Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nyla

If Pih Is Supposedly Not Permanent And Just Marks, Why Do Some Of Them Linger For So Long?

2 posts in this topic

I would like to know this. i've scoured the boards and google and i've yet to find a conclusive answer.. most say that PIH is temporary and the skin will return to its original colour, but i have brown marks on my face that are almost 4 years old. 4 years ago i also scraped my shins and got a chemical burn trying to treat them afterwards. the results of that were scabs that fell off and turned into brown marks which are still visible on my legs today. i don't get it. does dermal hyperpigmentation go away too if you manage to penetrate the skin and stimulate it, with skin needling or lasers, for example? i would really like some answers!

No one could really answer this question for me either. I've had mine for 6+ years and I know they're not going anywhere on there own. If you're just waiting for them to fade, I'd say from personal experience, don't hold your breath. I'm currently waiting on a TCA peel which is 'allegedly' a surefire weapon against PIH. Look into it if you're interested.

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"