Photo

Subcision Happened Today

subcision tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 polecat

polecat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thank you for creating this topic. I really appreciate this community.

#62 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Polecat, thank you for reading.  Yes, I too appreciate this website.   I have learned so much from others here.   Hopefully, this thread is a small contribution. 

I went to the dermatologist today.  He thinks there is improvement.  Though he says there is more room for progress.  I thought I wanted (needed) one more subcision but he nixed that idea.   So, I will just have another TCA peel.   We will be going with the 35% this time.   He made sure that I understood the recovery would be longer and he took time to discuss what I found uncomfortable about the last peel.  He is very thorough about explaining procedures which I really appreciate.  He, unlike many doctors, offers you a part in your own treatment and he and his staff are very accommodating.   It's amazing how much effort they make to help you feel comfortable.  I am truly grateful.   Anyway, I had planned to wait  a month or two before my next procedure but Dr. Berlin  felt that TCA peels and Texas' summers don't mix.  After thinking about it for half a minute,  I agreed.   I will have the procedure a week from Friday (3/29). 

On another note, he really wants me to use a retin-a based product.  I want that too but my skin seems to disagree.  It gets red, dry and a little painful but he gave me some application tips.  First, he said to wait 30 minutes after washing.  Second, put a dot on your forehead, cheeks, and chin and then spread the retin-a in a fanning motion.   I am to do this everynight and if I still have issues then I switch to every other night.  I won't be starting anything until after the peel though.  For anyone that is already on retin-a and planning  a TCA peel he said to stop using retin-a  3 days prior to the peel.  (Just fyi). 

Here is a link I found after my last TCA peel.  This is a must read for anyone that will be having this done.  

http://www.riverside...-chemical-peel/

I believe the procedures thus far have been beneficial and am looking forward to better AND better skin. cheer.gif

If anyone has any questions or anything that I need to add please let me know.  I will update next Friday. 

Oh and I would like to express a big thank you to the "Auto Saved Content" feature.

#63 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Dont get me wrong on this 451, but trying some iodine topically will surpass by far the TCA results

with also no real downtime and risks.

Throwing my 2 cents here...

But maybe you are right with  leveling the scar walls with the rest of the skinwith TCA..

but i can really see how iodine tincture applied two times daily for 2 days  will result

in exfoliation after day 4 with no prior chemically burn..

Edited by panos, 21 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#64 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Dont get me wrong on this 451, but trying some iodine topically will surpass by far the TCA results

with also no real downtime and risks.

Throwing my 2 cents here...

But maybe you are right with  leveling the scar walls with the rest of the skinwith TCA..

but i can really see how iodine tincture applied two times daily for 2 days  will result

in exfoliation after day 4 with no prior chemically burn..

Thank you for your input Panos.  I saw a thread about iodine but haven't read it yet.  The TCA peels (for me) are for some weird and wide spread textural issues and to help  smooth out the skin.  I will definitely read up on the iodine though.  Thanks again for the information. 

Panos, I am sorry.  I thought the Declatone (or whatever the product was called) thread was about iodine.  Would you mind including some info regarding iodine for scarring here?  Thank you in advance. 

#65 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yeah no problem..

First of all lets say that everybody can take care of his scarring without paying any doctor...

Instead of TCA peel you could go a very effective and much more safe way by using iodine.

I personally used iodine tincture 2% which costs 3 euros like.You can use lugol's solution iodine which costs more

or white iodine that doesnt stain . 

When you saturate the skin with this stuff,it sheds rapidly and in constant rate that the skin cant do otherwise

but to  regenerate from deeper dermal layer,from bottom to up(unlike the dermarolling stuff which is effective though for resurfacing the texture).

So you saturate the skin with it (probably 2 times daily for 2 days) and then you wait for exfoliation(i am on 4th day and still havent exfoliate).

You can completely treat discolouration with this stuff and also scars if you are dedicated..You just saturate the skin enough to get

some sort of burning feeling(not bad at all) and then you wait..You will see some sort of stained -very little scubbing that protects the skin underneath

and means regeneration is taking place from there.If you put the stuff every day for many days ,they say that a  thick sheet-like layer is forming

and the treated area is also sore(i havent come to this conclusion yet,since i am treating minor stuff)

Be careful of discoloroution if you use it too often as people are pointing out.

This stuff kils pathogens so maybe the primitive cause of scarring is the attack of pathogens to a big opened wound thus blocking regeneration

and healing with fibrotic tissue.

Here is a goldmine of info and i have to very much thanks this guy for this(i cant find him),you will get everything understand there.

http://www.worldhair.../viewthread/510

I am positive about this and i wait for exfoliation.There is a thread here that most people using it failed simply because they dint user proper potency

or/and the two bottle method (so the stuff will not evaporate after open it many times-so you put 1 weeks application at another vial).

Thing is depressed scar are maybe difficult for this ,i havent tried yet for depressed scars,actualy my subcision is taking care of them,and when they level up

with /or without scar tissue ,i am definitely going to give iodine a try there).

Bear in mind that iodine ,unlike tca peel,wont result in chemical burn (but of course a logical person wont apply massive drops at once).

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#66 451

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thank you Panos.  That is some interesting info.  I might look into this after I have healed from my TCA peel. 

#67 picnicker

picnicker

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

this may be a bit besides the point by now, but addressing the doubt expressed earlier ---

i have met the model used in dr. adler's b&a,
and i can personally attest to how excellent her skin is - no photoshopping was at play, it seems.

i would have never guessed she had experienced acne,
had i not (with shock) seen her on dr. adler's site when researching subcision..
and i probably would have doubted the 'before' shots too if our mutual friend hadn't verified her past w/ acne.

also, glad there seems to be such positive results happening.

Edited by picnicker, 05 August 2013 - 01:11 PM.