Acne Scar Specialist Sydneyacne scars;
Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:55 AM
I live in Sydney Austrlia. I have now been researching for a while on how to fix my acne scars. I have attached my images to this post ( no flash, indoors, night time room light). I have consulted a couple of docs and got recommended a mix of subscision, fillers and laser. i wanted to get a second opinion and I have Googled the following list of doctors. If you have been treated by any doctor on this list then it will be great if you can share your feedback. Also, if you have been treated by a doctor in Sydney (who is not on my list) and were happy with results then pls do share their details. ok, here is my list so far:
1. Dr. Deborah Davis - www.herberdavis.com.au
2. Dr. Adrian Lim - www.uRepubic.com.au
3. North Sydney Dermatology - www.northsydneydermatology.com.au
4. Skin and Cancer Foundation Australia - www.scfa.edu.au
Look forward to your replies
Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:40 AM
Hello and welcome!
I am not from Sydney but I travel (4 hours each way) there every 8 weeks for my treatments. I haven't visited any of the clinics in your list but I can share the one I do go to, and one I implore you to stay away from.
I see a trained esthetician at the following clinic. I have also met the plastic surgeon who works there and he is lovely. He sat down just to talk with me while I was waiting for my appointment with the esthetician. I was very impressed however I am not 100% sure if Naveen does any treatments for acne scarring. If you want to know more about the esthetician I see you're welcome to ask! I have been having Dermaroller treatments with her since July last year.
http://naveensomia.com.au/ <--- YAY!
But, whatever you do please stay away from this place below. Nothing but money-hungry idiots who don't really care about your satisfaction. I had 5 Fraxel Laser sessions with the head honcho there and while the treatments were not horror stories, the time, effort and money I spent was not worth it. The doctor never returned my calls when I had concerns and the set up of their clinic is terrible. I actually had to walk past all the people in the waiting room after my treatment, very embarrassing and unpleasant.
http://www.facialrejuvenation.com.au/ <---- EVIL!
I see you have some rolling and boxcar scars there, similar to me before I started treatments. What treatments are you looking at having for your skin?
My Skin Care Regime
** Morning **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
3. DermaQuest C3 serum (Vitamin C)
4. DermaQuest Stem Cell 3D Daily Moisturiser (tinted) SPF 15 or
DermaQuest Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 15 (on weekends)
** Makeup **
1. DermaQuest DermaPerfection Primer
2. Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 15
3. Dermablend Setting Powder
** Night **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Algae Facial Scrub (every second night)
3. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
4. DermaQuest Retexture serum (Vitamin A) (every second night)
5. DermaQuest Skin Rehydrating Serum (every other night)
6. DermaQuest Clarifying Pads (5% salicylic acid) (for my biggest acne prone areas)
7. DermaQuest DermaClear TX (for acne spots)
8. Swisse Ultiboost Hair Skin and Nails (vitamin supplement)
*** Current Treatment Plan ***
2010-2011: 5 x Fraxel Re:Store sessions - maybe 10-15% improvement.
2012-2013: 5 x Dermaroller sessions - at least 70% improvement!
2013: One eDermastamp treatment down, one more to go in Oct!
Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 AM
Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:34 AM
Hi kjoshi, have you had any treatments yet? I have very similar scarring to yours and am looking for advice.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users