Photo

14/m Accutane Log (With Pictures)

accutane tane claravis isotretinoin log scared nervous tazorac minocycline

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#21 lookitsme

lookitsme

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

No offense, but you shouldn't be taking accutane, many people here have suffered with acne well in to their 20's before starting this drug, your acne could just be a phase, you should try to ride it out first before turning to something like accutane.

Obviously his doctor believes differently. If I was given the chance, I would have taken it instantly. Now instead, I have to deal with scars of the "acne phase". Please, you have no idea if it's going to be a phase or not. Why risk a lifetime of scars if he, his family, and doctor is comfortable with Accutane? I say more power to you and best of luck!

Edited by lookitsme, 28 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#22 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

No offense, but you shouldn't be taking accutane, many people here have suffered with acne well in to their 20's before starting this drug, your acne could just be a phase, you should try to ride it out first before turning to something like accutane.

Obviously his doctor believes differently. If I was given the chance, I would have taken it instantly. Now instead, I have to deal with scars of the "acne phase". Please, you have no idea if it's going to be a phase or not. Why risk a lifetime of scars if he, his family, and doctor is comfortable with Accutane? I say more power to you and best of luck!

Oh my god, you could have not put it into better words! Thank you :) Yeah, I wasn't sure how to reply to him without coming off as rude, but you just summed up all of my thoughts! Thank you for your kind words! and goodluck with your scars! Have you tried microdermabrasion, or PMD or something like that?

#23 cheezycakes

cheezycakes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

If your doctor thinks it's fine to be on accutane, then it's fine. The overwhelming majority of people won't have severe side effects. I'm glad you're doing well. Even though you're young and your acne is pretty mild, it's always a good idea to zap it early before it scars. Good luck.

#24 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Day 10

Well, around my nose and on my chin are getting very very very oily! Is this normal? I am not drying out at all atm. Today at school someone asked me if I put something on my face, because it looked "shiny". Like, my upper lip is sooo shiny. My face is also starting to get red/darken... Weird. 

I am through my first little trifold of pills! Feels like just yesterday I was ripping off my first pill cover...

My stomach is hurting a lot, and so is my lower back, still. I will bend over to tie my shoe, and when I stand up it's like someone is ripping out my tailbone. (I may be acting a little dramatic)... 

While my face isn't drying out(yet), my body is! My eczema that I got rid of a week back, has now come back and it is really itchy and uncomfortable... and I am usually not ashy on anywhere besides my joints like elbows and knees, and now I am ashy on my whole arm... CETAPHIL TO THE RESCUE!

#25 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I totally understand the back pain. It should go away once your body starts adjusting to the drug. Mine was gone at about the one month mark if I remember right.

#26 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Thank you for that! It's horrible really! I am going to be really happy when it is gone.

#27 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Day 11

Holy crap! I am breaking out like crazy! I have about 5 new big white heads and its just not a pretty sight! Really not cool, because tonight was senior night, and it was a big game, and these pimples developed during the day so I couldn't pop them or anything... Oh well, I was waiting for breakouts, but I did not realize how much I would care until it happened... I will post pictures again at the beginning of week 3 on Day 15... Wait, WEEK 3? Already? This is going by soo fast!

#28 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Day 14-End of Week 2

I am definitely drying out now. Now down to about 2 new white heads a day, and if I pop the gunk out of them, and leave them alone, their already pealing off the next day, which is fabulous! I have those flesh colored bumps, and I was wondering if anyone that has completed accutane got rid of them? Anyway, I am posting more pictures tomorrow, a lot of my scarring and redness from months ago is disappearing! My face is starting to look a lot better, and my mom keeps telling me! "Really, Ryan, your face is looking a lot better! It's exciting!" I am glad she is enthusiastic about this :) Yeah, most of that super oiliness is disappearing as well, and I do not have to wipe my upper lip and chin every hour :) The pimples that I do get, already are at the surface by the time I notice them, and they are white and inflamed, and at a perfect time to extract that gunk! So it's all working out great! My lips are starting to get even more dry... didn't know that was possible! Back pain is less, and bowel movements go a lot easier when a lot of water is consumed. I have been mildly constipated a couple of times in the past week, and it's my fault, I have not been drinking enough of water! That's going to change! Tomorrow starts WEEK 3! (omg) , and I am ready to have CLEAR SKIN!  

#29 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Day 15-Week 3!

Well here are the pictures, I do have one new pimple today!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00480.JPG
  • DSC00482.JPG
  • DSC00485.JPG

#30 billywilly45

billywilly45

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

looking good bro your already speeding right through your pills:) I just had my 4th month appointment today 1 more month :) best of luck to you Ryan

-Skylar

#31 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Wow! That's awesome! I cannot believe you only have 1 more month! I bet it will fly by in no time! I bet your skin looks nice! Thanks for the luck! :P 

#32 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Day 18-Week 3

Alright, so, I am breaking out like craaazy! I got this HUGE pimple on my chin, and it has a white head next to it, and I regret it so much now, but I tried popping them both, and the bigger one went ham on the mirror, like DISGUISTING!, and the smaller one is going away, and the bigger one either has an dried up oil covering on it, or it is coming back stronger. On my pimple that was around my nose, after it was popped, it felt like it wasn't over, but then it get peeled off and the skin was flat and healthy underneath... 

OH MY GOD, my nose is actually DRY for the first time in my life! Like, it's peeling! I cannot believe it! Usually, I can rub the oil off, and my nose feels like a greased pig, but now it is as dry as bone! I still have blackheads on my, of course, but this is a major milestone.

As for my breakouts, I have about 4 really tight, and red, and just, overfilled whiteheads that are kinda uncomfortable, at times I can feel them beating, or pulsing like a heart... Since the weekend is here (no school tomorrow), I am just going to leave these things on my face, and see what they do... I cannot promise that though. When I go in the bathroom to wash my face before bed, I have to pop at least one pimple, it's like a routine... Just looking at them, I can see them being like, "Pop me now, Ryan, do it, don't stop, there ain't a thing to it! Don't be scared, pop me now, Ryan," and it's just sooo irresistible... But the second after I pop one, and oil keeps coming out, and I cannot get it all out, I instantly regret it... I'll learn someday, hopefully someday in these next 5 months... 

Sorry for my rambling D: I didn't realize how much I typed until I lost my train of thought... Thanks for reading though :D More pictures this Monday when it's WEEK 4 OMG, I cannot believe I am nearing the end of my first month.. ANYWAYS, :) bye

#33 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Day 22-Week 4

So I am breaking out in these really pressurized red bumps, and they are soo painful and I can just feel this pulsing, and when I pop them they are like SHWAAANG all over the mirror. It's disgusting. The blackheads I have on and around my nose are sooo noticeable too! They are so gross! I have a dermatologist appointment on Thursday (Valentine's Day!). I am hoping they don't up my dosage, because it is expensive enough as it is, I am going to ask for a cheaper brand of it too (it's all the same right). My friend said that she thinks the medicine is working, and then I have less marks and red spots, and I think she is lying... Oh well. At least I am doing something about all of this, and I am going to have clear skin sooner or later. That's all I am thinking about when I see a new pimple...

So here are the pictures for the beginning of Week 4 smile.png

DSC00493.JPG

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00496.JPG

Ugh, it's so weird! Before I started Taz or Accutane or anything, my forehead was my trouble area, and since I have been taking Accutane, my forehead has been basically clear the whole time... Sooo weird! I have a lot of clogged pores and non inflamed bumps, like tons of them, and some of them have turned into white heads (painful ones at that), and I hope the rest of them just go ahead and get it over with now... I don't want to be breaking out my whole treatment. That would suck.

#34 Foundations

Foundations

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

These next couple months will definitely be hard to get through, but I think you will clear up just fine! Also, I really don't think you should continue to pop your pimples. It may be tempting to do that, but it will only lead to red marks and scarring.

Stay positive and keep your head up.

#35 lookitsme

lookitsme

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Oh my god, you could have not put it into better words! Thank you smile.png Yeah, I wasn't sure how to reply to him without coming off as rude, but you just summed up all of my thoughts! Thank you for your kind words! and goodluck with your scars! Have you tried microdermabrasion, or PMD or something like that?

Good to hear! :)

And thanks! Right now I'm on Accutane, about the same time as you it seems. I guess I'll deal with the scars after that and see what is left.

And don't pop your pimples! Hah

#36 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Oh my god, you could have not put it into better words! Thank you smile.png Yeah, I wasn't sure how to reply to him without coming off as rude, but you just summed up all of my thoughts! Thank you for your kind words! and goodluck with your scars! Have you tried microdermabrasion, or PMD or something like that?

Good to hear! smile.png

And thanks! Right now I'm on Accutane, about the same time as you it seems. I guess I'll deal with the scars after that and see what is left.

And don't pop your pimples! Hah

I'll try not to :) Good luck with your treatment!! 

#37 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Day 25

Well, today I went to the Dermatologist, and when she asked me about side effects, I just told her that the normal, but I left out the rectal bleeding... 

She put me on a plan where I take 2 40 mgs on Mon/Wed/Fri, and then just one on the other days... 

I just did my business, and it was rather large and hard, and a pain to get out, and when I wiped my business, well, there was more blood than usual. So I guess it's the same thing as chapped lips? Very dry, and when you are two rough with them, they tear or crack and bleed. I guess I will start to moisturizing with vaseline before bed, or Cetaphil... I don't know... It was really scary though, I did not expect that! Now my anus feels like the way my lips did in the beginning (sore)... I doubt its like IBS or anything crazy like that... 

I am breaking out some more, what evs... A couple of big pimples that I am experimenting with, I haven't popped them! (so proud) and then I have small white heads too :P Well, that's it, more pictures on Monday like always...

#38 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Day 29-Week 5-Month 2

Okay, so, month one was pretty chill, nothing CRAZY, but I have started my IB this last week, and it sucks! I know in the pictures it doesn't look too bad, but the white heads are GIGANTIC! and white, and yellow, and disgusting! I have a game tonight, and it's gonna kill me to have to go there looking like this! But, on the bright side, 80% of those black heads on my nose just came out (I extracted them, thats why my nose is really red), yeah so that's spectacular! I have proven to myself that pimples do not need to be popped though, I left one alone that was by my hairline, and within about 4 or 5 days, it just peeled off when I was washing it! It was pretty cool... 

Here are pictures for WEEEEEK 5!

DSC00507.JPG

DSC00505.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

I can notice an improvement in the scarring, a lot of it is gone on one side! :D Exciting!

#39 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Day 30

A lot of people were staring at my face last night. Uh, hello, have you never seen a pimple before? 

I have noticed that I am more emotional now than I was before. Like at tumbling practice we played this game to warm up and I had to go against this girl, and I accidentally got her eye, but she was fine, and it wasn't my fault... and I started like tearing up lol... and it's happened like 3 times after that! I am usually not this emotional. Oh well. :D

I hate these white heads! I only popped one of them, but I am leaving the rest alone! More blackheads continue to come out every night, and my nose feels really smooth :D 

I am going to the Orthodontist today with all these whiteheads on my face, wish me luuuuck :)

#40 ryanwithacne

ryanwithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Day 36- Week 6

My face has gotten a little bit worse than my last update. Oh well, I am learning now to not let my acne get in the way of trying new things and being outgoing. Like the first week of no pimple popping, I was about to die. Even today though I can see people I am talking to glancing at my whitehead on my chin, but I don't really care anymore. I tried out for my school musical today! :D:D

Back pain is going down a lot! My big toe's on both of my feet are KILLING ME though! I don't even know why! It hurts to walk, and dance, and run, it just is painful! My face is still producing a nice amount of oil in the normal areas, like my nose, forehead, and chin! Also, I got a huge pimple on my forehead for the first time in a month, so I am not sure what's going on now but what evs. Keep throwing those punches acne, cuz I ain't coming down!!!

Here are the pictures for week 6:

DSC00522.JPG

DSC00523.JPG

DSC00526.JPG