cystic acne cysts acne cyst green tea probiotic

3 replies to this topic

#1 hodgy15

hodgy15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have been dealing with acne for about 8 years now and once I reached my senior year of high school I broke out with cystic acne on the side of my face and then later on I got it along my jawline as well. When I moved into college in August, my face was the worse it had ever been.

My dermatologist had prescribed me to Acyana and Epiduo and I used it for about 4 and a half months and still saw no results unfortunately so I stopped using both products.

Finally, I started a few new things that have helped my acne/cysts so much:

1) I started birth control. It is called Tri-Sprintec. I figured that my cystic acne was caused by hormones and decided to give the pill a shot. I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have not gotten one cyst then and my breakouts have calmed down so much.

2) I began taking probiotics. I take 2 in the morning everyday.

3) Every night I wash my face with a wash from Shea Mositure's line of products. Its an avocado, green tea and olive oil wash. I used it on my legs because my upper thighs would break out and it cleared it up greatly so I decided to use it on my face and got a great result as well.

Ever since I started these three things my face has really been improving and my cysts are gone. I still get a few minor pimples here and there however, but they usually heal within a day or two. It's only been about 3 months since I began this routine and I'm hoping that it improves more over time.

I still deal with a lot of scarring however and am going to start coconut oil to see if it helps improve.

Thank you.

#2 bnschmdt

bnschmdt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Describe your probiotics? 

#3 hodgy15

hodgy15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Describe your probiotics? 

They are by Nature's Bounty. It's called Advanced Probiotic 10. 

You can read how it works here http://www.pamelaega...ents-acne_0001/

#4 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have been dealing with acne for about 8 years now and once I reached my senior year of high school I broke out with cystic acne on the side of my face and then later on I got it along my jawline as well. When I moved into college in August, my face was the worse it had ever been.

My dermatologist had prescribed me to Acyana and Epiduo and I used it for about 4 and a half months and still saw no results unfortunately so I stopped using both products.

Finally, I started a few new things that have helped my acne/cysts so much:

1) I started birth control. It is called Tri-Sprintec. I figured that my cystic acne was caused by hormones and decided to give the pill a shot. I have been on it for almost 3 months and I have not gotten one cyst then and my breakouts have calmed down so much.

2) I began taking probiotics. I take 2 in the morning everyday.

3) Every night I wash my face with a wash from Shea Mositure's line of products. Its an avocado, green tea and olive oil wash. I used it on my legs because my upper thighs would break out and it cleared it up greatly so I decided to use it on my face and got a great result as well.

Ever since I started these three things my face has really been improving and my cysts are gone. I still get a few minor pimples here and there however, but they usually heal within a day or two. It's only been about 3 months since I began this routine and I'm hoping that it improves more over time.

I still deal with a lot of scarring however and am going to start coconut oil to see if it helps improve.

Thank you.

What is the dose of that birth control pill with the 2 hormones? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users