Trying The Cavaman Washing My Face With Only Water. +Photos

2 replies to this topic

#1 Rose Robin

Rose Robin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Well this is what I think of the caveman routine so far... I still have acne but must better on my left side of my face and it's gone from my forehead. I've noticed that the pimps act differnetly. They get big quickly, then either go hard and stay a lump but not red and slowly go away, or fill with a clear liquid with a little pus then pop when I have a shower and disappear. They are less inchy and don't leave red marks. See photos at the bottom of the page.

My name is Rose and I want to do a log because I think what I'm doing is a little different for the other routines people do to get rid of their acne.

I am currently filming a documentary series about traveling around Mexico. I have been traveling by ferry boat, plane, camper, car, and now I'm biking and camping.
I am currently biking about 53.6 km on average, form 8am to 4pm.

I am following my dream, filming a video diary, doing a form of gonzo journalism. I've been doing it for about 1 year.
Here's the lastest episode of 'Enchanting Mexico'.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tDE6Tt9oJeE

I started to have acne when I stopped the pill about a year and a half ago. A friend got a tumor from taking the pill, the estrogen gave her a tumor, she convinced me to come off the pill, so I did. Ever since I've had bad but controlable ance.

But... about a month ago I was in a small town in Mexico where the only water to drink was from the tape, the people seemed fine and after staying there for a week I didn't have tummy problems... but I started to get really bad acne, like I've never had before, when I made the connection and stopped drinking the water, it's seems to be too late. I havn't drunk that water in two months but the ance is still really bad, painful, red, all over my lower face and under my jaw, and some times on my forehead.

I'm not moaning... okay may be I am a little... I'm hopeing it's going to go away soon... I don't wear make up because it comes off in three seconds when I'm biking. I'm taking Fenugreek, evening primrose oil, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Neem, fresh cloves of Garlic about 6 a day, I drink a tone of water because I'm sweating riding my bike, and I'm trying the 'Caveman' washing only with water... I think it's getting a bit better in the last few days, not sure.

What I really want to say is... Acne is not going to stop me from have a good time and following my dream, and I'm not going to stop showing my face in public, or on video... So I'll be the girl with acne traveling around Mexico on her bike... I think acne is part of my life right now and I just have to deal ... So I'm going to stand proud and smile... I'm smile for all those with acne every where smile.png

If any of you have advice about the routine I've decide to take, like don't mix this with that or some thing, please do share.
I'm about to do a 600 km bike ride from Campeche to Chetumal, but I'll be on line when I can and I'll check in to see if you've replied.

Here's the link to the documentary series about Mexico, I suggest watch episode 1 of season 2... I hope you enjoy it: http://paintingpirates.com/Mexico.html

I arrived in Xpujil today, my 5th day biking since I started this log, which means I done 268km, that means I've been doing an average of 53.6km a day... I'm tickeled pink tongue.png I'm staying in Xpujil for two night to recover then I'll be heading for Chetumal.
My acne is pretty much the same as before, I have some big white beauties... which I'm just inching to pop, but I'm not going to... I've noticed that the ones I leave alone dry up and disappear faster then the ones I pop...

Camping helped me forget all about the acne for a while because I didn't have a mirror, although one little girl in a village called Suk-Tuk asked me 'What's all that?' pocking all over her face :§ humm...

Well this is what I think of the caveman routine... I still have acne but must better on my left side of my face and it's gone from my forehead. I've noticed that the pimps act differnetly. They get big quickly, then either go hard and stay a lump but not red, or fill with a clear liquid with a little pus then pop and disappear. They are less inchy and don't leave red marks.

Tonight I sleep in a bed in a cabin with the confort of a hot shower and internet biggrin.png
I invite any one who's interested to see the photos for the road trip so far to check out my face book : http://www.facebook.com/rose.robin1
I'll be putting up the next episode of 'Mexico Encantador' tomorrow.

This photo was just before I started the bike ride from Campeche to Chetumal
Photo on 2013-01-09 at 11.01 #3.jpg

This Photo was day two in the morning
GOPR0019.JPG

This one day six at the cabin in Xpujil, I think it's looking a little better... For sure it's not worst smile.png
Photo on 2013-01-21 at 12.15.jpg

This photo is 10 days after the first photo.

Photo on 2013-01-27 at 12.15.jpg

Photo on 2013-01-27 at 12.15 #2.jpg

This photo is 20 days after first photo

Photo on 2013-02-03 at 12.52 #2.jpg

Photo on 2013-02-03 at 12.52.jpg

It seems to be getting better don't you think?

Edited by Rose Robin, 03 February 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Splashberri

Splashberri

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Wow you are amazing! I admire you for not letting the acne get to you, but even more so for pursuing your dreams and biking 8am to 4pm (nice!) :).

For some advice on the acne, if you have access to the beach, swim! And if you don't, perhaps try salt water? My acne and the scars improve a lot from swimming in the beaches. I'm dealing with similar acne btw.

Have a wonderful journey!

#3 Rose Robin

Rose Robin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thank you :) I'll be at the beach in about 120 km when I get to Chetumal, two or so more days biking... I'll be swimming because I want to film the Manatees there for the documentary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users