Photo

Regimen Log Moderately Severe Acne

regimen log moderately/sev

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#41 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

WEEK 6 day one

Third day in a row that college has canceled these blizzards are crazy! Anywho was playing basketball with some buddies and realized my hair was really long so got home last night and shaved it off lol. Definitely impulse move to say the least. Anywho let the shaver slip and now have a bald spot! Haha looks like ill be sporting a hat for the next few weeks! Anywho hoping that the short hair helps with the forehead acne. Also going to try to get a humidifier if i can make it out of the driveway to see if it helps with flaking and dry skin of wintertime. 

#42 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Keep up the hope man.  It's still early.

Wishing you the best of luck

Thx! Means alot, yeah still early but frusterating none the less, gunna tough it out for 3-4 months and if by then it's not better than I might just give up on the regimen :(

#43 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

DAY 45? I think
Acne sitch is quite bad at the moment and so is pih, and it's driving me maddd lol. Anywho got a humidifier and I must say for anyone who gets dry itchy skin in wintertime get one! Itchiness on my back subsided the day I got my humidifier!

Flakiness however has returned... Idk what it is with the flakiness it comes and goes all the time. One day it'll be horrid and the next nothing, baffles me. Also I've noticed the mousterizer is leaving a yellowish tint on my skin, I'm guessing I'm using to much or not rubbing it in well enough. The yellow tint also come and goes... One day it'll be fine next day I look really yellow lol. Today I am yellow... And I'm at school all day justtttt greatttttt! Prob should be paying attention instead up updating this but hey, yolo lol.

Not sure how many pimples I have and I don't really feel like counting but it's def 10+ at the moment with 4-5 cyst. 25+ pih marks, some small some not small.

Discouraged? Yes! Frustrated? heck yussss! Angry? Very! Talking to myself? Yep. Lol.. Not ready to give up on the regimen yet but really really want some progress. Anyways long post mainly cuz I'm frustrated at the moment and bored in class, until next time!

#44 putrieh

putrieh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

So glad I came across your logs! I just started the regimen a few days ago and it's nice to see how things are going with your journey and it gives a little insight on what may or may not happen in the coming days/weeks.
My skin sounds alot like how yours was when you started, i'm also an Asian with darker skin and hyperpigmentation is a big problem for me, as well as my skin going from mild to the moderate/severe range so its pretty cool being able to relate lol. Hope things only get better from now :)

#45 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

So glad I came across your logs! I just started the regimen a few days ago and it's nice to see how things are going with your journey and it gives a little insight on what may or may not happen in the coming days/weeks.
My skin sounds alot like how yours was when you started, i'm also an Asian with darker skin and hyperpigmentation is a big problem for me, as well as my skin going from mild to the moderate/severe range so its pretty cool being able to relate lol. Hope things only get better from now :)

Hello! Thx for the support! And yeah hyperpigmentation is horrible issue for Asian skin sucks pretty bad xP. And yes! I made this log for myself and partly because I when I started I couldn't find any other logs with circumstances like mine! I hope my log helps you and good luck on your journey!!! If you have questions I'm glad to share what little knowledge I've gained so far, and maybe even make your own log. It's a great way to vent on bad days lol!

#46 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

WEEK 7

Good news is im down to only 3 active cysts! And zero new cyst breakouts all week! However bad news is I broke out pretty bad with papules and pustules this week, although these are smaller and much more manageable than cyst are! PIH is also still very bad on both sides, Really tempted to just tan when summer hits, ive heard both sides however to this story. Some people say its horrible and others say its good for PIH. But for now ill just stay consistent with the regimen and use the aha nightly. Only side effect of bp that remains is flakiness on some days, other than that i believe ive completely adjusted to the full finger length. Other than that same ol same ol, optimistic about week 8 and month number 3 coming up! 

Edited by dqn217, 03 March 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#47 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

WEEK 7
Good news is im down to only 3 active cysts! And zero new cyst breakouts all week! However bad news is I broke out pretty bad with papules and pustules this week, although these are smaller and much more manageable than cyst are! PIH is also still very bad on both sides, Really tempted to just tan when summer hits, ive heard both sides however to this story. Some people say its horrible and others say its good for PIH. But for now ill just stay consistent with the regimen and use the aha nightly. Only side effect of bp that remains is flakiness on some days, other than that i believe ive completely adjusted to the full finger length. Other than that same ol same ol, optimistic about week 8 and month number 3 coming up! 

I'm so glad you are seeing positive results now.
Hoping that from here and out you receive nothing but positive results from the regimen :)
As for the sun tanning, honestly I wouldn't consider it for fading pih but when people are desperate for a cure they try all these forms of methods, out of pure desperation.
Reason being because the suns emission can alter your DNA structure within your cells causing skin cancer . I mean obvious you'd have to be expose to the sub unprotectively for a vast amount but either way you are exposing your skin to sun burns and premature aging . If you don't mind my Input on your scars and pih just allow them to heal on their own and even at times the BP will help bleach the spots . You can also try glycolic peels . I've performed a couple and it helps however, you'd have to do more than a peel. Approx. like 10 to see optimal results . Patience is a virtue . Keep it up :)

#48 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

WEEK 7

I'm so glad you are seeing positive results now.
Hoping that from here and out you receive nothing but positive results from the regimen smile.png
As for the sun tanning, honestly I wouldn't consider it for fading pih but when people are desperate for a cure they try all these forms of methods, out of pure desperation.
Reason being because the suns emission can alter your DNA structure within your cells causing skin cancer . I mean obvious you'd have to be expose to the sub unprotectively for a vast amount but either way you are exposing your skin to sun burns and premature aging . If you don't mind my Input on your scars and pih just allow them to heal on their own and even at times the BP will help bleach the spots . You can also try glycolic peels . I've performed a couple and it helps however, you'd have to do more than a peel. Approx. like 10 to see optimal results . Patience is a virtue . Keep it up smile.png

You and me both! hopefully that is the end of all the cystic acne breakouts and its clear skies ahead :). Now hopefully no breakouts at all this week! OH how nice that would beeeeee. Oh didnt know all that lol, however in summer i get ALOT of sun usually and I dont exactly know how to avoid it so goign to be quite the dilemma. As for the peels im a wee bit scared to do them haha ( im a pansy lolol) im really hoping the aha works its magic over the next few months in regards to these pih marks.  Oh and thanks for the support! Means more than you know! 

#49 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Saw a video today. powerful stuff! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ltun92DfnPY

#50 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

WEEK 8!

Wow time flies when your doign hw 24/7! lol. College suckssssssssss. I have a test or midterm literally everyday this week! Anyway two week in a row without a cystic breakout!!!! WHOOOO But still get breakouts whiteheads and smaller ones that are really annoying still. Flaking is still an issue some days I thought it would be gone by now but it comes and goes still, also annoying. Anyway looking through old photos and  Ive noticed that my skin is 10000 times better in the summer time, anyone know why this is? Makes me all the more excited for summer to come already. Still have a few "dormant" cyst that are lingering and slowing fading tho, that combined with PIH and the small breakout it still not a good situation right now lol. But improvement is def happening which is really motivating. ALmost 2 months in, month 3 is gunna be the month were its gunna be all sunshine and rainbows, im feeling it lol. Anyway, gotta fight to make it through this week and then spring break yeah budddyy. Anyway ill pray for all the acne sufferers out there that healing comes, hope you all do the same for me! 

#51 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

MONTH 2!

March 13 actaully marked the 2 month mark for me! So im actaully a litttle passed it now but Its a cool milestone non the less for me! I had one dormant cyst to start the week and as the week progressI got another cyst that merged into that one! So now have the king cyst on my forehead lol, but aside from that no other cyst! 3 weeks and only one cysts is soooo remarkable for me considering where i came from starting out. Still getting the smaller variety of acne tho, however much more managable and goes away generally in 3-4 days when drowned in bp lol. Even my marks are fading a tiny bit now that the acne has calmed down. As for flakiness, not sure if spring weather or im just getting used to bp but its greatly subsided! Finally ive solved my yellow tint problem from the moisterizer, I found that although 2 full pumps is very miosterizing its just a wee bit to much. I cut it down to 1.5 pumps in the morn and 1 pump + 1 pump aha at night and it seemed to not make me yellow anymore. So all in all, pretty progressive week, very excited and happy. Not where i want to be quite yet but getting there slowly! Happy spring break errbody! Dont party to hard lol!

#52 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

WEEK 10

Aww mannnnn, broke out with two big imflamed ones one by the left side of my mouth and one right side of my nose, ughhghghghghghghgh. Im thinking its cause this week was spring break and I ate not so good lol. Back to eating healthy this week. hyperpigmentation is getting better but still not good. Im thinking by month 4 its gunna be good! Regimen has given me a lot of progress up to this point but still not perfect, hopefully these two go away fast!

#53 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Middle of week 11
God daym it, 3 huge imflamed cyst right now FACK. One left of my nose, one right of my nose and one over my right eyebrow. Alll huge and seem like they are here to stay for awhile. Wth man ughughgughg. So mad and on top of this I'm freaking itchy as hell last few days, freaggin winter

#54 Cassie Reannan

Cassie Reannan

<3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

I read your whole thread, thanks so much for posting.

#55 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

I read your whole thread, thanks so much for posting.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the support!

So right now only one pimple thats really bothering me, its a huuuge cyst smack dab in the middle of my face. From last week, hasnt made much progress. Fell under temptation and tried to squeeze it, bad idea lol. Anyway if that one went away its pretty much just hyperpigmentation! Regimen has done great job controlling major breakouts. Getting outside more and enjoying the spring weather. Slowly even gaining some confidence back. If this huge cyst would go away that would help alot lol. So greatful for the progress ive made since starting. Hope everyone had a great easter and heres to a better tommorrow! and the day after! lol 

#56 Ninjawizard

Ninjawizard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Great post, positive attitude gives me hope man.  I'm on week 7 and still breaking out and have like 8+ actives and over 20+ marks like wth when will the torture end?!!!  Pretty much feel frustrated hard to have hope when you don't see progress.  I am asian too so on my light tone skin it's hella noticeable.  Well good luck man I am praying for you and all acne suffers out there for clear skin!  EVERYONE DESERVES CLEAR SKIN!!!  

What's your diet like do you feel like it's a big part in controlling your acne?  

#57 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Great post, positive attitude gives me hope man.  I'm on week 7 and still breaking out and have like 8+ actives and over 20+ marks like wth when will the torture end?!!!  Pretty much feel frustrated hard to have hope when you don't see progress.  I am asian too so on my light tone skin it's hella noticeable.  Well good luck man I am praying for you and all acne suffers out there for clear skin!  EVERYONE DESERVES CLEAR SKIN!!!  

What's your diet like do you feel like it's a big part in controlling your acne?  

Hang in there man, I had so many doubts along the way I wanted to quit so many times. Glad I stuck it out tho. I agree the hyperpigmentation sucks donkey balls and takes freaggin forever to fade. I lucked out and I dont have many scars, a few shallow ones only. I know its bad but im hoping the summer sun helps even out my skin tone haha. Im praying for you too dood, you can do it! As for food, I eat realitively healthy, however im not a saint , there are weeks that I eat horribly. I eat healthy more for my workouts than for acne lol. Only foods i really avoid is vitamin b6 and keep dairy intake to a minimum. I do take whey protien but other than that i dont drink milk or eat cheese very often. I beleive those are my trigger foods, everyone has different trigger foods tho. But if your considering a healthy diet, i mean its good for you in the long run anyway! Good luck to you man, its a stuggle everyday but we van pull through this madness!

PS dood your hobbies are exactly like mine haha, except skateboarding, and I assume you can actually sing. I like to sing but i sound like a horse dying when i do lolz. 

Almost to dat 3 month mark!

Quick update

Really nothing  new BUT of course the huge cyst smack in the middle of my face is still there.... If swear if it went away I would  be acne free!!!!!! And would only be dealing with hyperpigmentation. Of course it is there and in a very embarrassing position, so ill grind out another week or two til its gone. Loving that spring is coming around, winter has not been kind to me, but heres to better days! 

#58 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Im so glad you have not given up . I remember I was on month 3 when you started, now I'm on month 6. Face is relatively clear with a couple ice picks and blemishes but make up can conceal. Let me remind you I had severe acne when I started so by the time you get to month 6 your blemishes will be so light and your face will actually look healthy.

#59 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Im so glad you have not given up . I remember I was on month 3 when you started, now I'm on month 6. Face is relatively clear with a couple ice picks and blemishes but make up can conceal. Let me remind you I had severe acne when I started so by the time you get to month 6 your blemishes will be so light and your face will actually look healthy.

Haha I think you were the first one to post on my post if I recall correctly, crazy time really does fly. Really happy for you to be where you are! Acne is something of a brotherhood, only people who go through it truly understand lol. And I'm also glad I stuck with it, god knows I had my weak moments! I think you were actually a big part of that! Was really nice to have your encouragement and positive attitude here! Also was nice to have someone answer all my questions lol. So def owe you a big fat thank you! And I hope your right! Clear healthy skin by month 6? Ohh man that's sounds so nice! Just in time for summer and all that jazz lol. God bless and here's to a better tommorrow!

#60 Ninjawizard

Ninjawizard

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Hang in there man, I had so many doubts along the way I wanted to quit so many times. Glad I stuck it out tho. I agree the hyperpigmentation sucks donkey balls and takes freaggin forever to fade. I lucked out and I dont have many scars, a few shallow ones only. I know its bad but im hoping the summer sun helps even out my skin tone haha. Im praying for you too dood, you can do it! As for food, I eat realitively healthy, however im not a saint , there are weeks that I eat horribly. I eat healthy more for my workouts than for acne lol. Only foods i really avoid is vitamin b6 and keep dairy intake to a minimum. I do take whey protien but other than that i dont drink milk or eat cheese very often. I beleive those are my trigger foods, everyone has different trigger foods tho. But if your considering a healthy diet, i mean its good for you in the long run anyway! Good luck to you man, its a stuggle everyday but we van pull through this madness!

PS dood your hobbies are exactly like mine haha, except skateboarding, and I assume you can actually sing. I like to sing but i sound like a horse dying when i do lolz. 

Almost to dat 3 month mark!

Quick update

Really nothing  new BUT of course the huge cyst smack in the middle of my face is still there.... If swear if it went away I would  be acne free!!!!!! And would only be dealing with hyperpigmentation. Of course it is there and in a very embarrassing position, so ill grind out another week or two til its gone. Loving that spring is coming around, winter has not been kind to me, but heres to better days! 

thanks man on week 8 now seeing minimal progress, but still breaking out T-T.  Where do you live?  Honestly bro I lost most interests in all my hobbies, skateboarding because I couldn't control my sweating and acne, working out I have been slacking haven't been to a gym in like months, if you are into cars like me what kind of car do you have 240? s13/14?  And hey I'm not a great singer but doesn't matter if your good or not as long as you love it.  I just got into raising green terror cichlids (something to pass the time with and not think about acne 24/7) if you have one we should bounce pictures off each other my Caeser has grown pretty big since I got him).  Honestly my fish is the only thing i got going for me now lmao.   Well gl to you too bro, I will be following your post just so I can be there when you finally clear up.  Acne has really killed my drive/motivation to do anything I just want to stay home and let the Regimen work it's magic for as long as possible, I know it's stupid and I shouldn't let it effect me but that's just who I am.  I am a really hard worker and I hate to lose, even to acne, so I'm exerting all my energy, time, and willpower to end this shit.  Cheers to the day both of us are clear, we'll definitely get there especially with this much support from everyone!