Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danaleer

Please Help Id Acne & Treatment - Pics

9 posts in this topic

I seriously need help. I've had these bumps on my cheeks for almost a year now, and nothing I have done has helped. I've used numerous face washes, countless spot treatments (like Persagel), and masks. These bumps usually stay the same size. On rare occasions some of them will get red and inflamed (like in the 1st photo I attached), but then they'll shrink again and go back to its previous state. I thought it was due from not washing my face after I wore makeup, so I stopped wearing makeup for the most part, and when I did wear makeup, I'd make sure to wash my face before going to bed. Still nothing.

I'm 24, no major health issues (I smoke however), and I seldom get regular pimples. I have clear skin (besides these bumps) and if I were to make the bumps go away somehow, I'd be able to go makeup free completely, which I would love.

Can someone please help me? I'd appreciate it forever!

PS. I do not have health insurance, so dermatology creams would be almost impossible unless they were cheap.

post-196586-0-98534600-1358594955_thumb.

post-196586-0-17841900-1358594961_thumb.

post-196586-0-98534600-1358594955_thumb.

post-196586-0-17841900-1358594961_thumb.

If you've applied the Benzoyl Peroxide cream for a good month or so & seen no change, it's possible that they're not acne pimples. You could try some hydrocortisone cream & see if that changes anything (it's cheap). Use it sparingly on the face as it can cause skin thinning (although I'm a long-time user & haven't had any effects).

I've no idea, unfortunately only a dermatologist can give you a conclusive diagnosis. But I think it's unusual for that you've had them for such a long time & they seem to look like acne only when they become red & irritated.

When I can manage to pop a few of them, pus does come out, but it's a very thin/stringy type pus, and there's not much of it. I'm considering doing a steam facial and wash and hoping that/ll help?

I would suggest applying glycolic acid morning and night to the bumps and see if this brings it up.

No regimen is one-size-fits-all. You are unique and so is your skin.

AM

Black soap - Lumiplexion Salicylic Acid ~ Lumiplexion SPF 30 ~ Lumiplexion moisturizer

PM

Black soap ~ Lumiplexion Glycolic Acid 12% (3-4x week) ~ Lumiplexion Hydroquinone 1-2x week

Lumiplexion enzyme mask / sulfur mask / moisturizing mask 1-2 week as needed

They look and sound like closed comedones. I would suggest a beta hydroxy acid product or retin a.