included.

I've started taking Wormwood & Barberry plus capsules (3 daily), which contain the Grapefruit Seed Extract, and am waiting for something called Citricidal to be delivered to me tomorrow, which can be taken orally or topically.

Haven't noticed anything from the capsules yet, but I've been informed that they're similar to probiotics and are anti-fungal as well - so far the only observation I've got of them is that they taste quite nice on your tongue (quite strange, but nice all the same), and fizz in your stomach. lol.gif Only been taking them a week though, so perhaps too early to notice much. And they were quite expensive as well, so hopefully something will happen!

Anyone got any experience/knowledge/opinions on this kind of product?

#2 pbear8

pbear8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:10 AM

Any luck yet with the capsules?

I've only taken it topically....used it in combination with my cleanser (Tea tree), but didn't really notice much of a difference.

#3 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:50 AM

I've actually stopped taking them for a bit - to experiment with something at least.

I read from quite a few places that it's not recommended you take them if you're on oxytetracycyline, as it interacts and makes the antibiotics less effective. Not sure if anybody can back me up on this?

Should've read up on it before paying out for the capsules, but hey..

I suffered from a lot more breakouts than normal since taking them, so am stopping for a while, just to check.

Also, I'm using something called Citricidal topically, which contains Grapefruit Seed Extract, which hasn't had any difference - yet. I'll keep trying with that though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users