#201 bidgood

bidgood

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/B0083XMUUE

Seems like a great way to boost your levels without having your liver do so much work.  A lot of us have compromised livers anyway, and perhaps that's tied into why we have low Vit D levels to begin with, even though we're supplementing.  Wishclean, these may work for you, if you can't tolerate oral supplements at all.  I'm going to get my levels tested soon and then try these, if I find that I'm deficient(and I most likely am).  Getting sufficient Magnesium(organic/chelated) and Vitamin K2(MK4) could also be a huge part of this puzzle too.

I think it's interesting that when we're deficient in Vit D, we're given large amounts of Vit D2 to correct the deficiency, but this still leaves us with low Vit D3, which is what really matters in the end.  So almost everyone who is diagnosed as deficient... is still deficient in the end.  I'm interested in seeing what kind of results we'd be getting if our Vit D3 and blood Magnesium levels were up to snuff, while we supplemented with a bit of MK4 and Zinc(just a little) to properly utilize the D3.

I think there really is something to the Vitamin D3, but I think we should be more dilligent about how we go about raising our levels, making sure they're actually getting raised, and making sure we have other vitamins and minerals that we need to use the D3 to begin with.

#202 sonicx2218

sonicx2218

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

I've had luck with zinc in the afternoon and magnesium in the evening. It's reduced the acne about 50%, but I'm starting my D3 regimen tomorrow. I'm planning on only taking a pill on days where it's cloudy/I plan to stay out of the sun. Don't want to overdo it, even though it may be hard to OD. 

#203 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

All,

In addition to its role in immune system including protective substances in skin, vitamin D is also important in normal glucose metabolism, it controls the release of melatonin and thus hyper pigmentation, it regulates the pituitary release of growth hormone. Allows minerals to absorb properly and metabolize in the body. Regulates normal cell proliferation, including skin cells. Additionally, vitamin D assists in the buildup of healthy tissue such as your bones.

#204 jezzabella114

jezzabella114

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

Its winter for me at the moment and my skin has gone to sh**. Im taking 2000iu of D3 (day 2 is today) and when the sun comes out i try to soak as much of it up as i can. I really hope my skin clears like yours does.

#205 sonicx2218

sonicx2218

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

D3 was a no-go for me; I had better effects sitting in the sun for 15 minutes than taking pills. My solution was the quality of the water I was cleaning my face and body with. Tested the water and it failed. 

#206 Theac

Theac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

As an update to my post a few months back.  I was deficient in vitamin D, and took 6,000 IU a day for 3-4 months.  Now my vitamin D levels are too high ('almost toxic') and my skin is no better.  

(By the way - be warned, if you take high levels of vitamin D for too long, you will get overcalcification of the bones, heart and kidneys, which can lead to kidney stones and kidney failure.)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users