Photo

Regimen Log Moderately Severe Acne

regimen log moderately/sev

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#21 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

WEEK 3 (feb 2, 2013)

Whew, week two and three were super rough, major breakout on my forehead and temples. Clogged pores on both jawlines that I pray dont turn into full blown zits. A lot of hyperpigmentation, dont really even want to count how many spots there are eusa_wall.gif. And little zits to keep them company. 

Been using the full finger length of BP this week and it has brought some side effects with it. Face feels tight and dry. Flakiness is there until i drown my face in moisterizer lol. I heard a lot of the flaking goes away after you incorporate the AHA, does anyone know if thats true? 

I have a feeling week 4 has more of the same in store as I can see stuff still purging. but I think by the start of month two things will start getting better eusa_pray.gif .
Its been a uphill battle so far on the regimen but I really think after this next week things will start getting better. I think my purge is lasting longer than normal because some my my cyst were DEEP. And also during the first few weeks the BP was making my really itchy, and i found myself subconsciouly scratching and touching my face, and the areas that I did that broke out. As of now looking forward to week 6! Can incorporate aha, hopefully by then  ill be saying whoa my face is super clear lol! 

GOALS FOR THE WEEK 4
See significant progress in healing and less new formations of acne
Same other goals as last week.
Make it to week 5!

I didn't purge severely . Mild spots. Like 1 or 2. As for severe cystic acne like I had your face has to really bring out those suckers to the surface so that dermis can be free of acne. Once that's accomplished there will be nothing left to expose on the epidermis. I didn't see noticeable results until week 7 . Being positive and loyal to the regimen will bound to bring good results.

Ok thats encouraging! Idk if I could handle another big breakout mentally! when did you incorporate the AHA+ and how is it working for ya? And thanks for answering my questions! It helps to have someone whos been there and done that to kinda guide the way!

#22 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

I incorporated AHA into week 6. I wanted to assure that my skin didn't have any open lesions because the AHA stings . So when I started I mixed a pump of moisturizer with the AHa. The aha alone will sting and leave your face red. So it's best to mix it with moisturizer the first week.
Other than that I love it.
I currently have a dime size cyst on my right cheek and it isn't drying or budging. It's hard and under the skin. Im debating whether I should poke it with a needle and squeeze it out or let it die slowly :/ . So you see I still breakout even though I am in week 15. I think by 6 months I will no longer breakout .

#23 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I incorporated AHA into week 6. I wanted to assure that my skin didn't have any open lesions because the AHA stings . So when I started I mixed a pump of moisturizer with the AHa. The aha alone will sting and leave your face red. So it's best to mix it with moisturizer the first week.
Other than that I love it.
I currently have a dime size cyst on my right cheek and it isn't drying or budging. It's hard and under the skin. Im debating whether I should poke it with a needle and squeeze it out or let it die slowly :/ . So you see I still breakout even though I am in week 15. I think by 6 months I will no longer breakout .

Ok! I was planning to start on week 6 as well just to get used to the full length finger of BP before starting. Yeah I bet by month 6 youll be clear and free! I havea cyst exactly like yours right now on my forehead. Its hard and under the skin and penny sized I mean its massive this thing. Bp seems to have killed it over the past week so it doesnt hurt but its still imflamed and just siting there like a rock. Idk know what to do with it lol. Im not sure if im supposed to even pop cyst or not! Lemme know how it goes if you do decide to pop it back to the stone ages!

#24 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

DAY 25 (I think lol)
I consider myself somewhat masculine, playe sports through high school, lift in the gym, all that good stuff. Yet today found myself watching bubzbeauty skin care videos on YouTube haha.

Got a huge penny sized cyst on my top right forehead! Hugee I tell you! Also have new cyst forming on my left jawline and on on my left eyebrow ugh... Worse part about cyst is even if i catch then early they stilll grow and take forever to go away. Also have clogged pores around my mouth area which I'm worried will blow up into full grown zits. Aside from that still dealin with week 3's breakout.
So to summarize
Pimples check
Hyperpigmentation double check
Flaking/dryness triple check!
If no one can find the cure for acne then at least invent time machine so I can fast forward to the three month mark lol

#25 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

DAY 27

Wowzers almost a month already, Anyway i wont tally the numbers until tomorrow but overall a lot of those clogged pores turned into full zits as I feared it would. Had a medium breakout towards the end of the week that includes 2 new cyst aiyaaaa. Also have a feeling my jawline is going to breakout soon because I can feel small bumps there when i cleanse. Anyway one day left of week 4 and so far its been disappointing. Cmon month 2 be good to me!eusa_pray.gif 

#26 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

END WEEK 4 (Feb 10, 2013)

Time goes so slow when youre in it but so fast when you look back at it. Almost been a month already! Sadly there hasnt been much notable improvement, actaully my forehead/temple exploded with 4-5 cysts at the moment. Have a shallow cyst on my right cheek and small zits on both jawlines. In better news mount everest thats been on my forehead for a few weeks finally started to shrink. I mean he was penny sized and rock hard now reduced about 50%. Also flakiness has been  horrible ever since I uped the dosage of bp to full finger length, however the last few days flakiness has dramatically improved by 70%. PIH is stil horrible and the major problem right now so I think now that im getting more adjusted to the bp ill incorporate the aha at the one month mark instead of at the 6 week mark. Coincidentally my one month mark falls on ash wednesday and the start of the Lent season.  All in all its been a rough first 4 weeks but I still am optimistic about month 2! 

For lent I think ill give up junk food, im going to get back on a strict food regimen once again. if anyone has a meal plan figured out that they would like to share I would be happy to see it! I ate brown rice, broccoli and chicken/fish for about 2 months so it doesnt have to be very intricate meal plan. As long as I get my intake of essential nutrients and such. I also take a multvitamin and vitamin C daily. Also might add fish oil to that soon. Also going to really try to not touch my face at all except for the regimen. Im pretty good at this already but I do relapse every once in a while lol. And of course limit mirror visits. If anyone has other suggestions that might help please do tell!

#27 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

DAY 29

Starting no diary, simple carbs/refined sugars, eggs, or greasy foods today. I usually eat oatmeal and eggs for breakfast but I heard eggs can be a cause. However Im finding it difficult to find a replacement for the protien/zinc/nutrients that are in eggs for my morning meal.

#28 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

ONE MONTH!!

Whoooo! Made it to the one month mark! Some of bad forehead breakout from last week is starting to calm down but still there. I can feel stuff on my jawline on both sides but hopefully BP kills it off before it cant start! First month has been hard but good news is i think im adjusted to the BP and face very little side effects from it anymore. No redness, no itching, (was severe in beginning) and minimized flaking. Still have flaking but its manageable with moisterizer. Incorporating AHA today as well! Im guilty of trying it out early tho, used it a few times already and really liking it. Helped with flaking and unlike a lot of people I kinda like the smell. I use one pump miosterizer mixed with equal part aha. Stings very minimal and subsides after a few mins. Also very good at absorbing into the skin, absorbs much faster than miosterizer alone. Hopefully aha is the answer to my PIH problem! Month two is supposably much better than month one so cheers to that! Ash wednesday is today and marks the one month mark, very excited to see how much better its gunna be by easter!

for lent im giving up junk food in general. Clean eating for next few months! 

#29 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

WEEK 5

Made it through week 5 and guess what today is my birthday! So yeahhh buddy! Id like clear skin please! lol For the most part it was a good week! Things started calming down and only had one breakout this week toward the end of the week =(. But good news is all small ones and willl dry out fast. Hopefully things continue to improve this week! Used aha this week as well really liking it so far, however it is a bit odd some days the flaking is really under control and some days it gets bad again, not sure why. right now my biggest problem area for actives is my forehead (odd because my forehead used to be fine), So if I cant clear that up along wtih some of the smaller stuff around my jawline and have the PIH fade away Id be golden!! Everyone on the regimen seems to have a wow things got better fast week so I hope week 6 is that week for me! 

#30 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Read your entire log and i have to say thank you for putting your journey out there.  It makes those of us thinking about the starting the regimen have an idea of what its all about (as not everyone clears up in a few weeks).  One word of advice i have from my many years of having acne and trying different acne treatments is this: forego timelines.  I think having a timeline creates more anxiety and frustration as when its not reached, we feel like a big fat failure.  It's like 'oh, it says i should be clear by month 2 and since i am breaking out, i guess it doesn't work'.  Everyones skin and acne is different and people will be experiencing improvement at different rates.

You have a positive minset so keep on keeping on and the rest will follow

#31 aurielle357

aurielle357

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Your acne journey sounds a lot like mine, LOTS of cysts in the beginning, and then tapering out to mild acne, with LOTS of hyperpigmentation. I don't know WHAT it is with cysts, but it seems like once you get one, you are doomed--they are so stinking hard to get rid of, and I know a lot of people say don't pop...but honestly, I wouldn't have been able to get rid of some of them without popping them. Cystic acne is truly dreadful. Hang in there girl!

#32 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Read your entire log and i have to say thank you for putting your journey out there.  It makes those of us thinking about the starting the regimen have an idea of what its all about (as not everyone clears up in a few weeks).  One word of advice i have from my many years of having acne and trying different acne treatments is this: forego timelines.  I think having a timeline creates more anxiety and frustration as when its not reached, we feel like a big fat failure.  It's like 'oh, it says i should be clear by month 2 and since i am breaking out, i guess it doesn't work'.  Everyones skin and acne is different and people will be experiencing improvement at different rates.

You have a positive minset so keep on keeping on and the rest will follow

no problem! When I first started I looked around for a log that would be similar to me and couldnt find one so hopefully months down the line when im all clear (hopefully lol) people can look at it and gain some information! Im guilty of being a debbie downer too lots of times but its the encouragement from people on here that really helps me stay somewhat positive. The impact of small gestures like just saying you can do it! have more influence than people realize! So truely thanks for the support!!! 

Your acne journey sounds a lot like mine, LOTS of cysts in the beginning, and then tapering out to mild acne, with LOTS of hyperpigmentation. I don't know WHAT it is with cysts, but it seems like once you get one, you are doomed--they are so stinking hard to get rid of, and I know a lot of people say don't pop...but honestly, I wouldn't have been able to get rid of some of them without popping them. Cystic acne is truly dreadful. Hang in there girl!

Hello! Did you do the regimen? If so hows its going? I have a few cyst that are extremely stubborn as well! But I really really dont want to pop them because of the scarring potential. And Im not really sure how to even pop them they are so deep. Also is your PIH fading? Im a boy but I will hang in there! lolzz I do realize I talk like a girl sometimes so I can understand the confusion ;). Thanks for the support! Means more than you know!

#33 aurielle357

aurielle357

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Oh I'm sorry! Well now I'm embarrassed...yay!

Haha moving on, I actually don't use the regimen, I think the skincare system I use is in my signature, so check it out if you're interested :) I've been using that system for about three months, and I've cleared up a lot, but I still break out somewhat, and I haven't used any treatments on my PIH yet, so they've been fading a bit over time, but not dramatically or anything. I hope your journey goes well!

#34 moontec

moontec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hope you clear up soon!!!!! 

cant wait to read your next update.

#35 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Keep it up mate :)
I'm 4 months in the regimen and I still breakout but it's well worth it because it controls your breakouts . It goes from constant daily breakouts to 1 or 2 a week . Right now I have 3 pimples do yeah don't give up mate :) the worst has passed I hope !!!

#36 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hope you clear up soon!!!!! 

cant wait to read your next update.

You and me both! Thanks for the support!

Keep it up mate smile.png
I'm 4 months in the regimen and I still breakout but it's well worth it because it controls your breakouts . It goes from constant daily breakouts to 1 or 2 a week . Right now I have 3 pimples do yeah don't give up mate smile.png the worst has passed I hope !!!

CONGRATS on dat 4 months! Really glad youve made so much progress! And me too lol, Its diffinatly not the smoothest journey but im starting to see minor improvement by weeks and thats exciting!

#37 moontec

moontec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

one question

does Dan regimen get rid of acne scars?

#38 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

one question

does Dan regimen get rid of acne scars?

Discoloration or actual scars? Discoloration is hyperpigmentation and generally speaking will fade over time (take a llooong  while tho) actaul scars are either raised or indented skin (from lost tissue). The regimen doesnt help with either really but if you incorporate the aha its supposed to promote the shedding of skin and that in turn will help with the hyperpigmentation!

#39 dqn217

dqn217

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

WEEK 6

UGUGUGUGUHH. Two steps forward two step back type of week. Forehead EXPLODED with papuales as well as a few cyst. Got a cyst on my chin and some fresh PIH on both cheeks to add to the ones already there. It snowed heavily last few days in kansas and its really drying out my skin. The itchiness all over my body has been keeping me from a restful nights sleep even if i slap miosterizer on. I was so itchy I broke my no touch face rule and went berserker mode. Unfortunately The side that i scratched is now forming a few new pimples =(. Been using the AHA at night everyday half and half with the moisterizer and so far not much change in the PIH. PIH is still my main heartbreaker at the moment. Acne and its remains are slowly driving me to my breaking point, I think im going to explode one day.

Anywho sorry for not being upbeat but its been a depressing turn of events last few days. Cmon bring good news week 7!

#40 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Keep up the hope man.  It's still early.

Wishing you the best of luck